Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Why no DTS-HD MA in passthrough?
06-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Shocked Why no DTS-HD MA in passthrough?
Hi, I have a problem/question
Why there's no DTS-HD MA audio in audio settings?
I have enabled passthrough for DD and DTS but there is no DTS HD option, and when I run DTS HD MA movie I reciever gets only DTS

Just bought open hour yesterday and I'm going crazy trying to passthrough DTS-HD MA to my reciever (Harman Kardon AVR 270 )
Kodi doesn't passthrough audio at all, and in SPMC I have only DD and DTS to chosse from
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Why no DTS-HD MA in passthrough?
same u Sad
it's only work with device media player
06-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Yep Kodi and some other software players do not passthrough HD audio yet.

So you hyave to use the Native Player called Video which does passthrough HD audio.
06-05-2015, 08:19 AM
By native player you mean the one that come with open hour? By simple going to Menu-Media-Video ?
If so I tried this and HD audio don't work almost at all (DTS works, DTS HD stuttering as True HD ), its stuttering really bad :/
06-05-2015, 09:14 AM
(06-05-2015 08:19 AM)pista Wrote:  By native player you mean the one that come with open hour? By simple going to Menu-Media-Video ?
If so I tried this and HD audio don't work almost at all (DTS works, DTS HD stuttering as True HD ), its stuttering really bad :/

In 1.0.27 the native player plays on my equipment also no DTS-HD. If i choose a movie with DTS-HD the player stays on Stereo and sounds nothing.
If i play before a normal DTS movie, the player switches to DTS and srays after stopping the movie to DTS. If i start after that the movie with DTS-HD, the movie was played at least with DTS sound instead of nothing or DTS-HD.
06-07-2015, 03:49 AM
Have you tried POPA110's latest custom ROM, sure he would appreciate feedback from testing of it as it seems to be quite simply in terms of what it does and does not require for HD audio passthrough.

Also for those new have a look at post one as there's a video there to give hope as it works and has worked for a few releases on quite a few setups. Obviously we tend to hear from those that don't and feed that back to keep improvements so all can enjoy what they expect in terms of HD passthrough.

Remember the basics as well in that you must have HDMI to get HD audio of any type. Yes you should be able to passthrough and for none HDMI it should be DTS and AC3 that you get. DTS-HD and TrueHD and differing competitive formats. DTS-HD has better support as unlike TrueHD it has a core DTS track as part of the spec and rippers stuck to that. TrueHD unfortunately didn't have a core and so for BD's the spec was to have a fallback AC3 track. Rippers however when going to MKV sometimes drop that AC3 track leaving no audio unless you can decode via AVR TrueHD using only HDMI.
Get into Mediainfo and look at the information is shows. Also tsmuxergui is a great piece of software along with MKVToolnix for free lossless remuxing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HDMI Passthrough with SPMC working pippobimbo 10 9,937 11-22-2014 06:37 AM
Last Post: lundman