Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
03-20-2015, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 06:36 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: 20150213 (1.0.13) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
Let's get one thing straight.

Chris and Will are moderating a forum to a product which is either dormant or dead in development and receive no help from cloud media to assure customers this is not the case.

Possibly Will and Chris are the musicians on the Titanic when it goes down and keep on playing. They deserve some respect for that.

We are all sitting twiddling thumbs looking up at the sky wondering what's going to happen next.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
03-20-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: Merge?
Time will tellSleepy

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-20-2015, 11:29 PM
(03-20-2015 06:32 PM)Daveydguk Wrote:  Let's get one thing straight.

Chris and Will are moderating a forum to a product which is either dormant or dead in development and receive no help from cloud media to assure customers this is not the case.

Possibly Will and Chris are the musicians on the Titanic when it goes down and keep on playing. They deserve some respect for that.

We are all sitting twiddling thumbs looking up at the sky wondering what's going to happen next.

With the Titanic resurfacing as the Vten!
03-21-2015, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 12:37 AM by Daveydguk.)
The Titanic sunk once.

NEVER AGAIN.

Would you travel on it ?

I'm using Mele PCG03 and it just works.

No 4k but you get good kodi xbmc experience.

It's x86 intel and cost the same as the open hour.

One day in the near future rockchip and lollipop is rolled out.

Open hour admin. Do you have any comments ?

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-27-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 03:17 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: Firmware Update News
Song sums it up. OPEN HOUR

04-06-2015, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 08:34 PM by AmigaWolf.)
RE: Kodi 14.2 Helix – The Final Translation (Final) released
(04-04-2015 06:29 PM)Daveydguk Wrote:  Mele PCG03 for me
win 8.1

Can you smell it. Left over stink pile of no customer support.

This is no reflection on moderators though. They try best.

The MeLE PCG03 looks good, but do not forget MeLE has very very bad customer support.
04-07-2015, 07:24 AM
RE: Kodi 14.2 Helix – The Final Translation (Final) released
Hi Amigawolf.

Bought mele via futeko who have good customer support. Dont buy direct.

Regarding software it's supported by Intel and Microsoft. It works perfect on win 8.1.

04-16-2015, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 11:15 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: 20150401 (1.0.23) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
Known proven Issues at head quarters or user issues which are outside of China head quarters.

Cloudy Media or cart and horse ?

Chris or Will?

Cheddar or Edam ?

Community, Communication or Confrontation.

Known proven Issues at head quarters or user issues which are outside of China head quarters.

04-30-2015, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 07:05 AM by Daveydguk.)
RE: Cloud Media Web Site Hacked, and Probably Comporomised (again...)
OHC not working either.

Can I please advise purchasers of android box UK please look at futeko.

Good support.

Business model. Provide a service. Provide a product.

People on this planet expect a solution and service. The business model of cloud media will die due to Chinese stupidity to protect source code for hardware decoding. We have paid a premium for Dolby HD, DTS HD,4K encoding on this device but it doesn't work.

09-24-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
Yeh,true believers every were you look!
09-28-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
I'm delighted to see that the Chameleon has been replaced with a cheaper, poorly featured android box. Rockchip seem to have beaten any ambition for a cutting edge open source box out of Openhour. The Gecko is the symbol of that defeat. I hope that Openhour can attract a group of all new customers to test the Gecko. As a Chameleon customer I won't get bitten by the same dog twice.
Kodi duties in my house are taken care of by Amazon Fire TV and for 4k, my Nvidia Shield console. I'm reluctant to gamble my positive feedback on Ebay by suckering someone into buying my Chameleon, so I will put it into my "waiting for miracles" box.
10-17-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Fails to play Dolby TrueHD tracks in both android and optimized KODI media players.
(10-17-2015 04:46 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  yes same more to come as 10 days ago

No point of reporting bugs on this forum thats what it is...Too much Bias.
10-31-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: 20151023 (1.0.33) - Beta Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
(10-31-2015 04:55 PM)goyuix Wrote:  I gave this firmware a shot this weekend and after tinkering with some settings I was able to get TrueHD and DTS-HD MA to come through the stock video player. Oddly enough, 2 channel AAC also works now over HDMI bitstream. I used to have to switch back to default output.

For what it is worth I grabbed a bunch of different sample files from http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/ - they have a bunch of DD, DTS, TrueHD, etc. My receiver won't decode ATMOS so I didn't bother with any of them.

The only real bug I encountered, and this is an old one, is that the SAMBA browser in the native video player app keeps generating duplicate hosts each time it rescans the network. Really it is just cosmetic.

Looking forward to the final release!

Do you have long to live on this planet ?

Final Release ?

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

10-31-2015, 07:28 PM
back in the dog house again?Dodgy

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
11-29-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: [split] Nvidia Shield
SHIELD Android TV Software Upgrade 2.0 Now Available (Released 10/1/15)

Expanded codec and container support:
-Adds pass-through support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio lossless audio*
-Adds MPEG2, VC-1, and WMV9 hardware-acceleration*
-Adds M2TS, ASF, and WMV container support for VC-1
-Adds WMA audio support (including WMA Pro, and WMA Lossless)

*These features are supported by the native Photo & Videos app. Other media players are expected to add support soon.

23.976 Hz playback support
Allows advanced media enthusiasts to force the display refresh rate to 23.976 Hz for 23.976 Hz content like most Google Play movies, Netflix movies, and Blu-ray movie files. Enable this feature in Settings > Device > HDMI > Resolution. Note: This setting should not be used for playing games or for watching videos that display at higher refresh rates.

Overscan adjustment
Now you can adjust the image on the screen to perfectly fit your TV. Enable this feature in Settings > Device > HDMI > Adjust for Overscan. Note: This setting should only be used if you TV does not already support overscan adjustment.

Just to clarify, i've seen some conflicting information here, but here is the official fixes made to the Nvidia Shield.