Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

HD audio firmware is out!!!! OHC finally usable!
04-14-2015, 05:32 AM
RE: HD audio firmware is out!!!! OHC finally usable!
(04-10-2015 10:21 PM)BulletTime Wrote:  I have configured the key "0" on the ir remote with Keymap Editor for On/Off the Enable Passtrought in SPMC... Spam "0" when the sound is missing....

Anyone mind sharing this conf entry so I don't have to relearn what you already figured out Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2015, 06:24 AM
(04-10-2015 06:34 PM)TBF Wrote:  Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Testing right now! You can download it over the update function.

Is this true? Tongue

Hm, how do i switch it on? On the internal Player my DTS-HD streams there marked as before as only DTS without HD. In SPMC the DTS-HD streams there downgraded to stereo instead DTS-core like before.
On other equipment the movies played fine and the AVR shows DTS-HD in infoscreen.
04-18-2015, 01:27 PM
SPMC still does not get HD audio.

The internal player works fine with DTS HD aud Dolby True HD.

Do you have HDMI Bitstream enabled?
04-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Yep that's correct DTS-HD and TrueHD do not passthr4ough as DTS-HD or TrueHD in SPMC:-
http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread....53#pid5853

They do now however produce DD and AC3 and therefore your receiver can get audio on passthrough but obviosuly not the HD varient. See link above for comment from Koying.

So to actually get TrueHD and DTS-HD lighting up on your receivers you need to use the inbuilt native video player in the multimedia apps section of the UI.
04-20-2015, 03:34 AM
(04-19-2015 12:16 AM)chris57 Wrote:  They do now however produce DD and AC3 and therefore your receiver can get audio on passthrough but obviosuly not the HD varient. See link above for comment from Koying.

So to actually get TrueHD and DTS-HD lighting up on your receivers you need to use the inbuilt native video player in the multimedia apps section of the UI.

what is the Native Video Player Called???
04-26-2015, 05:58 PM
What is the Native Video Player as there is more than one player listed and DTS-HD or True-HD do not show up on the latest firmware if playing MKV files. Using Onkyo TR515
04-26-2015, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 12:33 AM by chris57.)
I think you have it, its in multimedia called video.

HD audio has only just come to the player in the very latest firmware. It's not available in spmc or outside of a bd structure, iso or bdmv folder i thought but this video shows mkv/ts hd audio.

You can test one of your mkv's by remuxing usimg tsmuxergui to get to iso to see if its working on your setup in an iso.

Whilst waiting for spmc audio fix you can get multichannel dd or ac3 using passthrough with spmc. make sure you have set multichannel and passthrough in spmc settings.

Finally make sure you install and setup the spmc program addon 'backup'. Save and then each time you update you can restore your spmc setting and library.

The test files used in the video were part of the nmt test packages and from here:
http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
04-27-2015, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 02:57 PM by walkerx.)
From that link I downloaded the following files to test

hd_dolby_spheres_v2_lossless-DWEU
hd_dolby_sports_sound_demo_lossless-DWEU
hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_5_1_lossless-DWEU
hd_dts_hd_master_audio_sound_check_7_1_lossless-DWEU

Not one of them output TrueHD or DTS-HD Master to Onkyo TX-NR515 on the OHC

I converted a couple of my media to BDMV and ISO using the tsmuxer you mention and this app did not convert the True-HD tracks and left them out, so I created a new BDMV/ISO's from a couple of films and played this and the same no True-HD or HD-Master and just silence.

Switched on my C-200 and played all the above, the original mkv's and the BDMV and ISO's and audio worked fine - receiver played the audio perfectly and showed it was playing true-hd and dts-hd master.

When the OHC attempted to play the BD movies, it was dropping frames which I would not expect and this was through the built-in player
04-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Look at the difference between your MKV and M2TS files in mediainfo. Only those with a AC3 core to the TrueHD track work with tsmuxergui.

Don't compare vs the C200 as that's had years of development not six months plus it was only around 2013 that Dolby started throwing their toys out of their pram and insisted on the removal of TrueHd decoding from devices and insisted on passthrough only. Passthrough of TrueHD+ac3 only or passthrough of truehd with no core is the question?

Finally make sure you test the same files as popa110. I've tried the sphere files on the vten and neither give audio via downmix but the one with an ac3 core plays as if it has two audio tracks and allows downmix of the ac3 core on my non-usa vten. usa vten having to have that feature removed due to dolby.

Try creating an ac3 core to one of your mkc truehd files using eac3to or similar.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172060
06-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Dears,

Could you try http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/public....rdaFUTnjU2 and report whether you get something re HD audio?
(I don't have the hardware, so cannot test)

Thx
[+] 1 user says Thank You to koying for this post
06-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Koying,

Unfortunately, the app crashed whenever trying to play videos regardless of hd audio or not.
The native player could pass-thru hd audio successfully though.

(06-01-2015 09:51 AM)koying Wrote:  Dears,

Could you try and report whether you get something re HD audio?
(I don't have the hardware, so cannot test)

Thx
06-01-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 10:52 AM by POPA110.)
Same problem App Crash When Play Video

I managed to play mkv test file without audio, but it is very unstable
06-01-2015, 01:54 PM
I thought koying received an OHC some time ago?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
06-01-2015, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 01:57 PM by POPA110.)
I think Koying has no AV ampificator to test the HD audio if I understand
06-01-2015, 02:44 PM
I also tried this 15 beta2 and it crashes everytime I try to play any video file.

Rolled back to 15 beta 1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Firmware wont update mamadubb 9 5,285 06-17-2015 12:15 PM
Last Post: hujknm89
  4k Resolution with firmware 1.0.13 Beta afss 39 21,585 04-20-2015 12:35 PM
Last Post: afss
  no audio grambo 13 5,374 04-07-2015 08:05 AM
Last Post: chris57
  Step to load firmware into a brand new SD breonwei 7 5,229 01-08-2015 08:27 PM
Last Post: AmigaWolf