Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Plex
09-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Plex
Just wondering with the open OS and the support of XBMC is one to assume that plex support will also be coming?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 05:17 AM
RE: Plex
Hi smakovits,

We have not tested PLEX but we will be testing it soon. Stay tune for answer.
09-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Plex will work on any Android device but the Android app, unlike XBMC is a cut down version of the main windows application. It doesn't support frame rate sync.

The best solution could be PleXBMC running on XBMC. Then you get the best of both worlds.
09-04-2014, 02:17 AM
I guess what the hope there is then that they add support for linux/ubuntu as their graphic show "may" happen as if you get those on there you can run full plex there I assume.

Otherwise I hope they bring full support in kodi for the central server with xbmc. While it is sort of there now, getting it installed is just a mess and probably too complicated for most. This is the one feature that draws me to plex as I watch things on 3 tvs and often struggle to remember what episode I am on.
09-08-2014, 02:37 PM
@Admin,

Plex would be amazing; Best PCH App ever!

BR
Peter
09-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Plex for Android will work but it doesn't work well due to the tablet interface.

The ideal Android based client at the moment is the FireTV version however that is tied specifically to the FireTV. Plex will be doing a version for the upcoming AndroidTV OS so if that ever becomes available for the Openhour that would be the ideal Android client.

On the linux side for Arm devices there is only RasPlex a Raspberry Pi Plex client, the developer isn't doing much work on it these days from what I understand but that would be a good candidate to port. The other candidate is the Openelec Plex fork but the developer of that is only working on the x86 version of OE, not the Arm branch of OE.

Of course nothing stopping them from doing their own client.
10-06-2014, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 09:26 PM by gfb107.)
Is there a DavidBox-like HTTP-based API that would allow something like PlexNMTHelper to work?
10-10-2014, 12:51 PM
We just tested Plex Android is working fine with Open Hour Chameleon.

(09-08-2014 02:37 PM)Peter Wrote:  @Admin,

Plex would be amazing; Best PCH App ever!

BR
Peter
10-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I think you'll have to put a few more nuts'n'bolts to the statement that Plex is running 'fine'.

Plex runs fine on the NMT however it doesn't have many features that those that have signed up for premium Plex services can access.

Have a look at the NMT Plex thread for what Plex premium users want and whether ro not those are supported.
10-12-2014, 01:05 AM
As long as XBMC works...

I really don't understand why everybody loves Plex. I tried to use it and it's buggy as hell, it doesn't work most of the time (Surface RT, Playstation 3 and other DLNA devices), the image is quality is poor, and the list goes on and on.

Regards.
10-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Do wonder what you mean. I use Plex almost all the time, on my A410, and also on an Android box (there is a TV screen option to avoid the touchscreen interface). I have it set not to transcode, and the picture quality is the same on the A410 as the picture quality via any other source. And it so nice to have it available on most of my playback systems.
10-12-2014, 05:14 PM
(10-12-2014 02:33 PM)darucla Wrote:  Do wonder what you mean. I use Plex almost all the time, on my A410, and also on an Android box (there is a TV screen option to avoid the touchscreen interface). I have it set not to transcode, and the picture quality is the same on the A410 as the picture quality via any other source. And it so nice to have it available on most of my playback systems.

Just one question, if you have an A-410 why do you use Plex anyway? Why don't you just set a SMB share and be done with it? What does Plex offer you?

Regards.
10-12-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 06:49 PM by Willem55.)
A NMJ alternative jukebox. but with xbmc/kodi... who cares.
10-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Hi,

Akimoto, it seems you do not know what you are talking about... Plex App on PCH IS using smb shares. Plex and the PMS are fitting perfectly together.

AND in this combination (frameratesync + HD-Audio, FP 3D .iso, etc.) on OHC; it would be awesomeWink

BR
Peter
10-13-2014, 12:05 AM
(10-12-2014 11:03 PM)Peter Wrote:  Hi,

Akimoto, it seems you do not know what you are talking about... Plex App on PCH IS using smb shares. Plex and the PMS are fitting perfectly together.

AND in this combination (frameratesync + HD-Audio, FP 3D .iso, etc.) on OHC; it would be awesomeWink

BR
Peter

I only used DLNA of Plex in order to stream files into my PS3 or TV, and it's fundamentally broken (cannot rewind, can only fast forward 1.5x), etc...