Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Beginner - WiFi not connecting
01-31-2015, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 11:00 AM by swamy.)
Beginner - WiFi not connecting
Hello,
Build Number: rk3288-eng 4-4-2 KOT49H eng-jannie-20141231-143114 test-keys
Problem: WiFi loops in Obtaining IP Address after authenticating. Using openhour WiFi/Blue Tooth dongle. Bluetooth works fine.
Tried connecting to two different working routers. Other devices connect to both routers fine. Box sitting close to router and signal strength is fine.
Ethernet works fine.
Noticed that Wi-Fi MAC address shows up as 00-11-22-33-2f-55.
Tried to configure static address. But field is greyed out and selecting static is not allowed.
Tried stock ROM. Same problem.
Searched forum and looked at release notes. I could not find any reference unless I missed it. Appreciate any help.
Many thanks.

Update: I remembered that I had a TP-Link TL-WN822N USB adapter. Removed Openhour Wi-Fi / Bluetooth dongle, ethernet cable and connected TL-WN822N.
It worked straight away. It used the encryption keys I saved for openhour dongle.
Note that in my testing of openhour dongle, I had disconnected ethernet so as not to clash with Wi-Fi.
Good news is that TL-WN822N works with OHC. Put openhour dongle. Same problem. Loops Obtaining IP address...
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2015, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 11:32 AM by chris57.)
RE: Beginner - WiFi not connecting
I havent seen any reports on WiFi at all.

I bought the dongle to use with bluetooth and my ipazz pro. I'll have a go at testing WiFi this weekend to see if I can set a static ip, works on ethernet, and if I can connect.

Have you tried burning the units MAC code to your SD card:-
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Bu...to_SD_Card

edit:

Just seen your update. Is that stick wifi ac as the OH dongle is and if you have ac wifi setup you'll need it.

I wonder if the TPLink AC dongle would work? Having an alternate is always good.
01-31-2015, 09:09 PM
My problem of not getting an IP address is with openhour wifi dongle.
Dongle correctly authenticates WPA password. Problem seems to be in getting DHCP address from the router.
---
I had already burnt MAC address to ethernet using the one printed on OCH casing. Ethernet shows that MAC. Problem is not with ethernet.
I did not think that this method will burn MAC on dongle. Anyway dongle box does not have any MAC printed and I did not think that I can burn the same ethernet MAC on dongle.
---
Checked the box for TL-WN822N. It lists 802-1b,g and n. It does not list 802-1 a/c. I dont know the specs of my router.
---
As per cloudmedia wifi dongle specs, it is Wi-Fi 802 a/b/g/n 2T2R 300Mbps with Bluetooth (MT7632U chipset).
If you have openhour dongle please try it and let me know.
02-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Similar usage case here - using the OH WiFi stick for Bluetooth only.

Quick test - the OHC does make use of the OH WiFi stick MAC address, 00:0A:25:xx:xx:xx

2.4 GHz: No problems associating to WLAN AP (ie. Cisco WAP4410N, Ch.1 and ZyXEL NWA1123AC N300 20..40 MHz auto, Ch.13, Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC N450, 20..60 MHz auto) - WiFi connection remains up and running.

5 GHz: The OHC does associate with the WLAN AP, does fetch an IP address if set to DHCP (logged on the DHCP), and does disconnect after a few seconds again. ZyXEL NWA1123AC (2.01 Beta 2 with new Atheros radio firmware, Ch. 104), Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC (AC1300, Ch. 128 - yes, 10 minutes until active checking for weather radar interference as per ESTI)

Suspect something borked with the CM OHC MT7632U WiFi on 1.0.11 Beta.

Oddity: Had to disconnect resp. to switch Ethernet off - my security system ranted about MAC spoofing the Ethernet MAC became visible on the WLAN, the WLAN MAC became visible on the LAN ... duh, Android Huh

PS. There are (at least) three different hardware versions of the TPlink TL-WN822N - and even more USB IDs. Earlier variants come with Atheros chipsets, the v3 comes with a Realtek chipset Huh
02-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Took OHC wifi/BT dongle to the local shop where I bought OHC. Dongle connects and stays connected OK with shop's router. I did not note down the specs of the shop's router. Tried two dongles and both worked. Swapped the dongle, brought it home and checked. Same problem persists.
--
I have a TP-LINK TL-WN822N Ver 3.0 which connects and works with the same router.
--
So the problem is that OHC dongle works with some routers only. Which has been explained well by schumaku above. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Using Wifi + Bluetooth Dongle as Wireless Adapter for Windows Chromie 3 1,568 10-18-2015 09:06 PM
Last Post: chris57
  WIFI and Bluetooth Dongle for Open Hour Chameleon martyanov 8 6,374 02-22-2015 02:26 AM
Last Post: chris57
  Bluetooth connecting chris57 17 13,344 12-24-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: openhouradmin