Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Mobile phone recommendations
03-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Mobile phone recommendations
Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my phone and wondered if anyone had a recommendations.

I currently have a motog but its not the new version and its more of a playabout which presently is stuck in a boot loop until i resolve that issue.

i'm not a big game player, im thinking of the htc one m8 now that m9 is out as it'll drop in price.

Really want wifi ac on it and wifi charging would also be great.

Any one using one and how do you find it? Anyone got something that think its a clear winner.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Mobile phone recommendations
In my book the Moto G is still the best device in it's price range, next price level winner would be Galaxy-Note-3-Neo.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Well at the moment my moto g is stuck in a boot loop. It'll boot into fastboot but wont do anything when selecting recovery or when attempting to use adb on my pc. It says usb connected but then when trying to restore it says 'access denied'.
It's bootloader is unlocked and i did have twrp on it. Was running vanir 5.02 on it until the last flash seems to have knacked it.
Sure it's my lack of knowledge.
03-01-2015, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 01:07 PM by Willem55.)
there must be a phonehackshop somewhere near you... I hope.

or use the DIY guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2542219

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-01-2015, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 03:00 PM by chris57.)
Yep being trying that guide and I cannot get the flashall.bat to run as when it tries it says 'access denied'.

Also there's the issue of the fact that there is no stock GB lollipop moto g firmware out there for me to to try flashing back to stock. You cannot simply flash earlier versions. The instructions mention that if you try going back from 4.4.3 to 4.3 you have to edit the flashall.bat and flashall.sh which I've done just in case it would allow me to go back from lollipop to KK 4.3.

When I run the motorola device manager I do get the phone recognised. But when using the flashboot options recovery seems to have disappeared as when selected nothing happens.

I thought I'd got the hang of things on my moto g and flashing etc. having taken it through unlocking the bootloader, rooting, etc. and also flashing but with TWRP not not accessible nor the android recovery I'm a bit stuck. XDA is great for developers but for assistance when you run into problems it varies tremendously depending on which phone you have.

Going to give this a go:-
http://exxecsoft.com/motoflasher.php
As it says it will repair bootloaders which as I'm not getting any type of recovery it may be the issue.

It's a Moto G 2014 with 16Gb of internal storage but its not the newer 4G variant and is worth less than £100 now so taking it to a phone shop where they are known to charge around £50 make me bork and think keep trying to fix it myself but in the meantime get something that fills the specs the moto g doesn't have and I may also change carriers from Virgin to giffgaff
03-09-2015, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 09:44 PM by chris57.)
Got it working again. Tried numerous usb driver versions before one finally took allowing me to use the adb fastboot option to force recovery.

Now off to try a new rom Tongue
03-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Good for you..

Wife got a new phone.. a Galaxy SIII Neo... with a rebate it was same price as the Moto G. 159euro