Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
02-06-2015, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 01:42 AM by halfelite.)
RE: Merge?
(02-05-2015 09:56 PM)AmigaWolf Wrote:  And all the hardware i have used for years, all had no problems with 1080P and HD audio, but you have to know what you are
buying, i have made a lot of PC's from parts and they all worked good, and my 1080P HD audio movies play great on them for
the last 4 years.

And like i sad i make my own Mini-ITX PC Media Player, so i am not gone have problems with HD audio and Blu-Ray Playback, thats
why i did NOT buy a asus chromebox.

Used for years huh what GPU handled 23.976 for these years you speak of. Considering ATI cards up until 2013 were off. Nvidia up until end of 2013 were off even more then ATi. Intel GPU graphics did not handle 23.976 up until the haswell did we get proper 23.976. Using reclock would cause all sorts of audio problems. But please tell me more about this awesome HTPC you built that handled all this for 4 years when the hardware at the time could not output any of that over hdmi.

4 years ago would have put you at the GTX 460 as no ATI card could pass HD audio so yup horrible 23.976.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 03:48 AM
For my case, I have owned a A410 and love it very much, I bought OHC, coz of CM reputation, I simply believed it is a good player. However it is not, no need my explanation, no excuse it is not a good player.

so people may wanna to wait, to test, they may enjoy this process, however I feel very annoying, I just want a player that I can enjoy my movie

I just want to point out that CM has produced a player for engineer, for fanatic, for expert , not for normal user.

You may tease me why I am not made some research before buying. Because I just simply believe in CM product

Now I know CM product is not for normal user at least OHC is not, so normal user please don't buy , i am the one who suffer coz of my naivety
[+] 1 user says Thank You to hinball for this post
02-06-2015, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 07:20 AM by Willem55.)
On this and the PCH forum we always been clear on how this process would go as it has been like this for years with any media player and of course the vendors will not tell you this on their websites.... but most user forums are very clear on this "not everything will work out of the box". We warned about androids limitations on this forum and on xbmc.
Reading back the early posts I think this forum was clear from the beginning about the expected issues and the way things are going... So if you bought just by reading the website I understand the disappointments, but if you bought after reading the forum you knew what you were getting into.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-06-2015, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 02:10 AM by AmigaWolf.)
(02-05-2015 11:06 PM)chris57 Wrote:  You are now telling us the results of your playback (no problems with HD audio or bluray, plays everything(apart from 4K etc. but you didn't think when making your sweeping generalisation)) on a device that you haven't even built.Big Grin

Totally believable unfortunately.Undecided

I have build many Computers and know a lot from them, and i know all the Spects for my Hardware,
Bitstreaming Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD in 7.1 CH with the Intel Core i3 is not a problem.

And HERE you can read more on how to do it, and that was posted back in September 13, 2010,
so no is not gone be hard for me, even easy for me.

Quote:Used for years huh what GPU handled 23.976 for these years you speak of. Considering ATI cards up until 2013 were off. Nvidia up until end of 2013 were off even more then ATi. Intel GPU graphics did not handle 23.976 up until the haswell did we get proper 23.976. Using reclock would cause all sorts of audio problems. But please tell me more about this awesome HTPC you built that handled all this for 4 years when the hardware at the time could not output any of that over hdmi.

4 years ago would have put you at the GTX 460 as no ATI card could pass HD audio so yup horrible 23.976.

WOW again, just use MPC-HC + madVR + ffdshow and you will NOT have problems with 23.976 Movies and HD Audio,
non of the movies and Video/Audio formats gone be a problem with that player with madVR.

I am using MPC-HC + madVR for 5 years now and NEVER had problems with 23.976 Movies, runs smooth as butter.

And as you can read HERE, in Jun 28 2010 NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460 had HD audio, and Geforce GTX 5** that came in 8 November 2010
had HD audio support and up, and also Ati Radeon 5xxx-Series and up had HD Audio, so PLEASE do your home work better.

And back then i had 2x Geforce GTX 460 in SLI.

And also H55/57 Platform Motherboards had HD Audio.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to AmigaWolf for this post
02-06-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 08:23 PM by Willem55.)
now here is an informative link to a forum where users discuss issues with their hardware and kodi, loads of Intel NUC posts http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-06-2015, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 02:04 AM by AmigaWolf.)
(02-06-2015 07:10 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  On this and the PCH forum we always been clear on how this process would go as it has been like this for years with any media player and of course the vendors will not tell you this on their websites.... but most user forums are very clear on this "not everything will work out of the box". We warned about androids limitations on this forum and on xbmc.
Reading back the early posts I think this forum was clear from the beginning about the expected issues and the way things are going... So if you bought just by reading the website I understand the disappointments, but if you bought after reading the forum you knew what you were getting into.

Its not a problem that not everything is working out of the box, but the problem is that he cannot play 23.976 Movies good,
thats the BIG problem we have, and we bought the Open Hour Chameleon for that reason, to play MOVIES.

And MOST movies are 23.976, so yes thats a BIG flaw.
02-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Sorry to say this but 23.976 Movies play fine in my setup.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
02-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Here too Smile It's just Perfect.
02-07-2015, 06:00 PM
(02-07-2015 11:37 AM)DarkStarXxX Wrote:  Here too Smile It's just Perfect.

That's great, but do you get 5.1 DD/DTS along with that fine movie playback? Do you have to use the internal player? streaming from a local source?. I can't even get the clunky internal player to stream reliably from my network NAS.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
02-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Yes i get 5.1 DD/DTS.
I'am using SPMC via NFS.
02-08-2015, 12:11 AM
(02-07-2015 07:27 PM)DarkStarXxX Wrote:  Yes i get 5.1 DD/DTS.
I'am using SPMC via NFS.

That's interesting, I am using the latest SPMC via NFS on a wired GB network, and I still get stuttering on some files, as well as the static blast once in awhile. Some files work fine, others don't, kind of hit and miss seems like.
02-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Sorry to say this, but 23,976 movies does not play smooth in my setup.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to saarg for this post
02-08-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: SPMC 14.1.0 (2015/02/07) released
Well, it didn't make any difference in my video/audio issues, but I didn't think it would from the change log.
Today marks one month (30 days) without an update from CM, what is more concerning is we have not had
any information released in that time. How hard is it to post a small blurb about progress in stable firmware
development? It is better to be kept informed of progress even if slow than no information at all. If they do
not start communicating this project is going to wither and die on the vine.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
02-08-2015, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 11:32 PM by AmigaWolf.)
(02-08-2015 05:34 PM)F6B_Rider Wrote:  Well, it didn't make any difference in my video/audio issues, but I didn't think it would from the change log.
Today marks one month (30 days) without an update from CM, what is more concerning is we have not had
any information released in that time. How hard is it to post a small blurb about progress in stable firmware
development? It is better to be kept informed of progress even if slow than no information at all. If they do
not start communicating this project is going to wither and die on the vine.

Like the way it's is going now, it's gone slowly die, just like what happened to MadCatz M.O.J.O.

If they don't change soon.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to AmigaWolf for this post
02-08-2015, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 12:06 AM by chris57.)
And here we go again yet another thread taken off topic and into off topic land.

What will it take to stop this behaviour, you were warned in the last firmware thread and yet again off you go hijack king each and every thread this one being the last of many. Enough is enough. This is a warning of a month please stop this campaigning its against forum rules.

This forum is not the place to complain about how frequent or infrequent you get updates the manufacturer. Go ask them via their contact on their website. Don't piss on your own kind and make this place nothing but a depressing load of whining where it seems that anything that is negative is pounced upon without any checking just to complain, 4k not being 4k being the latest but reoccurring one, which via search on this and other forums you can plainly see if untrue. Then we get playback is better on a device you haven't even built. Now its going to die...It's like an episode of Dad's Army and your playing Fraser. We are the only ones you are playing to and we have heard it so many times now and have requested it to stop so many times like i said enough is enough.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post