Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

No picture
04-19-2015, 07:03 PM
No picture
Hello, just bought the Chameleon, but when I plug it in I get no picture on my TV. Sad I can se that I´m getting an HDMI-signal on my reciever and the powe-led on the Chameleon is on, but my TV shows nothing.
The SD-card is in the SD-slot and I've tried multiple firmwares. I've tried several HDMI-cables to with no results and now I dont know what to do.

Please, help me.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: No picture
Looks like it's not reading the SD card.
right side up?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
04-19-2015, 07:40 PM
(04-19-2015 07:21 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  Looks like it's not reading the SD card.
right side up?
Yes. I've tried two SD-cards and from both sides, but with no luck.
04-20-2015, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 01:48 AM by chris57.)
Start with the basics. It seems you've done a lot of the hardware/cable swopouts so that a help.

First thing try direct to TV connection, stick with it whilst we try to diagnose so no AVR in the link as it could be CEC related.
Exactly what image and how are you loading your SD card?
Which slot are you using for the sd card, side one is the one. I know the rear is microSd but we've had confusion before from owners.
What LED's are you seeing on the unit?
Cannot remember if there's an alternate to hdmi for video out but if there is try it.
Have you tried another power cable or PSU if available? Is there a led on the power brick, cannot remember if there is or not but in case there is and yours is not lit then it may simply be a power brick issue.
Using a Harmony remote?
04-21-2015, 06:26 PM
(04-20-2015 01:44 AM)chris57 Wrote:  Start with the basics. It seems you've done a lot of the hardware/cable swopouts so that a help.

First thing try direct to TV connection, stick with it whilst we try to diagnose so no AVR in the link as it could be CEC related.
Exactly what image and how are you loading your SD card?
Which slot are you using for the sd card, side one is the one. I know the rear is microSd but we've had confusion before from owners.
What LED's are you seeing on the unit?
Cannot remember if there's an alternate to hdmi for video out but if there is try it.
Have you tried another power cable or PSU if available? Is there a led on the power brick, cannot remember if there is or not but in case there is and yours is not lit then it may simply be a power brick issue.
Using a Harmony remote?
Sorry for a late answer. Been away a few days for work. Now when I got home I've tried the Chameleon again with the HDMI-cable directly into my TV and and suddenly I got a picture! But everything in the picture got a red tone over it. The GUI and everything is red and yellow and it looks very strange. When I try to start a 1080p MKV-file from my external harddrive or my USB-stick the HDMI-signal is lost and suddenly I got no signal to the Chameleon again. Same result with three different HDMI-cables. What the f...

I've tried the latest firmware and I flashed/burned my SD-card by carefully follow the guide on the Open Hour-wiki page. And yes, I´m using the SD-slot on the side of the Chameleon, not the back one. Smile
I´ve tried two power bricks and I´m not using a Harmony remote.

I´m going crazy here. Wink
04-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Are you connecting direct to a TV with its own HDMI socket? You aren't trying to connect to say a monitor with a DVi>HDMI adapter or anything like that?

It could be a faulty HDMI socket or even a setting that somehow has changed from the default into one not supported by your display.

If you can get a picture back run through the android settings to ensure that they match the display ability of your set.

I would register here and create a ticket at the same time:-
https://support.cloudmedia.com/MyAccount...ofile.aspx
04-22-2015, 07:07 AM
Just wondering whether it is related to ColorSpace green/purple problem.

http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread....13#pid5913
04-23-2015, 09:35 PM
(04-22-2015 02:16 AM)chris57 Wrote:  Are you connecting direct to a TV with its own HDMI socket? You aren't trying to connect to say a monitor with a DVi>HDMI adapter or anything like that?
Nope.

(04-22-2015 02:16 AM)chris57 Wrote:  It could be a faulty HDMI socket or even a setting that somehow has changed from the default into one not supported by your display.
Maybe, but I have checked all settings a hunded times with no luck. I will test the OHC with another TV in the weekend and see if the problem is still there. If it is, It must be a harware-issue.

(04-22-2015 07:07 AM)openhouradmin Wrote:  Just wondering whether it is related to ColorSpace green/purple problem.
Yeah, the green/purple-problem remind me very much of the problems I have.
04-23-2015, 10:54 PM
If it is the green/purple then there's a workaround whilst it is incorporated into the firmware:-
http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread....13#pid5913
04-25-2015, 10:38 PM
(04-23-2015 10:54 PM)chris57 Wrote:  If it is the green/purple then there's a workaround whilst it is incorporated into the firmware:-
Yep, this workaround solved my problem. Smile I can even have the OHC connected to my HDMI-reciever and get a correct picture.

Hope to se a new firmware soon!
04-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Please try the http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread.php?tid=829 beta firmware with the Color Space settings for green/purple-ish display problem. Thanks.