Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
02-09-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: Merge?
(02-08-2015 11:48 PM)chris57 Wrote:  And here we go again yet another thread taken off topic and into off topic land.

What will it take to stop this behaviour, you were warned in the last firmware thread and yet again off you go hijack king each and every thread this one being the last of many. Enough is enough. This is a warning of a month please stop this campaigning its against forum rules.

This forum is not the place to complain about how frequent or infrequent you get updates the manufacturer. Go ask them via their contact on their website. Don't piss on your own kind and make this place nothing but a depressing load of whining where it seems that anything that is negative is pounced upon without any checking just to complain, 4k not being 4k being the latest but reoccurring one, which via search on this and other forums you can plainly see if untrue. Then we get playback is better on a device you haven't even built. Now its going to die...It's like an episode of Dad's Army and your playing Fraser. We are the only ones you are playing to and we have heard it so many times now and have requested it to stop so many times like i said enough is enough.

Chris57, excuse the heck out of me, and thanks for the warning that I can't post something in the ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN/ OFF TOPIC forum, are you crazy? or just power mad? Warning me not to go off topic in the off topic forum.... REALLY!!
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
02-09-2015, 02:52 AM
Your post was not made in this thread. This is where I placed it after it was posted in the SPMC thread. You have PM'd me on this issue and I have replied in length. That is the place to discuss not on the open forum on this or any other moderation issue.
02-09-2015, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:28 AM by heinzd.)
People to banish is easier than solve the problems.

Great plan!

If this continues you Chris57 and Willem55 are talking alone in this forum about the not working OH!

This Forum is useless without the Cloud Media Software Support.

We need a new stable working Firmware and make Restart of all, means only the stable Version should be able to download and in the future we need more info’s from the developers.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to heinzd for this post
02-09-2015, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 08:39 AM by Willem55.)
Look everyone is free to have an opinion on the box, the manufacturer or this forum... that's fine, start your own thread and rant your heart out.
Hijacking each and every thread to vent these opinions is unacceptable... ignoring warnings will lead to a revoking of posting rights.
the Original Poster of the SPMC 14.1.0 (2015/02/07) released thread whould have liked to discuss that and not the stuff that had to be moved of topic again...
This has nothing to do with being power mad or crazy, but has everything to do with keeping this forum readable and valid.
If you want CM developers or anyone else with a positive contribution to participate in the discussion, negative hostile attitudes won't really invite them to join in, now will they?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Believe it or not the forum is not run for the benefit of one person to ruin it for others.

I've got a lot of PM's from people trying to use the forum and are being put off by the fact that if they say something is working well or ok then they were getting attacked. I've also got them from people complaining that they cannot discuss anything on the forum as their threads are hijacked and taken off topic into personal rants each and everytime they try.

I have tried kid gloves warnings, further warnings, more warnings, etc. and although after the last time it happened he has gone quiet for a week in his hating it resurfaced and I let a couple go but then it's getting out of hand. Although it says banned it is in effect a one month break from being able to post. After one month he'll be back if he so chooses.

If anyone else behaves in the same way and ignores repeated warnings then the same will happen to them it's not personal.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to chris57 for this post
02-12-2015, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 08:52 AM by breonwei.)
To be honest, I'm first time customer of Cloud Media. I have a 5 years old desktop running Q9550 CPU and its power consumption is outrages, I stop using it after I purchased this. I only turn it on to watch DTS HD movies nowadays.

I'm impressed with CM pre sales enthusiastic to close the deal. I'm also impressed with the initial firmware releases for this product. However things have been been improving since 1 month ago.

It is never a fault for a customer to complain in the forum and we salute all the really helpful steps, tips from everyone especially from the moderator.

Complains might not be good for the forumer but I think it is good for CM corporate executives to know customers are not happy. Yes we all know Android OS media player has certain limitation, but CM clearly stated DTS HD IS or WILL BE supported.

Worst part is there is no estimated delivery time to fix this issue. CM has to commit to release the fixes by a date, by hook or by crook to continue survive on their reputation.

To be honest, I think this player has outstanding hardware specs but poor firmware development commitment. We are not blaming on the engineering development team but simply the management has to do a better job or will suffer from bad reputation and lost of customers.
02-12-2015, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 08:12 AM by dunneke.)
(02-12-2015 06:20 AM)breonwei Wrote:  It is never a fault for a customer to complain in the forum and we salute all the really helpful steps, tips from everyone especially from the moderator.

Complains might not be good for the forumer but I think it is good for CM corporate executives to know customers are not happy.

You are right. I miss Daveydguk and AmigaWolf. Now the mods are nearly talking to themselves.
02-12-2015, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 06:17 PM by chris57.)
They ain't dead and I too miss Dave and especially Amigawolf but the forum is now bearable and others that were constantly attacked are now happy.

Nobody has said that you cannot complain. Just don't piss off the whole of the forum by doing it in each and every thread. If we want to discuss SPMC then leave people alone to do so and stop hijacking threads. Just behave like an adult in other words and if requested to stop do so. Nothing rocket science level with that and all in the forum rules from Day1.

If you think that not having a firmware released each and every month is a reason to complain then you need to reassess. Not knowing or being able to manage your expectation is what the problem is. If as we suspect due to the Lollipop release efforts from Rockchip are on that and therefore there's little that can be done in the meantime. However we are only guessing and as an owner I would like to know. I dont however behave like a child about it and ruin the experience for others.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
02-12-2015, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 09:32 AM by Willem55.)
(02-12-2015 06:20 AM)breonwei Wrote:  To be honest, I'm first time customer of Cloud Media. I have a 5 years old desktop running Q9550 CPU and its power consumption is outrages, I stop using it after I purchased this. I only turn it on to watch DTS HD movies nowadays.

I'm impressed with CM pre sales enthusiastic to close the deal. I'm also impressed with the initial firmware releases for this product. However things have been been improving since 1 month ago.

It is never a fault for a customer to complain in the forum and we salute all the really helpful steps, tips from everyone especially from the moderator.

Complains might not be good for the forumer but I think it is good for CM corporate executives to know customers are not happy. Yes we all know Android OS media player has certain limitation, but CM clearly stated DTS HD IS or WILL BE supported.

Worst part is there is no estimated delivery time to fix this issue. CM has to commit to release the fixes by a date, by hook or by crook to continue survive on their reputation.

To be honest, I think this player has outstanding hardware specs but poor firmware development commitment. We are not blaming on the engineering development team but simply the management has to do a better job or will suffer from bad reputation and lost of customers.

Look everyone is free to have an opinion on the box, the manufacturer or this forum... that's fine, start your own thread and rant your heart out.
Hijacking each and every thread to vent these opinions is unacceptable... ignoring warnings will lead to a revoking of posting rights.
the Original Poster of the SPMC 14.1.0 (2015/02/07) released thread whould have liked to discuss that and not the stuff that had to be moved of topic again...
This has nothing to do with being power mad or crazy, but has everything to do with keeping this forum readable and valid.
If you want CM developers or anyone else with a positive contribution to participate in the discussion, negative hostile attitudes won't really invite them to join in, now will they?

The baseline problem is some users don't see the difference between a forum and a chatbox where you can jump into any conversation and give your opinion..... respecting someone elses thread is what is needed in a forum and users look to moderators to maintain that.
just quoted my own post from above and for your benefit I would like to ad that complaints to the manufacturer are best addressed directly to either sales or support@cloudmedia.com.... don't assume they will even read these posts.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Willem55 for this post
02-12-2015, 09:32 AM
(02-12-2015 09:28 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  just quoted my own post from above and for your benefit I would like to ad that complaints to the manufacturer are best addressed directly to either sales or support@cloudmedia.com.... don't assume they will even read these posts.

My experience is that nobody answers at support@cloudmedia.com. You have to open a ticket at http://support.cloudmedia.com.
02-12-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 09:35 AM by Willem55.)
I know they read it, but not all messages require or have an answer.
just don't assume they are a big company that have customer service representatives that communicate to you and keep you happy.

02-13-2015, 02:17 AM
I'm still here, yaaay Smile

Not much to say, the device works, and I use it every day. So in this case, silence is good news Smile
02-16-2015, 01:13 AM
did the other place die? or is it just my routes
02-16-2015, 02:29 AM
Are you getting no forums apart from this one? If so i got this last week once, everything's fine now at my end i can see all forums.
02-16-2015, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 08:14 AM by Willem55.)
Oh boy... don't worry it's automatic we can take away posting rights for a specific time like day, week, month or date........ and then there is indefinite.. for those that won't change.