Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Samba file sharing app that allows sharing of USB HDD that is NTFS formatted.
01-23-2015, 04:05 AM
Samba file sharing app that allows sharing of USB HDD that is NTFS formatted.
I really had not expected this to be much of a problem but I'm struggling to find a way to do it.

After much searching I cam across this article:-
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1383
Which is a great article, tried looking for the developers builds and the link is dead.

However in another thread where it appears that newer developers builds have been used users are having problems:-
http://forum.xda-developers.com/evo-4g-l...1-t2948039

Anyone successfully tried method 2 of the first link or got a developers build of Samba Filesharing around?

Now that's problem one however whilst researching it seems that NTFS USB HDD's are having additional problems due to NTFS kernels being missing.

I'm going to have a play with a 480Gb SSD that I got for £99 before placing it in a PC. It's in a USB enclosure so I can test using ESFileBrowser but I'm also considering going to usenet daily downloads on the OHC due to the lower power footprint. I'll test using the 64Gb external sd card and standard USB HDD as well.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2015, 03:49 PM
RE: Samba file sharing app that allows sharing of USB HDD that is NTFS formatted.
This does need to be sorted, and fairly soon. With the arrival of cheap Win 8.1 devices, and the fact that OPENelec on (formerly) Android boxes auto-shares all USB drives (I have an old MX2 with a NTFS USB HDD and two USB sticks that works easily) , it's a major failing in these more powerful devices. I only ever managed to share one extra drive under Android, and that was a Fat32 stick.
04-11-2015, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 12:43 PM by nickjack-pt.)
RE: Samba file sharing app that allows sharing of USB HDD that is NTFS formatted.
Now, I dont find this program.
Some one have this for make download?

Devices:
TV: Samsung UE55ES8000 ; Media: Open Hour Chameleon, RaspBerryPI, PopCorn A210.

This is my repossitory for KODI / SPMC
http://reponickjack.zz.mu/rp

Firmware 1.0.27beta / SPMC 14.2
the best for me

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
04-12-2015, 07:13 AM
The only way to get it working that I found is to use the Pro version of SambaDroid. That allows you to add as many folders from all of your USB and SD cards both internal and external to your Network.

Here's a version for you to test and confirm, its old so if you like it it may be time to invest in the current pro version:-
http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/crMpDWuN/file.html

Read the install details, you have to first get your settings and users created. Then restart to get the pro version before adding your shares from memory.
05-25-2016, 11:16 PM
with ESFileBrowser transfer via FTP 11.5 MB / s ,
sambadroid with 5 MB / s
because?
05-25-2016, 11:20 PM
FTP is a faster protocol

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
05-25-2016, 11:28 PM
and via WebDAV ?
thank you
05-26-2016, 11:11 AM
not a clue..... never used it.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
05-26-2016, 05:16 PM
because with this samba server application ( .funkyfresh.samba ) you do not see the root dell'OHC , but only the sdcard is looking hardisck connected to dell'OHC usb samba
although root OHC ?
thank you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ftp server o samba server pipor 3 903 05-25-2016 10:55 PM
Last Post: chris57
  Samba to Asus RT USB file sharing linus66 5 4,468 05-28-2015 07:08 PM
Last Post: chris57