Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

[split] HD audio fixes/sources not supplied to SPMC development!
04-27-2015, 09:10 AM
[split] HD audio fixes/sources not supplied to SPMC development!
(04-26-2015 11:24 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Whilst waiting for spmc audio fix you can get multichannel dd or ac3 using passthrough with spmc. make sure you have set multichannel and passthrough in spmc settings.

You might have to wait a long time for HD audio and 3D BD ISO in SPMC if Rockchip persists in not willing to provide me the means to implement them, i.e. the sources of their "proprietary" player Wink
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 09:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 09:33 AM by tosh123.)
RE: HD audio firmware is out!!!! OHC finally usable!
(04-27-2015 09:10 AM)koying Wrote:  You might have to wait a long time for HD audio and 3D BD ISO in SPMC if Rockchip persists in not willing to provide me the means to implement them, i.e. the sources of their "proprietary" player Wink

You are joking only? This couldn't be true!
04-27-2015, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 09:48 AM by chris57.)
RE: HD audio firmware is out!!!! OHC finally usable!
I doubt it, it's always been a battle between the chip manufacturers trying to keep hold of their own code and releasing it so that the community can usually fix it and get it working better.

This is SPMC related and deserves discussion in that section on the matter. Also what happened prior to the RK3288 release, we were led to believe that there was some upfront discussions on getting sources and working with RK to make SPMC (Kodi) work well.

Wonder if the ongoing battle between Dolby and the rest of the world has got RK scared of releasing it. We've seen a removal of downmix of TrueHD and a block on products going into the USA recently due to Dolby.

Anyway I've split off the sources discussions so we can all express our concerns.
04-27-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 10:58 AM by POPA110.)
RE: [split] HD audio fixes/sources not supplied to SPMC development!
Ok but until RockChip give provide code we can use the external player with SPMC to read iso and file BR 2/3D + Audio HD Passthrough with Hdd USB but not with LAN network from NAS/PC.
I know that this is possible, but my knowledge is limited about it
It's really frustrating to be stuck at this level : Huh:
04-27-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't ask them to make it open-source (although they probably should, considering it's ffmpeg based), I just ask them to provide them to me under NDA.
openhouradmin asked for it, but RK refused.

As chris57 outlines, it's very dumb on their side, or there is something else going on that I don't understand.
Do they want to keep the exclusivity to vidon.me and their paying subscription?

Meanwhile, rpi2 is MVC (not yet BD ISO, but near) and HD audio (PCM) enabled and I'm trying to figure out MVC on amlogic where I actually have sources.

Their childish secrecy game (on how to use their own chips!!) will just kill their business..
[+] 4 users say Thank You to koying for this post
04-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Koying thanks for info! I think is time to sell OHC and buy something better where run some windows and no problem with stupid rock chip .. no hd audio and no smooth video playback ... after 1/2 year Angry
[+] 2 users say Thank You to locki for this post
04-27-2015, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 09:03 PM by chris57.)
(04-27-2015 10:19 AM)POPA110 Wrote:  Ok but until RockChip give provide code we can use the external player with SPMC to read iso and file BR 2/3D + Audio HD Passthrough with Hdd USB but not with LAN network from NAS/PC.
I know that this is possible, but my knowledge is limited about it
It's really frustrating to be stuck at this level : Huh:

Yep I've read that it's possible to set players dependant on the file type/container in Kodi. Some are using MX Player and indeed the WIKI has some details on using /xml files:-
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/XBMC_/_Kodi
Code:
External Player

This configuration file allow the user to play video on external player.

Please refer to SPMC/Kodi userdata for instructions to apply the "playercorefactory.xml" to userdata folder.

Here are some very plain "playercorefactory.xml" sample files:
- RockVideoPlayer playercorefactory.xml (RockChip VideoPlayer, this only work for firmware since 20141020)
- MXPlayerFree playercorefactory.xml
- MXPlayerPro playercorefactory.xml

The .xml file for say the RK player would need additional optional details re what containers to use it for:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android

Here we are :-
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="RockVideoPlayer"/>
</rules>

And indeed rules within rules are possible:-
http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

I know you love these type of things PopA110. I've no high tech player and AVR to test and im taking the thread OT Angel
04-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Rofl that sucks. I guess I need to sell my OHC.

I dont care if I need to use the native player or SPMC to play movies with hd sound. But I want a working player. The native player is pure crap, at least it plays hd audio.

So here is the current situation:
- Cloud Media is not skilled enough to make a working player
- SPMC cant be developed because Rockchip decides to be an asshole
- Rockchip tries to sell chips that have no use because theres no software for them
- OHC owners are screwed

Are you kidding me? Angry Is that some kind of a really bad joke? Sorry but this is just what I see atm. Everybody does the worst job possible and you think that is how customers will throw all their money at you? ROFL

Maybe there is a software source leak somewhere. That might be the best for everyone including Rockchip...Rolleyes
[+] 3 users say Thank You to TBF for this post
04-28-2015, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 09:04 AM by chris57.)
No here is the current situation:-
1. Rockchip wont let the developers of SPMC have the code for HD audio.
2. So we'll have to use the inbuilt Native Player to playback through SPMC.

Should Rockchip let the developer has access as it'll sell Rockchip a lot more chips as to be honest most buy for SPMC use, hell yes. But it's not the drama you are making it, its just disappointing to see yet again chip manufacturers acting without the community that feeds it in the long run.
04-28-2015, 10:24 AM
(04-27-2015 09:23 PM)TBF Wrote:  Rofl that sucks. I guess I need to sell my OHC.

I dont care if I need to use the native player or SPMC to play movies with hd sound. But I want a working player. The native player is pure crap, at least it plays hd audio.

So here is the current situation:
- Cloud Media is not skilled enough to make a working player
- SPMC cant be developed because Rockchip decides to be an asshole
- Rockchip tries to sell chips that have no use because theres no software for them
- OHC owners are screwed

Are you kidding me? Angry Is that some kind of a really bad joke? Sorry but this is just what I see atm. Everybody does the worst job possible and you think that is how customers will throw all their money at you? ROFL

Maybe there is a software source leak somewhere. That might be the best for everyone including Rockchip...Rolleyes
Have to agree the native (Rockchip) player is a load of crap,no control/settings etc.
04-28-2015, 12:48 PM
[Image: f6c.jpg]
04-28-2015, 01:12 PM
I also agree! Soon giving up on this! I bought this to use it with SPMC/Kodi and nothing else! I would't not have bought it otherwise! The native player suck and is unusable at least for my usage. We should spared this and boycott Rockchip! This is not something you expected from this product and the companies behind it!
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Whistler for this post
04-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Did I miss something?
Is it official that Rockchip is not providing the code regarding HD audio support in Kodi?
does someone have a statement?
Or are we just waiting for some corporate head at Rockchip to give the go ahead?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
(04-28-2015 02:20 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  Did I miss something?
Angel
(04-28-2015 02:20 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  Is it official that Rockchip is not providing the code regarding HD audio support in Kodi?
does someone have a statement?
That's what it reads like...

(04-28-2015 02:20 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  Or are we just waiting for some corporate head at Rockchip to give the go ahead?

Well, up to this minute, we still don't have a complete Open Source repository on this Android platform, neither from Cloud Media, nor from Rock Chip.

Yes, we're just about to sue a major chip maker for the very similar reasons - they provided a system vendor with an XBMC build accessing hardware acceleration of their chipset - they claim the XBMC repositories include everything to build the same binary. Fact is: It is not possible to build the _same_ binary from the repository.

Time to send out the lawyers. I'll file a case with the FSF - sorry Cloud Media. The Chameleon is your product - YOU are 100% responsible.

What is going on her is a waste of time.

Oh, wasn't it Cloud Media claimed Android 5 availability in the Chameleon in Q1/2015, too? Liars.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to schumaku for this post
04-28-2015, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 04:12 PM by Willem55.)
No... that was Rockchip.
Looks to me like everyone is ignoring reasonable timelines.
We are talking about the code that allows the native player to do HD and SPMC would like to do the same.
The native player claims the HD audio capability just two weeks ago.... now I don't know what a reasonable timeframe is to comply to open source but two week appears a bit short in legal terms..

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SPMC Kodi Isengard 15.0 Final ellega 11 9,974 02-26-2016 04:45 PM
Last Post: chris57
  SPMC or Kodi? Movietajm.se 12 7,692 01-14-2016 03:28 AM
Last Post: noise36
  SPMC - QNAP SMB Lilleleo 3 2,186 01-11-2016 08:36 AM
Last Post: tosh123
  How to connect SPMC with Windows 10 alturki 2 5,315 11-18-2015 06:47 AM
Last Post: alturki
  spmc and hevc marcoaulas2 11 4,625 09-15-2015 04:03 PM
Last Post: chris57
Sad SPMC Settings Please Blackhalo 5 4,468 07-14-2015 09:53 AM
Last Post: trox
  SPMC post processing zark 3 3,319 07-02-2015 12:08 PM
Last Post: Willem55
  SPMC Kodi Isengard 15.0 beta POPA110 8 9,235 07-01-2015 07:58 AM
Last Post: zark
  SPMC + Add-ons tutorial AmigaWolf 6 25,620 06-07-2015 11:22 PM
Last Post: BulletTime
Question Help in Movies and TV Shows library in SPMC alturki 5 3,003 06-03-2015 09:02 PM
Last Post: alturki