Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Merge?
02-04-2015, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 11:40 PM by Daveydguk.)
Merge?
How crap. Is that. They set up a forum and ignore their customers. Really good business model. What Ferking planet are they on.

Oh dear. Not good is it. To leave Chris and will on a forum that they can't help on because the product has died.

8Your going around in circles

Wake up.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 05:37 PM by AmigaWolf.)
RE: Merge?
Thats why i bought a Mini-ITX PC, no problems anymore everything is working, not like the Open Hour Chameleon.

And i can say this here because i am in the OFF TOPIC section.
02-05-2015, 05:38 PM
The forum rules apply to ALL of the forum though remember that.

As we have said from day one early adopters have to wait for media players to stabilise when they pick the latest chip. Dont want early adopter issues dont buy early. Rocket science it most certainly is not.
02-05-2015, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 05:45 PM by AmigaWolf.)
(02-05-2015 05:38 PM)chris57 Wrote:  The forum rules apply to ALL of the forum though remember that.

As we have said from day one early adopters have to wait for media players to stabilise when they pick the latest chip. Dont want early adopter issues dont buy early. Rocket science it most certainly is not.

Wow you live in a strange world, if i buy a TV or Wasmachine or Vacuum cleaner i do not have to wait 3
mounts or longer to get fix, even when they are just on the marked.

If a product does not work good when it came out, it means it came out to soon, and means that Cloud
Media put the Open Hour Chameleon to fast on the marked.

And sorry to say that's doing BAD business, and because of that they WILL loose customers.
02-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Now what is the difference between a android mediaplayer and a TV or Wasmachine or Vacuum cleaner......?Big Grin

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Will, I am going to have to agree up to a point. When I bought my OHC there was not one single warning on the Cloud Media store page about this being a 'work in progress' device and that the purchaser should not expect the box to have full functionality for 2 or 3 months. (or more as we have heard nothing in almost a month) The store page was full of glowing descriptions of how well the box played audio/video and was XBMC capable. This was plainly not 'truth in advertizing' and mis-leading to say the least. Many of the people who purchased this player on the strength of the claimed specifications should reasonably expect the unit to live up to them. If you or I bought a device from the local store that made the same claims only to find they were not true we would have taken it back for a refund straight away. I am willing to wait and see what happens in a couple more months, but that's just me, I have a backup player and don't miss the money, some others might not be in that position and are understandably upset. Just my .02
[+] 4 users say Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
02-05-2015, 06:39 PM
It is the same no matter from whom you purchase a media player, always has been and in twenty years of moaning no one has changed it nor will they.

There are plenty of posts from willem and i on this made well before anyone got or ordered a unit. Early adopters always suffer. If you dont like it buy an older released media player with a stabilised chip for less or buy a pc for more.

If this is new to you then it must be your first foray into media players and as its unfamilar you'll be frustrated that you didn't realise. However no amount of complaining will change the market and the demand for the 'latest' chip.
02-05-2015, 07:11 PM
(02-05-2015 06:39 PM)chris57 Wrote:  It is the same no matter from whom you purchase a media player, always has been and in twenty years of moaning no one has changed it nor will they.

There are plenty of posts from willem and i on this made well before anyone got or ordered a unit. Early adopters always suffer. If you dont like it buy an older released media player with a stabilised chip for less or buy a pc for more.

If this is new to you then it must be your first foray into media players and as its unfamilar you'll be frustrated that you didn't realise. However no amount of complaining will change the market and the demand for the 'latest' chip.

Wow chris57 you are unbelievable.

I can tell you that when i get my new Mini-ITX PC media player that it will work 100% with Media files and that everyting will run on it.

And that with a NEW Chipset from Intel and such, a NEW just released MB.
02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Everything ?

Does it Play 4K ?
Does it Play HEVC?

It don't think so.
02-05-2015, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 07:57 PM by Willem55.)
yes everything including DRM copyright protection to be maintained with every driver and windows update... see what that will do to your HD audio passthrough
In short it will play everything the media industry, Intel and Microsoft will allow you to play in the way they see fit.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-05-2015, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 09:04 PM by halfelite.)
(02-05-2015 07:11 PM)AmigaWolf Wrote:  Wow chris57 you are unbelievable.

I can tell you that when i get my new Mini-ITX PC media player that it will work 100% with Media files and that everyting will run on it.

And that with a NEW Chipset from Intel and such, a NEW just released MB.

What chipset you thinking is going to work 100%. Some HTPC setups work well but its still just as hit and miss have to make sure you get hardware that supports all the right drivers for HD audio and such. Still a lot of situations where drivers are not available good example for this is asus chromebox with windows no HD audio no bluray playback. Then other times HD audio will work but you cant framesync cause the audio will drift out of sync.

Then if you get into netflix as far as i am aware there is still no 1080p netflix on pc unless you use the windows 8 APP. but I think it stops at 1080 no superHD streams that you can get on other devices. The 4k decode will be another one it will be very CPU taxing
02-05-2015, 09:51 PM
(02-05-2015 05:44 PM)AmigaWolf Wrote:  Wow you live in a strange world, if i buy a TV or Wasmachine or Vacuum cleaner i do not have to wait 3
mounts or longer to get fix, even when they are just on the marked.

Boahahahaha! If all these smart networked TV sets would come with fully working media players, there would be no demand for standalone media players - and we would not have this discussion at all. I'm not aware _any_ of these wonderful is anywhere near to ready for prime time - high-end class included. This is a fire and forget business, and then some lazy bugfixing ... and then big silence, because of the next CES and IFA are waiting.

Washer, Internet connected of course here. Nice to get some remote control (more or less reliable from remote due to NAT bypass technologies), the ability to check how long the program will run, the ability to get a notification when the program has finished ... beyond? Nothing - no additional flexibility, no customizing of programs, nothing ...

Vaccuum cleaner? No experience, not aware of anything comparable to a media player in complexity
02-05-2015, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 01:43 AM by AmigaWolf.)
(02-05-2015 07:22 PM)DarkStarXxX Wrote:  Everything ?

Does it Play 4K ?
Does it Play HEVC?

It don't think so.

Does it Play 4K ?
Again what do you want with 4K, if there is no 4K movies.

And when there are a lot of 4K movies the Open Hour Chameleon is gone by old, and most of you would have bought a new
device already.

And if i bought the Z87E-ITX that only cost a little bit more i would have 4K, but why should i do that, like i sad there are no
4K movies.

Does it Play HEVC? Why? i don't have H265/HEVC movies.

And movies with AVC 1 cannot be played normal on the Open Hour Chameleon.

Same for 23,976 fps movies on 1080P 60Hz, a lot of problems with that with a Receiver on the Open Hour Chameleon,
and i have "Video" Stutter and Audio effect in ALL video Apps.

And movies with AVC 1 is not gone be a problem and also 23,976 fps movies are not gone be a problem, and also HD
audio is not gone be problem with my Mini-ITX PC Media Player.

I forgot, i also do not have the white noise problem with my Mini-ITX PC Media Player.

Quote:What chipset you thinking is going to work 100%. Some HTPC setups work well but its still just as hit and miss have to make sure you get hardware that supports all the right drivers for HD audio and such. Still a lot of situations where drivers are not available good example for this is asus chromebox with windows no HD audio no bluray playback. Then other times HD audio will work but you cant framesync cause the audio will drift out of sync.

Then if you get into netflix as far as i am aware there is still no 1080p netflix on pc unless you use the windows 8 APP. but I think it stops at 1080 no superHD streams that you can get on other devices. The 4k decode will be another one it will be very CPU taxing

halfelite 720P/1080P movies in Netflix is not a problem on the PC, but you will NEVER get it on the Open Hour Chameleon.

And all the hardware i have used for years, all had no problems with 1080P and HD audio, but you have to know what you are
buying, i have made a lot of PC's from parts and they all worked good, and my 1080P HD audio movies play great on them for
the last 4 years.

And like i sad i make my own Mini-ITX PC Media Player, so i am not gone have problems with HD audio and Blu-Ray Playback, thats
why i did NOT buy a asus chromebox.
02-05-2015, 11:06 PM
You are now telling us the results of your playback (no problems with HD audio or bluray, plays everything(apart from 4K etc. but you didn't think when making your sweeping generalisation)) on a device that you haven't even built.Big Grin

Totally believable unfortunately.Undecided
02-05-2015, 11:39 PM
(02-05-2015 06:39 PM)chris57 Wrote:  It is the same no matter from whom you purchase a media player, always has been and in twenty years of moaning no one has changed it nor will they.

You seem to be on a one track train Chris, and you still didn't address the fact that CM mislead the buying public. And the fact that you, as a non-affiliated moderator of a forum that the prospective buyer may or may not have seen posted a mention that the device may not work as advertized doesn't change the fact.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post