Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

No sound
06-08-2015, 06:36 PM
No sound
Hi there,

I'm not sure this is a SPMC issue, I admit I am a bit lost.
I've been using OHC with SPMC for a few months now, connected through HDMI to a Sony home theatre (BDV E980W) with some of the random issues mentioned here.

2 days ago, I started to see again the no sound icon on the top right of the screen when launching SBMC.
I use Passthrough. I cannot recall why I chose it when reading the documentation, but it sounded as a good idea since the home theatre could handle the HD sound if the signal was sent correctly.

Versions used are latest Chameleon (trying to solve the issue), SPMC 14.2

I am grateful for any tips or configuration change I should try.

Thanks a lot,
J
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jee for this post
06-09-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: No sound
(06-08-2015 06:36 PM)Jee Wrote:  Hi there,

I'm not sure this is a SPMC issue, I admit I am a bit lost.
I've been using OHC with SPMC for a few months now, connected through HDMI to a Sony home theatre (BDV E980W) with some of the random issues mentioned here.

2 days ago, I started to see again the no sound icon on the top right of the screen when launching SBMC.
I use Passthrough. I cannot recall why I chose it when reading the documentation, but it sounded as a good idea since the home theatre could handle the HD sound if the signal was sent correctly.

Versions used are latest Chameleon (trying to solve the issue), SPMC 14.2

I am grateful for any tips or configuration change I should try.

Thanks a lot,
J

Hello,

is the OHC or SPMC muted?

mfg Flundi
06-09-2015, 04:34 PM
(06-09-2015 02:24 PM)Flundi Wrote:  Hello,

is the OHC or SPMC muted?

mfg Flundi

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. No it isn't. In fact, using the "sound" menu while watching a video, I sometimes manage to get the sound by switching passthrough off and on again, but the top right icon remains visible. Once, after 30 minutes or so, the sound was replaced by static noise, and we had to stop and start the video again.

Thanks again,
J
06-09-2015, 09:04 PM
What happens when you use the Media > Video APP to play the files using passthrough? If you get no audio then you'll have to look at the receiver and calbing, if you get audio then you know its a SPMC setting.

Did you try a backup of your SPMC setup from earlier?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
06-10-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 12:13 PM by Jee.)
Hello,

One thing that worked yesterday:
Initial situation: SPMC runs, with the "no sound icon"
- Power off SPMC
- go to Android Settings, switch outpout from HDMI to "default outpout"
- switch back from "default output" to HDMI
- start SPMC again.

No more icon on the top right of the screen. I launched a video and got the sound ok.
Again, loud static noise after a few second. I stopped the video and started it again, the sound went well.

J

(06-09-2015 09:04 PM)chris57 Wrote:  What happens when you use the Media > Video APP to play the files using passthrough? If you get no audio then you'll have to look at the receiver and calbing, if you get audio then you know its a SPMC setting.

Did you try a backup of your SPMC setup from earlier?

I'll try the video app. The issue I have with it is that it takes forever to do a NFS scan, so I haven't yet added the server where the files are.

Thank you for your help,
J
06-10-2015, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 03:32 PM by chris57.)
Yep it does take sometime to do the first scan for servers, be they SMB or NFS. With SMB once you have entered your login details and told it to save them it becomes quicker. Not sure if you can do that with NFS as its based on ip access not user access.

With regards the statric noise that is what those using passthrough see as the audio issue, for those of us using downmix we get a looping/disco/gap audio issue. It's waiting to be fixed by RK and not something you can do much about. Presently are you using frameratesync? If so try turining it off and setting the resolution to 60Hz to see if you prefer playback that way again until its wokring properly. Reason why 60Hz is that Android/google being USA based thought everything should be played at 60Hz on first releases of Android, with GoogleTV and Lollipop its getting better but still not there yet.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
06-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Hello,

Short update.
After a week without any issue, the "no sound" icon showed up again this afternoon.
After a few desperate random changes, I noticed that the playstation was in rest mode, charging the game pads.
I unplugged it from the TV, and the "no sound" icon disappeared.

Connectivity:
Playstation -> HDMI Switch -> TV HDMI3
OHC -> Sony Home Theater HDMI1 -> TV HDMI1

So I don't know exactly what HDMI issue it is, but I have a workaround.
I'm sharing it here in case you have similar situation, maybe trying to unplug other HDMI inputs could be a workaround.

J
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jee for this post
06-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Thanks, can you post also in the firmware thread as this needs fixing if the upcom─źng new lollipop doesn't fix it. See thread on lollipop for more info.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Losing sound overnight apigeon 6 2,377 07-23-2015 10:27 PM
Last Post: chris57