Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
03-11-2015, 04:06 AM
RE: 20150213 (1.0.13) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
(03-10-2015 11:56 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  What is a huge loss of money on a 150 euro purchase?
What wrong with playback @ just 60Hz?

HDMI handshake bug gives the occasional white noise at movie start but a restart solves that for me.

Box is at a usable level for me because I configured around the know issues.

Yes of course I want all issues to be resolved but I would not consider selling it.
Seeing android make it to the HQ mediaplayer world is a interesting journey for me.

Is this should be from a moderator?

150 Euro may means nothing to you, but may means quite an amount to the others. Compare with all the other RK3288 Android boxes, I don't see an advantage from OHC other than the alu chassis. Dodgy

What's wrong with 60Hz playing? I doubt seriously if you are still living in the DVD era. All your materials may be in the exact frame rates (24, 50, 60Hz) but this is absolutely not the same for many other users. Otherwise why XBMC and even Android 5.0 will try to implement different refresh rates and also auto framerates....etc, if they are nothing wrong with 60Hz all the time?

At the 1.0.13 version, even when the OHC is in standby mode, it still jams the HDMI link so that TV can't send audio signal to receiver when watching TV programmes. This issue was found since Jan.

http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread....63#pid3963

For Willem55, you can have your own attitude towards your money and OHC, but others also!! Stop questioning the others in this way may be even more helpful, while I don't see you have useful tips for the others most of the time. I am sure you are making someone mad instead of helping here, at least I am. Cool But so poor that this is the official forum and I am not going to leave because of your presence.

Seriously, why are you a moderator?Huh

PS, I bought my OHC at around 110 Euro and it is nothing more than a dust collector at this moment. Will give it a try every time when there is a new firmware....... but it let me down most of the time so I will switch it off completely after each trial.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users say Thank You to K_C_ for this post
03-11-2015, 07:11 AM
to K_C_ : Can't agree anymore
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
To K-C_ : Good points !!!
03-11-2015, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 03:32 PM by Willem55.)
(03-11-2015 04:06 AM)K_C_ Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 11:56 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  What is a huge loss of money on a 150 euro purchase?

HDMI handshake bug gives the occasional white noise at movie start but a restart solves that for me.

Yes of course I want all issues to be resolved but I would not consider selling it.
Seeing android make it to the HQ mediaplayer world is a interesting journey for me.

150 Euro may means nothing to you, but may means quite an amount to the others. Compare with all the other RK3288 Android boxes, I don't see an advantage from OHC other than the alu chassis. Dodgy

What's wrong with 60Hz playing? I doubt seriously if you are still living in the DVD era. All your materials may be in the exact frame rates (24, 50, 60Hz) but this is absolutely not the same for many other users. Otherwise why XBMC and even Android 5.0 will try to implement different refresh rates and also auto framerates....etc, if they are nothing wrong with 60Hz all the time?

At the 1.0.13 version, even when the OHC is in standby mode, it still jams the HDMI link so that TV can't send audio signal to receiver when watching TV programmes. This issue was found since Jan.

For Willem55, you can have your own attitude towards your money and OHC, but others also!! Stop questioning the others in this way may be even more helpful, while I don't see you have useful tips for the others most of the time. I am sure you are making someone mad instead of helping here, at least I am. Cool But so poor that this is the official forum and I am not going to leave because of your presence.

PS, I bought my OHC at around 110 Euro and it is nothing more than a dust collector at this moment. Will give it a try every time when there is a new firmware....... but it let me down most of the time so I will switch it off completely after each trial.

Take a post out of context and you're always right.

What is a huge loss of money on a 150 euro purchase?
was in response to a suggestion to sell on Ebay where "huge loss of money" was the assumption... so my question was how much?.. please quantify the loss assumed.

You take it out of that context and attack me personally... I advise you to reconsider the wisdom in that.

Frame rate:
2 ways to go here... some displays can match screen refresh to fps and do those refresh rates, others don't for those the players workout the match to the fixed screen refresh that display has, just like on your PC monitor for instance.
The OCH matches all FPS to 60Hz screen refresh correctly.
Pushing a matching refresh rate to the monitor when set to auto is work in progress and might give a slight PQ improvement if you have a very expensive display.
So it's about matching screen refresh to frame rate instead of matching frame rate to screen refresh.... now you tell us what the functional quality difference is between the two, just to prove you know what you are talking about.

The HDMI issue you stated is what I also said.

So now we are at the point where you personally attacked a moderator by taking his words out of context and give misinformation on a display issue.. that in itself could be bad for you.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-11-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 05:30 PM by K_C_.)
(03-11-2015 10:32 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:06 AM)K_C_ Wrote:  

Take a post out of context and you're always right.

What is a huge loss of money on a 150 euro purchase?
was in response to a suggestion to sell on Ebay where "huge loss of money" was the assumption... so my question was how much?.. please quantify the loss assumed.

You take it out of that context and attack me personally... I advise you to reconsider the wisdom in that.

Frame rate:
2 ways to go here some displays do match fps to screen refresh others don't for those the players workout the match to the fixed screen refresh your display has just like on your PC monitor for instance.
The OCH matches all FPS to 60Hz screen refresh correctly.
pushing a matching refresh rate to the monitor when set to auto is work in progress and might give a slight PQ improvement if you have a very expensive display.
So its about matching screenrefresh to frame rate instead of matching framerate to screenrefresh.... now you tell us what the functional quality difference is between the two just to prove you know what you are talking about.

The HDMI issue you stated is what I also said.

So now we are at the point where you personally attacked a moderator by taking his words out of context and give misinformation on a display issue

For the 150 euro loss statement, it doesn't look like a normal question to me. Even you have to rephrase to "how much".... using "what is" sounds like losing even 150 euro doesn't mean anything to you.

For the display issue, you just gave incorrect information instead.
Nowadays most of the flat panel TVs (may be as inexpensive as 150 euro??) can do 23, 24, 59, 60, and some even do 50Hz. We don't need an expensive display in order to get perfect refresh rates to match the contents.

While you keep saying OHC match to 60Hz perfectly, using a PC monitor as an example. Is PC monitor the display that a media player should be targeted to?

So actually do you know what's your problem? You like to keep telling the others what are working at this moment, but with many constraints. You like to "defense" (sounds familiar, huh??) the OHC, telling the others it is good, but sorry to say that it doesn't, at least IMO. People don't expect to buy such an alpha device and keep waiting for guinea pig firmwares which actually don't solve the major problems.

Still think I am attacking you? How about 3 users said thank you to my post and 1 replied "Good points !!! "?

Again, seriously, why are you a moderator?
[+] 6 users say Thank You to K_C_ for this post
03-11-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 08:23 PM by Daveydguk.)
It's like a toilet roll on a thread.
Goes on and on like Andrex.

After 2nd April I'm looking for a new pussy.

My cat died at 16 a year ago..

In the best possible taste Molly Sugden.

I loved to stroke my pussy.

Please understand that until rockchip releases next SDK or lollipop open hour can't do anything. The buck drops with chipset manufacturer

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-11-2015, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 08:38 PM by heinzd.)
I can't say who banned K_C_ but if you willem55 banned him you are the wrong choice for moderating this forum. I think you should make a break for a while.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to heinzd for this post
03-11-2015, 08:52 PM
(03-11-2015 08:36 PM)heinzd Wrote:  I can't say who banned K_C_ but if you willem55 banned him you are the wrong choice for moderating this forum. I think you should make a break for a while.

Stop the personal snides and do as you suggested post helpful hints/tips.

So far since suggesting that the forum posts should change i have not seen any posts from you of a positive nature to support your suggestion. Were you actually being genuine when suggesting that members should move into posting hints etc. as there's no evidence of anything of this nature yet from you.
03-11-2015, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 09:14 PM by heinzd.)
RE: Merge?
And the post from willem55 are helpful?

For me your quality of answering some discussions is still good but willem55 as a moderator is unacceptable.

I will stop posting for a while and for everyone it would helps if he stops posting too.

Thank You!
03-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Personal attacks on moderators is what will get you banned.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-12-2015, 08:10 AM
i realy can't understand why open hour can't do anything when i pay my money to open hour
03-12-2015, 10:56 AM
(03-12-2015 08:10 AM)csadceddd Wrote:  i realy can't understand why open hour can't do anything when i pay my money to open hour

a VTEN lovin is happening in another place!
03-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Hmmm, any more people get banned and there will not be anyone left to post, place is a morgue in any case.
03-12-2015, 11:35 PM
I guess I've come back from the dead then.

knock knock. I'm still alive. Get me out of this wooden overcoat.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Alas, with the Eastern New Year, this is a slow time of year. But in theory, this is about the time things start to move again.. once a new firmware is out, we'll all be noisy again Smile