Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Controller Recomendations
10-13-2014, 01:07 AM
Controller Recomendations
Does anyone have any good controller recommendations for playing android games on this Chameleon. Most android games are designed around a touch-screen, how do you get around that?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: Controller Recomendations
(10-13-2014 01:07 AM)codemonkey76 Wrote:  Does anyone have any good controller recommendations for playing android games on this Chameleon. Most android games are designed around a touch-screen, how do you get around that?

I wouldn't consider the Chameleon a serious Android gaming device. As you say, games are designed for a touch screen. Any controller that allows for point-and-click functionality will be significantly inferior to just tapping a screen, especially in the time sensitive context of gaming.
Find all posts by this user
10-16-2014, 04:09 AM
Some games do benefit from a gamepad. If you have a old ps/3 gamepad, you could connect the USB cable to the Chameleon and use it.
10-16-2014, 06:01 PM
(10-15-2014 04:19 PM)nordin Wrote:  
(10-13-2014 01:07 AM)codemonkey76 Wrote:  Does anyone have any good controller recommendations for playing android games on this Chameleon. Most android games are designed around a touch-screen, how do you get around that?

I wouldn't consider the Chameleon a serious Android gaming device. As you say, games are designed for a touch screen. Any controller that allows for point-and-click functionality will be significantly inferior to just tapping a screen, especially in the time sensitive context of gaming.

Christ things must have moved on a lot. I thought that there were still popular games with gamepads, dont most platforms still use gamepads of some sort?

I can see having a decent gamepad as a good thing to have for playing games personally. Maybe I'm behind the times.
10-16-2014, 10:49 PM
(10-16-2014 06:01 PM)chris57 Wrote:  
(10-15-2014 04:19 PM)nordin Wrote:  

Christ things must have moved on a lot. I thought that there were still popular games with gamepads, dont most platforms still use gamepads of some sort?

I can see having a decent gamepad as a good thing to have for playing games personally. Maybe I'm behind the times.

Oh, absolutely, there are many games that can be played with a gamepad. However, his question was specifically about Android games, which are pretty much always designed to use a touchscreen for input. My point was just that any game designed for a touchscreen is unlikely to translate well to any other control mechanism.
10-18-2014, 02:35 AM
Actually more and more of the games are being updated to use controllers, Even games I never thought would now do. It is changing.

(10-16-2014 10:49 PM)nordin Wrote:  Oh, absolutely, there are many games that can be played with a gamepad. However, his question was specifically about Android games, which are pretty much always designed to use a touchscreen for input. My point was just that any game designed for a touchscreen is unlikely to translate well to any other control mechanism.

• C-300 60GB SSD > 65" Mitsu DLP
  • C-200 32GB USB Flash > 47" LG Google TV (also Plex)
  • 4 Sony GoogleTV Boxes (with Plex) (Replaced A-110)
  • 1 PowerMac G5 NFS Server
  • 1 MacPro NFS / Plex Server
  • 70 TB eSata Raid 10 / 10.5 TB FW800 Raid 1
10-18-2014, 06:07 AM
@Google I/O 2014 developer conference airmouse/gamepad was the prefered androidTV input device and keyboard was to be replaced by voice.
10-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I got this:
http://www.mogaanywhere.com/controllers/...ontroller/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2015, 08:18 PM
(10-19-2014 11:18 PM)codemonkey76 Wrote:  I got this:

Have you tried the Moga Pro with the OHC? I am curious to hear what your experience has been. I have an old Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 that I have been meaning to connect to the USB port and try out with some emulators.
02-01-2015, 03:26 AM
(01-31-2015 08:18 PM)goyuix Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 11:18 PM)codemonkey76 Wrote:  I got this:

Have you tried the Moga Pro with the OHC? I am curious to hear what your experience has been. I have an old Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 that I have been meaning to connect to the USB port and try out with some emulators.

I also used a Moga Pro Controller on the Open Hour Chameleon and it works good, you have to buy the USB Wifi/Bluetooth device for your Open Hour Chameleon.

And yes a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 works also good on the Open Hour Chameleon, i have also one of does :-)

But the best one to use is a Moga Controller, then you can play even more games, because a lot of Android games are Moga enhanced.

And as you can see there are hundreds of games that work with the Moga Controllers, and all the ones that are not in the list of games.

http://www.mogaanywhere.com/games/#/platform/android