Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

HDMI random disconnections with black screen
05-25-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: HDMI random disconnections with black screen
as I said you have another issue aggravating the one we all have........ check your HDMI.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2015, 07:23 PM
I have the same problem, but !!! only when I have LAN connected at the same time. When I disconnect LAN cable, all is fine. Also when I use WiFi.

Can you please check (persons who have the problem) that it is somehow connected with your LAN connection.
09-23-2015, 04:40 PM
(09-22-2015 07:23 PM)HDev Wrote:  I have the same problem, but !!! only when I have LAN connected at the same time. When I disconnect LAN cable, all is fine. Also when I use WiFi.

Can you please check (persons who have the problem) that it is somehow connected with your LAN connection.

I have also this problem like many people here and it is hardware related on all OHC. There will have no software fix for that problem. The only solution i found to reduce the problem (not to solve it) is to buy a good short (1 meter not more) hdmi cable with ferrite core at each extremity. If you want to remove the problem completely use the OHC with a resolution at 4K 30Hz not more ...
01-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Hello Guys,
I have also the same problem. But this problem occurs only when my OHC is plugs on my AVR yamaha.
If I plugs the OHC directly to my TV, the problem is gone. I know it's not the best way to connect the OHC, but maybe it can help to solve this problem...
01-06-2016, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 05:05 PM by neptune.)
(01-06-2016 10:57 AM)SeranareS Wrote:  Hello Guys,
I have also the same problem. But this problem occurs only when my OHC is plugs on my AVR yamaha.
If I plugs the OHC directly to my TV, the problem is gone. I know it's not the best way to connect the OHC, but maybe it can help to solve this problem...

I have found a solution for this problem on my Yamaha receiver RX V677.

You have to activate the HDMI Mode 1 in the advanced menu:

[Image: Advanced%20Setup%20RX-V673.png]

The firmware 1_50 finally provides 4K with 444 60hz. I have also tested the update with a few test patterns and can confirm the images are no longer being compressed to 420

To make this work the user must go to the ADVANCED menu and change the new options 4K Mode from the default Mode 2 (420) to Mode 1 (444).

I have also a Samsung TV HU8500 and i have to activate the deep color option for my HDMI connection and additionaly the most important thing is to rename the HDMI source to "PC".
[+] 1 user says Thank You to neptune for this post
02-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Hi all It took a while but I've found a solution to my problem, will post it here in case it might be useful to others

First of all I tried contacting OpenHour support
they were quite fast in replying and asked me to do some tests and concluded that it was some problem with the chipset framework that caused incompatibility with my LG TV
As I found out during tests with support another Samsung TV and and HP monitor worked perfectly with Chameleon without any trace of black screen
At the end of the day they suggested to wait for a new firmware version that would implement a new video framework for the chipset

I have waited patiently for the new release so as soon as the beta version come out I've installed it and also updated it to the new 1 0 40 beta version
Actually with the new firmware the problem was reduced, just happened very seldom on the native interface, but when using other applications like Kodi (the specially compiled version linked in the beta firmware post) the problem was still there and overall the system was unusable.

Having noticed that it was a compatibility issue with the LG TV, I've started looking for a way not to connect Chameleon directly to the TV set and finally hit the web site of HDFury.
They produce some devices of various cost and functionalities that allow to connect HDMI output to various kind of monitors and TV not supporting HDMI or not supporting a specific HDMI version.
They also produce an HDMI splitter that allows to connect two monitors to the same HDMI source.
All those products end the HDMI connection from the source and open a new one to the TV-Monitor, as such decoupling the Source from the monitor.

I have decided to go with the Splitter PRO (which incidentally can connect a 4K source to a HD monitor and manages downsampling of the source signal) and can be found discounted around 75-80€ online and so far it seems to have completely solved any problem I had with the Chameleon.
Everything works smoothly and so far I have not had any more x seconds black screen neither on the standard interface nor in Kodi.
It has fixed problem both for the new Beta Firmware and for the latest officially released non beta one.

One warning, the splitter only supports HDMI 1.4 (b if i remember well), being HDMI 2.0 on Chameleon backward compatible wiith HDMI 1.4 and having my TV only HDMI 1.4 ports, that is not an issue for me) - they also have a new product supporting HDMI 2.0 but it is quite more powerful and functionally rich and as such much more expensive.

If anyone happens to have "HDMI compatibility issues" like mine I suppose it is worth trying to fix it by using this device or a similar one or trying to decouple the Chameleon from the "incompatible" tv set.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to ratavaz for this post
05-15-2016, 05:05 PM
I had the same problem here: black screen with ramdom reboot of the openhour. I have a LED-SONY, and try to rename the HDMI source to "PC". Conclusion: so far, so good! The problem is over until today.
05-16-2016, 07:08 PM
(05-15-2016 05:05 PM)marcoaulas2 Wrote:  I had the same problem here: black screen with ramdom reboot of the openhour. I have a LED-SONY, and try to rename the HDMI source to "PC". Conclusion: so far, so good! The problem is over until today.

The problem has returned. I don't know what to do now...
05-16-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm going to buy a 'edid feeder', a similar product with hdfury, and cheaper.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TV screen blinking on use of OHC remote control bauletz 3 481 02-20-2017 10:31 AM
Last Post: Willem55
  Howto set audio for passthrough over HDMI to AVR Willem55 37 20,637 03-04-2016 07:51 AM
Last Post: andrestay
  Loud Random Static Sound Kyocero 1 1,115 01-30-2015 09:01 PM
Last Post: chris57