Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Custom Rom with SPMC external Player + Audio HD for test
06-20-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Custom Rom with SPMC external Player + Audio HD for test
I managed to remap spmc userdata to the extrernal_sd using this guide from Kodi website (HOW-TO:Change data location for Android) but now xbmc wrapper does not open a movie from spmc when I select it. Is there a way to get this to work properly if the rom can't be made for a larger SD card?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2015, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2015 04:29 AM by grimmace92.)
(06-20-2015 03:03 PM)grimmace92 Wrote:  I managed to remap spmc userdata to the extrernal_sd using this guide from Kodi website (HOW-TO:Change data location for Android) but now xbmc wrapper does not open a movie from spmc when I select it. Is there a way to get this to work properly if the rom can't be made for a larger SD card?

After hours of trial and error I finally got this to work using the external sd card. For those of you that have a large database where the 4gb of internal nand is not enough its possible to point the spmc userdata folder to your external sd card using this from the Kodi wiki (google it):

HOW-TO:Change data location for Android

Once you create that file and place it in your internal SD card you must go to your external SD card and create the kodi_data folder. Next you need to delete the xbmc wrapper and reinstall purchasing it because of license error. Next you need to copy the userdata folder from spmc from the internal sd card and overwrite the userdata folder under the kodi_data on the external card. Make sure you reconfigure xbmc wrapper to use the rockchip player. Setup a source with a few movies to test. I think thats it. What a pain in the ass but it works.
06-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Has it helped with the audio stutter or gaps? I was reading about this helping with cache and stuttering problems. Think it may be rk3288 issue though just hoping it may help somewhat.
06-22-2015, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2015 03:22 AM by grimmace92.)
actually dont copy entire userdata folder from internal to external sd card as it proved problematic. All you need is the playerfactorycore file for the wrapper to work.

Haven't tested a whole lot but this definitely works.

Ugh. You can't write apps from kodi to the external sd so you temporarily have to remove the link to the external sd to add anything...
06-22-2015, 04:07 PM
I think this is the thread I recollected:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...streaming=
06-25-2015, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 04:23 AM by grimmace92.)
OK. I really got it to work this time Smile Here are the steps to use a larger internal SD card and use SPMC so that DTS HD and True HD work with a NAS:

1) Download the custom Rom in this thread onto your sd card
2) Copy all the xml files in the userdata folder to a usb drive
3) Reformat SD card and install official open hour firmware and restart chameleon
4) Install XBMC Wrapper from play store. Change all player settings to rockchip player explained earlier in this thread. If using samba put in username and password
5) Download SPMC apk from actual website using browser NOT from the play store
6) Setup a source with a movie in it to scan and create your library
7) Install es explorer from play store. Scroll down and activate expose hidden folders
8) Navigate to userdata folder of spmc. From here I have a kodi install on another machine so I put the entire userdata folder on a usb and overwrote the userdata folder on chameleon
9) Copy playerfactorycore xml file to userdata folder. I think this is the only one you need but you have other xml files in download folder should you need others.
10) Close down SPMC if it was still open and restart it. Test your movie in your library. It should grab the wrapper and use the rockchip player for the movie.

DTS HD and True HD work and you have full kodi usage at your disposal. 3D does not work. The player hangs. For those you need to watch outside of SPMC.

Hopefully this helps others...Big Grin

There are some issues. You can't fast forward or rewind an mkv. 3D ISO plays but only in 2D and no DTS HD or True HD. However you can rewind or fast forward and ISO.
07-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Tested this custom rom and still HD audios doesnt work on my harman kardon AVR 270. And problem is not in reciever because i can play dts hd ma and truehd on bluerays with my PS3. So how long it will take before i can finly watch all my movies in hd audio on my hdd.... I am really getting frustrated by now, 4 months has passed and still cant use what i bought and what was writen on box ..
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pista for this post
07-31-2015, 08:51 PM
4 months for you. 1 year for others.

Get in the queue to find that your standing in line for a shop that has no stock.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
08-19-2015, 03:12 PM
(06-25-2015 04:02 AM)grimmace92 Wrote:  OK. I really got it to work this time Smile Here are the steps to use a larger internal SD card and use SPMC so that DTS HD and True HD work with a NAS:

3) Reformat SD card and install official open hour firmware and restart chameleon
4) Install XBMC Wrapper from play store. Change all player settings to rockchip player explained earlier in this thread. If using samba put in username and password
7) Install es explorer from play store. Scroll down and activate expose hidden folders
8) Navigate to userdata folder of spmc. From here I have a kodi install on another machine so I put the entire userdata folder on a usb and overwrote the userdata folder on chameleon
9) Copy playerfactorycore xml file to userdata folder. I think this is the only one you need but you have other xml files in download folder should you need others.
10) Close down SPMC if it was still open and restart it. Test your movie in your library. It should grab the wrapper and use the rockchip player for the movie.

DTS HD and True HD work and you have full kodi usage at your disposal. 3D does not work. The player hangs. For those you need to watch outside of SPMC.

There are some issues. You can't fast forward or rewind an mkv. 3D ISO plays but only in 2D and no DTS HD or True HD. However you can rewind or fast forward and ISO.

I there a way to read the files of the SD card in a windows PC ? I would like to try your steps, but how do I copy the XML files without having to boot OHC ?

Thank you !
08-19-2015, 04:44 PM
(08-19-2015 03:12 PM)afss Wrote:  
(06-25-2015 04:02 AM)grimmace92 Wrote:  OK. I really got it to work this time Smile Here are the steps to use a larger internal SD card and use SPMC so that DTS HD and True HD work with a NAS:

I there a way to read the files of the SD card in a windows PC ? I would like to try your steps, but how do I copy the XML files without having to boot OHC ?

Thank you !

Copy the files to a USB thumb drive from your pc then power up OHC and plug in same USB and copy files from usb to OHC internal sd. Not sure of any other way to do it.
08-19-2015, 06:04 PM
(08-19-2015 04:44 PM)grimmace92 Wrote:  

Thank you !

Copy the files to a USB thumb drive from your pc then power up OHC and plug in same USB and copy files from usb to OHC internal sd. Not sure of any other way to do it.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

What I cannot seem to be able to do is to open the SD card to see the file in windows (in order to copy to the USB drive in the first place). After installing the imange, it gives an error as unrecognizable. Probably my Windows cannot read the Android file structure.
08-19-2015, 09:21 PM
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Bu...d_and_back

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
08-20-2015, 05:14 AM
(08-19-2015 06:04 PM)afss Wrote:  

Thank you !

What I cannot seem to be able to do is to open the SD card to see the file in windows (in order to copy to the USB drive in the first place). After installing the imange, it gives an error as unrecognizable. Probably my Windows cannot read the Android file structure.

Right. Windows can't read an android SD card. You have to put the SD card back into the OHC boot it up and plug a usb thumb drive into the OHC. Then copy the files from OHC to the USB
[+] 1 user says Thank You to grimmace92 for this post
08-20-2015, 10:54 AM
(08-20-2015 05:14 AM)grimmace92 Wrote:  
(08-19-2015 06:04 PM)afss Wrote:  

Thank you !

Right. Windows can't read an android SD card. You have to put the SD card back into the OHC boot it up and plug a usb thumb drive into the OHC. Then copy the files from OHC to the USB

It's clear now, thank you !
08-21-2015, 12:18 AM
If you want to get your OHC up and running on your Windows LAN then you'll need to be rooted and to run this:
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/61968b1b
It's the Pro version which you need to add more than one shared folder, which if you use both rear and side you'll need or if you use a usb hub etc. Test and buy it if you like it its worth the money and I tested a few as I want my OHC in my Windows LAN.
Any questions on it or SMB in here:
http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread.php?tid=496

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

Possibly Related Threads...