Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
03-06-2015, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 11:52 PM by Daveydguk.)
RE: 20150213 (1.0.13) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
It's a cake of many layers.

The bottom layer is the hardware.

The Jam in the middle is rockchip software

The top sponge cake is cloud media.

Icing can be 3rd party open development as in open hour

Cherry on the top is all users happy.

Currently the jam isn't on the base layer.

Candles in the cake are product is no.1

If the base sponge of the cake has jam problems.

I'm looking for a freshly baked sponge base to allow the jam to stick.

;o)

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2015, 01:48 AM
All part of life's rich tapestry, welcome back Smile
03-09-2015, 06:30 PM
How many people are using firmware 1.0.10 compared to 1.0.11.

Would be nice to have a firmware poll.

I'm going back to 1.0.10 because the beta versions are glitchy.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
03-09-2015, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 07:13 PM by heinzd.)
A new stable firmware would be more helpful, KitKat or Lollipop it doesn't matter.

I bought the (Media)player at 11/2014 and for video files it is still useless and for an MP3 Player it is to expensive.

At the moment the forum is a ghost forum.

I think everyone is waiting for an new Firmware which resolve the problems we have.

I'am sorry but I must write it again, I really missed some Informations about the solution for the non working DTS-HD MA Support and the Micro stuttering Bug.

Please Cloud Media admins, moderators and developers try to use this Forum for what it should be used for.

For information and helping tips.
03-09-2015, 09:18 PM
This town, is coming like a ghost town
All the clubs have been closed down
This place, is coming like a ghost town
Bands won't play no more
too much fighting on the dance floor

Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?
We danced and sang, and the music played in a de boomtown

03-09-2015, 09:50 PM
.13 until today, i have downgrade to .10

.13 is totally unusable, missing audio during playback, big video stutter, with and whitout framerate sync
.11 cause random fuzzy noise... STOP PLAY STOP PLAY until have the sound
03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
(03-09-2015 06:54 PM)heinzd Wrote:  ........

Please Cloud Media admins, moderators and developers try to use this Forum for what it should be used for.

For information and helping tips.

The moderators simply moderate forum members behaviour AND try to help as many people as possible.

Really looking forward to you and others passing along helpful tips and hints to others. It's the purpose of the forum. A few guides or other tips would be great really looking forward to seeing this from the forum members.

If you want direct line to openhour please contact them vi their website this forum is not for that purpose.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
03-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Hello Members,

is anyone out there who contact Cloud Media and got an answer or better any solution?
03-09-2015, 10:16 PM
(03-09-2015 10:12 PM)heinzd Wrote:  Hello Members,

is anyone out there who contact Cloud Media and got an answer or better any solution?

Is there a language problem here Huh

I've only just told you this is not the place and to contact yourself.

Anyway really looking forward for your hints and tips etc. to help others.
03-09-2015, 10:42 PM
You are absolutely right it isn't the right place. It shouldn't be used for this kind of post.

But it is the only Place to get a Reply hopefully from the developers.

I think you read the same post, so you know that other members didn't get any answer when they contact the support from Cloud Media.

So if you don't get an answer from the CM Support and you can't find any solution in this forum an no news about continuing what are you thinking should I do?

Sell this unit? Do you read the latest customer reviews? You can't sell this product without a huge loss of money.
03-10-2015, 01:36 AM
Do what you like I'm not here to sell you units or to tell you what to do. This is the OHC Owners forum where we are supposed to spend time helping each other get the best we can out of our players, not delving into constant looping cycles of depression.Smile

You made the choice to go for an Android player and the RK3288 chip. You and all other RK3288 chip owners will have to wait Rockchip to fix the problems. Always been the case with earlier Rockchip chips (research will show you this on 3188 etc.) and is also the case for Sigma chips and indeed all of the chip manufacturers.

Otherwise either stump up a lot more cash and get a HTPC (with the associated drawbacks/pros) or buy a player that has had the fixes come through from the chip manufacturer, usually around 12 months after launch for the majority although you can bet that no player will ever achieve zero issues. Alternatively save yourself money and wait for the fixes to come through and ask yourself in future do I always have to have the latest and greatest chip as I'm trading off having to have the patience to await the chip manufacturer and if you don't have that don't put yourself in the position.

Presently if you do want my guess, I have no inside knowledge so no conspiracy theory please, as to what will happen we will see Lollipop but it will take time to get it right, I'm reading lagging issues/bugs on Android forums. HD audio I think will come through in a similar timescale as we've seen OH saying that they have had patches from Rockchip on the forum IIRC.
I wont be happy until autoframerate works 100% and stuttering goes for none 60Hz playback.
So I'll be on the case for things to get fixed but I will still help others and posts hints as and when I find so I'm hoping that you and others will do likewise. If you only make posts of a certain nature then it will be a depressing place to visit for you aswell so the more you put in the more you get out everyone.

Those are the best answers you can get from the forum. Sometimes you have to accept that you won't have access to everything you want to know no matter how many times or how loud you shout or campaign that's life. There's nothing else to ask for here on the subject. We will hear first on the forum when there's something new and as you have said in your rallying call lets take the time to help one another with tips/hints, guides, testing, etc. to make the best for all of us and the place a little more fun.
03-10-2015, 11:56 AM
What is a huge loss of money on a 150 euro purchase?
What wrong with playback @ just 60Hz?

HDMI handshake bug gives the occasional white noise at movie start but a restart solves that for me.

Box is at a usable level for me because I configured around the know issues.

Yes of course I want all issues to be resolved but I would not consider selling it.
Seeing android make it to the HQ mediaplayer world is a interesting journey for me.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
03-10-2015, 05:11 PM
The main reason some are complaining here is because no one is home over at CM Support, I have received no answer to the 3 support tickets I have submitted.
There has been not one thing added to the OHC FAQ, or support articles since 10/14/14, total silence is not good and is indicative of a company that has little
care in their dealings with customers. The Moderators seem to be more interested in making excuses for CM's lack of information than anything else. I have my box
working fairly well, but I don't have 4K TV nor do I watch 3D content. I feel lucky when I can get thru an entire movie without either audio or video issues. I have refrained
from posting any reviews of this box on any blog or forum outside of this one, mainly because I wanted to give it a chance, but how long do we wait for the functionality
we were promised at launch, three months, six? a year?. For those with other players as a backup while waiting that might be OK, but for those of us that bought this as
our only or first streamer this has been a bitter disappointment. My search is on for a replacement, I will keep the OHC and see if it ever lives up to it's potential.
03-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Every media player has to wait around a year from chip release to reach maturity, never has changed never will.

Thought we wwren't going to go round and round and round on this and as Heinz suggested start posting hints, tips, guides etc. to make this a better place. Join in that instead of taking us off track.
03-10-2015, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 07:49 PM by Daveydguk.)
Hi. Bought a mele pgc03.

Works great. No 4k. But it has win8.1.

will use this until OHC get its software update.

OHC still works as it stands as player in spare room.

futeko uk.

hi media q5 4k3d is getting some raves.