Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Clicking noise every 15 to 30 seconds
04-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Clicking noise every 15 to 30 seconds
Hi Guys
I could not find any info on this and if there is I apologize. In SPMC just sitting in any menu I get a clicking noise. I see on the front of my receiver (Yamaha) that the Audio settings disappear and then come back. Its like its refreshing the settings over the HDMI cable. It even does this on movies which on occasion knocks out the audio out.
When I play the movie through the basic player on the OHC it works fine.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Clicking noise every 15 to 30 seconds
First guess HDMI audio signal handshake making the AVR switch to standard PCM.. and back to whatever the movie has.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
04-25-2015, 06:38 PM
I find that updating of addons or apps being installed in the background cause an audio dropout in SPMC. Make sure nothing else is going on.
04-25-2015, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2015 11:49 PM by dave.t.)
Thanks for the reply.
I played music for an hour and it still did it (Could not handle the on/off any longer). I down loaded a music player outside of spmc and it worked fine from my NAS.
I even tried the HDMI straight to the TV and you don't hear the clicking noise but you do see a slight pause if you are playing a video. Its strange it wants to handshake so often. Any settings I could change. Chris I have noticed the updates going on that's why I let the music go for so long. I do have the liveTV option on as I run NPVR from a PC and that PC is not always on.
Thanks again
Dave
04-26-2015, 11:09 PM
I use downmix so it's always a little hard to know if you get the same settings for audio if using passthrough. If you do in Settings > Playback audio there are a few audio settings for sync, have a play with those to see if the frequency changes.

I have said before that the noise issues using passthrough although different in sympton are linked with the audio issues we see using downmix. Like willem suggests its hdmi most likely and we hear that rockchip are working on the hdmi blob and have fixed some issues nut not all last post from phc that i read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weird noise with SPMC and Kodi Beta1 elad.bar 3 3,976 12-05-2014 07:11 PM
Last Post: AmigaWolf