Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

[split] HD audio fixes/sources not supplied to SPMC development!
04-28-2015, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 08:44 PM by Willem55.)
RE: [split] HD audio fixes/sources not supplied to SPMC development!
(04-28-2015 04:03 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  No... that was Rockchip.
Looks to me like everyone is ignoring reasonable timelines.
We are talking about the code that allows the native player to do HD and SPMC would like to do the same.
The native player claims the HD audio capability just two weeks ago.... now I don't know what a reasonable timeframe is to comply to open source but two week appears a bit short in legal terms..

Ignoring reasonable timelines? thats a good one
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 05:32 PM by juju67.)
I agree with shumaku, it's a waste of time... For consumers.......
[+] 1 user says Thank You to juju67 for this post
04-28-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 08:17 PM by djstx2003.)
Cloudmedia should PUSH really hard Rockchip company to give the sources to Koying!!!
We need a complete working media player. why Cloudmedia advertises Chameleon
as XBMC ready and now we need from SPMC to work to give us HD Audio?
Cloumedia please give the help that Koying wants to make SPMC ready for HD Audio.
Rockchip will have to realize that Cloumedia uses their hardware.
lets hope Cloudmedia do the best to help Koying!!!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to djstx2003 for this post
04-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Rubbish... xbmc ready it is from day one...

xbmc runs on many platforms and doesn't do HD audio in all those platforms...
Doing HD audio is not a mandatory attribute to a xbmc ready box.

But I agree CM should really push Rockchip to be opensource compliant with documented drivers for their internal player so that koying can use it for spmc.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
04-28-2015, 08:44 PM
(04-28-2015 04:33 PM)btezB Wrote:  
(04-28-2015 04:03 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  No... that was Rockchip.
Looks to me like everyone is ignoring reasonable timelines.
We are talking about the code that allows the native player to do HD and SPMC would like to do the same.
The native player claims the HD audio capability just two weeks ago.... now I don't know what a reasonable timeframe is to comply to open source but two week appears a bit short in legal terms..

Ignoring reasonable timelines? thats a good one

Don't take my words out of context... Angry

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
04-29-2015, 09:13 AM
The OHC have at least 6 months old, at this time problems should already be addressed and new features should be in place...

Its a open system where basically I only use with android, don't see any news on linux or Chrome...

Cloudmedia continues to do the same or even worse then in Popcorn "era".

I only see one way road to this...
04-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Don't make OpenHour worse than it is.

All android boxes have exactly the same issues because there are 4-5 SoC manufacturers basically cornering the market.
All of those are from Chinese companies which are horribly frightened someone could do to them what they do to others: copy Wink

Rockchip is not great re openness, but at least they are clear.
Allwinner played game with one of our dev at one point, making unfulfilled promises. That's why you'll never see a bit of specific support for Allwinner in official Kodi builds...

As someone once said: If you're desperately wanting state-of-art HD audio support, buying a low-cost android box to drive your $1000+ AVR/speaker-set is a strange move Wink
[+] 3 users say Thank You to koying for this post
04-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Koying,

How did you enable DD/DTS pass-thru in SPMC before? You can't enable HD audio pass-thru the way you did before?

(04-29-2015 10:14 AM)koying Wrote:  Don't make OpenHour worse than it is.

All android boxes have exactly the same issues because there are 4-5 SoC manufacturers basically cornering the market.
All of those are from Chinese companies which are horribly frightened someone could do to them what they do to others: copy Wink

Rockchip is not great re openness, but at least they are clear.
Allwinner played game with one of our dev at one point, making unfulfilled promises. That's why you'll never see a bit of specific support for Allwinner in official Kodi builds...

As someone once said: If you're desperately wanting state-of-art HD audio support, buying a low-cost android box to drive your $1000+ AVR/speaker-set is a strange move Wink
04-29-2015, 11:41 AM
(04-29-2015 10:14 AM)koying Wrote:  As someone once said: If you're desperately wanting state-of-art HD audio support, buying a low-cost android box to drive your $1000+ AVR/speaker-set is a strange move Wink

Thank you very much for stating thisTongue

Still, what response did you actually get from either Rockchip or OpenHour?

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
04-29-2015, 12:37 PM
(04-29-2015 11:41 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  
(04-29-2015 10:14 AM)koying Wrote:  As someone once said: If you're desperately wanting state-of-art HD audio support, buying a low-cost android box to drive your $1000+ AVR/speaker-set is a strange move Wink

Thank you very much for stating thisTongue

Still, what response did you actually get from either Rockchip or OpenHour?

Been on this forum 8 months now,purchased the chameleon as a direct to tv box,HD demands have hijacked the purpose, and in my opinion the development of something it was never intended to be
04-29-2015, 01:35 PM
A hell of a lot of us never use anything other than stereo downmix. Then there's those without HDMI receivers so HD audio is a non-starter for them. I cannot believe I'm saying this but I do have to agree that it takes a lot of attention.

For me gapless/disco effect/looping audio & stutter free playback using frameratesync are my number one's. Still cannot use the OHC for my daily player as the audio issues make it so frustrating to watch anything.

It's annoying but like Koying says at least there's no messing around or misleading like allwinner. It's an Android chip manufacturers closed market. We'll just have to get SPMC working using the native player for those requiring HD audio when playing certain file types.
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
(04-29-2015 01:35 PM)chris57 Wrote:  A hell of a lot of us never use anything other than stereo downmix. Then there's those without HDMI receivers so HD audio is a non-starter for them. I cannot believe I'm saying this but I do have to agree that it takes a lot of attention.

For me gapless/disco effect/looping audio & stutter free playback using frameratesync are my number one's. Still cannot use the OHC for my daily player as the audio issues make it so frustrating to watch anything.

It's annoying but like Koying says at least there's no messing around or misleading like allwinner. It's an Android chip manufacturers closed market. We'll just have to get SPMC working using the native player for those requiring HD audio when playing certain file types.
Fully endorse the above statement.
04-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Then show me a working box with the following features:
-UHD 60Hz
-HD Audio support
-h.265 playback up to 60fps
-mkv, flac, iso,... support
-3D
-Gigabit NIC
-<300W power consuption
-Not a big ass ATX size box
-Not loud as hell, no water cooling

...and no, an HTPC cant do that. Try running a h.265 video with software decoding. It needs a shit ton of power to do that. A small HTPC cant do that. As long as there is no h.265 hardware decoding for the Windows version of Kodi this is not gonig to happen.

I would pay 1500€ for a box that could do that.

But hey the OHC is exactly what I need... ...if it would work correcty. It was advertised with all the things listed above.

And yes im running the OHC with a 1000€ AVR, 1600€ TV and a 5000€ speaker-set. I dont have a problem with that. Since the OHC does only passthrough there is no loss in quality. And why should I pay more for a component that doesnt need to be very expensive? A 500€ speaker-set sound like pure crap compared to a 5000€ speaker-set but HD audio passthrough from a 150€ Android box sounds exactly as HD audio passthrough from a 10000€ HTPC in a golden case.
04-29-2015, 06:39 PM
If you skip the stuff that is still waiting for a standard in BD content and RIP routine like UHD 60Hz and h.265 playback up to 60fps there is enough out there with superior audio and picture quality.
OHC is just fun if you need android with Kodi.... android will limit your options compared to any other dedicated hardware mediaplayer.
Cloudmedia A410 would be my prefered choice or their VTEN if you care to dabble with UHD and H.265.

04-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Yeah I know. But then I wouldnt need to buy a media player at all. My TV plays everything except HD audio, files over 30 fps and iso. Thats the only reason I bought the OHC. It has HDMI 2.0 which is a huge advantage over all the other mediaplayers. For Windows and HDMI 2.0 I would need at least a GTX 960 which is not the "typical" HTPC setup.

OHC with SPMC working would be great. Low cost, great performance, small box, good remote, low power...

But it looks like Rockchip doesnt want that to happen which is really sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SPMC Kodi Isengard 15.0 Final ellega 11 10,012 02-26-2016 04:45 PM
Last Post: chris57
  SPMC or Kodi? Movietajm.se 12 7,722 01-14-2016 03:28 AM
Last Post: noise36
  SPMC - QNAP SMB Lilleleo 3 2,196 01-11-2016 08:36 AM
Last Post: tosh123
  How to connect SPMC with Windows 10 alturki 2 5,340 11-18-2015 06:47 AM
Last Post: alturki
  spmc and hevc marcoaulas2 11 4,650 09-15-2015 04:03 PM
Last Post: chris57
Sad SPMC Settings Please Blackhalo 5 4,490 07-14-2015 09:53 AM
Last Post: trox
  SPMC post processing zark 3 3,330 07-02-2015 12:08 PM
Last Post: Willem55
  SPMC Kodi Isengard 15.0 beta POPA110 8 9,270 07-01-2015 07:58 AM
Last Post: zark
  SPMC + Add-ons tutorial AmigaWolf 6 25,756 06-07-2015 11:22 PM
Last Post: BulletTime
Question Help in Movies and TV Shows library in SPMC alturki 5 3,013 06-03-2015 09:02 PM
Last Post: alturki