Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

How to display the contents on USB hard disks?
06-29-2015, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 11:12 AM by BaraNisse.)
How to display the contents on USB hard disks?
OK! I'm a complete nobb and sorry for that and if I have missed the question, I beg your pardon but:

Since a few days ago I use Open Hour Chameleon with Kodi 14.2 "Helix" and are happy with it so far.

Now I have a question concerning the best way to display the contents on USB hard disks, because I have a number of such filled with movies, it would be good to be able to browse more than just movie title.

Can I somehow equip each hard drive with a register with nice appearance that automatically opens when I open the hard disk and displayed in the Open Hour?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: How to display the contents on USB hard disks?
you could have them permanently connected and then let KODI scan them.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
06-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply!

Well, to have them permanently connected is not a solution because it is more than 20 hard drives in size 1-3 TB.
Therefore, one solution could be that each hard drive "introduced" their content through any kind of saved file on your hard drive.
Perhaps created by Kodi
06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
I don't think Kodi works that way.

maybe a better solution would be to attached the USB drives to a NAS as most have a USB port for extra drive and will handle a lot more than 20 if you use hubs in daisychain.
Most of your drive will do auto park or sleepmode so no power usage when not used.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why no Hard drive? or USB 3.0 support? mulderfox 9 6,662 09-04-2014 11:58 AM
Last Post: urkel