Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Some infos please
03-10-2015, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 01:11 PM by silentscreambt.)
Some infos please
Hello guys,
before buy this product (I still own a pch a410) I would like to have some infos.
1) Can I play google play movies directly from the android app or I need to stream it from phone/tablet?
2) Is there any sleep timer?
3) What about dissipation? Does it became warm?
4) Is the device airplay and chromecast enablet?
5) Does it support google now with voice commands?

I think that's all
Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: Some infos please
(03-10-2015 01:08 PM)silentscreambt Wrote:  Hello guys,
before buy this product (I still own a pch a410) I would like to have some infos.
1) Can I play google play movies directly from the android app or I need to stream it from phone/tablet?
- won´t play. Currently not yet, but is fixed
- Sky Go App Germany works fine
2) Is there any sleep timer?
- no
3) What about dissipation? Does it became warm?
- low warm
4) Is the device airplay and chromecast enablet?
- I have not been up to now run brought
5) Does it support google now with voice commands?
- Works at the moment is not good, but it works

I think that's all
Thanks Smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Flundi for this post
03-11-2015, 10:14 AM
You can do a lot but you may have to find the APP to do it. For example a sleep timer has many Android APPS that will work on the player:-
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=s...apps&hl=en

Heat is fine as the case is from Silverstone.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
03-16-2015, 09:44 AM
And what about play store? Does it work correctly?
03-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Yep it works fine.

I've tested with things like BBC iPlayer etc. and the APPS are there and do install and work fine.

If there's any APP you would like me to test happy to do so.
03-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Really thanks Smile I would just buy it for xbmc, google play music, google play movies and some old gen emulators (snes,mame).
Now I own a pch a410 connected to a nas. I really love it but I prefer a lot more xbmc for the addons and the creaper options.
I was watching for a minix neo and a himedia too, but I really prefere this one for the construction quality.
What about standby and full load power consumption? I really hate always warm and always lights on devices ... and I love sleep timers eheheh
03-16-2015, 06:52 PM
We use SPMC on Android as its a a fork of XBMC specifically for Android and Rockchip players.

Here's a discussion thread:-
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8363-SPMC
And the download site:
http://spmc.semperpax.com/

The device has no fan and is built from a metal chassis with the help of Silverstone like the 400 series. It's around a quarter of the size and could be hid away behind a TV if you use an IR extender in the rear.
You cannot turn it totally OFF unless you turn off the power switch on the rear. You can turn into Standby with red led. The led can be hid by a bit of black tape or there are Android xposed modules to do things like turn off led or change volume scales etc.

Power consumption is really good. It's on the forum somewhere but it around 6w from memory, search and you'll get the figures. When in standby its next to nowt.

You can set SPMC to autoboot and it has addons for most things. You can install any Android APP to test sleep timer.

Finally as the OS/ROM is on the SD card you cannot brick it via any update. In fact if you have more than one SD card you can have reserve OS or testing play OS and change out.
03-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Thank you, really appreciate! Does it runs openelec? (I hope my last question Big Grin )
03-17-2015, 01:56 PM
I wish that was true... but no OpenElec support for RK3288Confused

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
03-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Quote:The led can be hid by a bit of black tape or there are Android xposed modules to do things like turn off led

have you tried a xposed modules to turn off the led?

this would be cool
03-17-2015, 02:50 PM
(03-17-2015 01:56 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  I wish that was true... but no OpenElec support for RK3288Confused

That's sad