Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Thread Closed 
Connect SMBC with NAS
03-22-2015, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 06:24 PM by Scrabbledo.)
Connect SMBC with NAS
Hi,

maybe I'm too stupid but after I've installed SMBC on my Openhour, I can't find the seetings to create a new video library with my NAS as source in the video section. The setup show me only my SDCARD and there is no option to change the source to a network connection!? Do I need a separate add-on to get this option in my video seetings? ...or must I first mount symbolic my video folder on my SDCARD?

I've a separate user on my Synology NAS for these connection and on my old PopcornC200 the connections (via nfs) works fine since years.

Thanks for help,
ScrabHuh
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2015 07:10 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: Connect SMBC with NAS
I tried to connect to samba once.

It wouldn't take the log on.

More bugs in it than a tramps mattress or Sinclair ZX80 without the 16kb expansion pack.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Which firmware are you referring to for functional samba which is integrated in firmware not kodi or xbmc.

Any guides out to relax windows server to allow ohc connection. Username and password didn't work for me on home group.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-22-2015, 10:02 PM
nothing from non windows devices/PC's works on home group as that isn't the normal style WORKGROUP.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-23-2015, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 02:32 AM by chris57.)
Dead easy I have SPMC setup using three different SMB shares from three different devices. One a Synology NAS.

Go into Setting in SPMC and set the workgroup to be the same as your LAN workgroup. Then use Video >Add Video and then Browse, choose to add a Windows SMB location and use Browse to get to the share you want. SPMC will ask for username and password and there's also a Remember Me checkbox to save having to renter.

I think that there's even a video on adding SMB shares to XBMC/Kodi/SPMC at Youtube.

edit: watch from 8.30 onwards in particular

[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
03-23-2015, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015 07:33 PM by martino.)
It works well for me with dlna/smb (i prefer smb) share from a dsm machine (not a synology one).
Shame i didn't find this post early , i must have find by myself manual source was required to make smb share work
04-14-2015, 07:10 PM
After I tried and searched some options within SMBC I've decided to deinstall SMBC because I couldn't find any menu to add a network source. :-(

Of course the in the ROM integrated Media player has found the Samba-Share but I asked where I can find this option in SMBC. The posted Youtube video dosn't play (some error, maybe deleted?) and the hint with "add a video file" this option is not available in my version.

I used the last official OH Android version (the current from beginning of march) and also the last SMBC version from the same time [installation about beginning of march].

Now I use mizuu and I'm impressed from this, so easy is it to install. So maybe SMBC can more but whitout any simple option to search and add a NFS or SMB server source...

Scrab
04-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Maybe this will help:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Signal Path: Open Hour--->HDMI--->pre/pro--->HDMI--->TV
Open Hour Audio Setting: HDMI Bitstream
Open Hour Video Setting: Currently testing with resolution set to Auto and Framerate Sync enabled
Rockchip Kodi 15.2 RC2
Media played from NAS via SMB
04-15-2015, 05:48 PM
(04-14-2015 07:39 PM)Christmazz Wrote:  Maybe this will help:

-->Link deleted BECAUSE I may not post URLs !? <--

Hi Christmazz,

thanks for the link but this option is not shown on SMBC. When I open the Video section I'll asked for add a list or add a video. And when I chose add video, it opens only the view to the internal sd and there is NO option like "Browse".

Also when I go up ".." I can go to the external sd but not other external source. And that was my problem. The screenshots from the Kodi-Wiki show not the menu from SMBC. :-(

Scrab
04-15-2015, 07:40 PM
That's really strange since SPMC and Kodi are or should be pretty identical GUI wise. I'm at a loss at the moment of why you are having this problem. Have you tried the latest Kodi version for Android just to see if the shares show up on Kodi? For the most part, Kodi is the same as SPMC but without the ability to pass through DTS and Dolby Digital along with some other tweaks. You can have both SPMC and Kodi installed at the same time.

Signal Path: Open Hour--->HDMI--->pre/pro--->HDMI--->TV
Open Hour Audio Setting: HDMI Bitstream
Open Hour Video Setting: Currently testing with resolution set to Auto and Framerate Sync enabled
Rockchip Kodi 15.2 RC2
Media played from NAS via SMB
04-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Sounds like you may not have setup SMB sharing and other network settings first in the main Settings menu perhaps?

Following the 'add videos' option I get all of the required network options including SMB and NFS.

I also like Mizuu though.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
04-16-2015, 10:56 AM
I tend to use the confluence theme at the beginning when setting things up. Maybe it's just me struggling to find things on the other themes.
05-25-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi Chris57,

this was the solution! I've activated the SMB-option within the network settings in SMPC and than the menu to choose several SMB-drives was visible.

But beside this, I've deinstalled SMPC and use only Mizuu because SMPC looks like very overloaded for me and also the structure to choose a movie or a series looks like not really "easy" and intuitiv. This is better solved by Mizuu.

Thanks for the help, but I think we can close this thread.

Scrab
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to connect SPMC with Windows 10 alturki 2 5,341 11-18-2015 06:47 AM
Last Post: alturki