Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Thread Closed 
Open Hour User Interface Tour
09-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Open Hour User Interface Tour
Hi All,

Here's a first look at the user interface.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users say Thank You to OpenHourSupport for this post
09-22-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Open Hour User Interface Tour
thanks for the video.

Is it possible to see the performance when in XBMC? Is navigation quite quick and stutter free?

thanks
09-22-2014, 08:40 AM
The XBMC navigation performance is fast in this device.

(09-22-2014 07:04 AM)monza Wrote:  thanks for the video.

Is it possible to see the performance when in XBMC? Is navigation quite quick and stutter free?

thanks
09-22-2014, 03:19 PM
if it's a mp why video without video play demo ?
why xbmc installation apart if 4k performance goes better with rk private fork ?
09-22-2014, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 04:02 PM by Willem55.)
They are showing what they build as a TV and remote manageable Android user interface.... as opposed to the mobile crap that is hopeless on the TV.

Why not fork?............. wait 5 weeks then buy one and you'll know... just like everybody else...
4K HEVC is not worth the aggravation of using a bad maintained xbmc fork....
most users have terabytes of content that need to play right and that 4K content stuff will come much later anyway....

Now a android xbmc that does HD-Audio passthrough and framerate sync with my display.... would tempt me maybe.
But hey as they say it's an open system load what you like...
09-22-2014, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 05:20 PM by Roby77.)
I would like to see the av mp performance, of android box is full all the planet

So i asked to them to see something, and from cm i would like to see av stuff

I don't care if is there is material on 4k and i don't asked it

Capisc e leggi meglio la prossima volta

Let cm reply, you are not a staff member and they don't need perry mason Big Grin

Ps:You can do the best open product but if you don't release the sdk or anyone develop for it you have an expensive object for nothing

Pensaci (think about it)
09-22-2014, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 05:45 PM by Willem55.)
You have an opinion I have an opinion..

Capisc e leggi meglio la prossima volta?
because the fork is only about 4K hEVC as you could have read on xbmc forum also...

As far as RK3288 SDK goes... dumb remark as you could have read on xbmc forum it's been release already...
And if you want to see RK3288 xbmc speed there is enough on youtube....

Stop trying to be smart and ask trick questions you bore us all with that..

We all know you on xbmc as the one with "never buy a cloudmedia player" signature (now removed) and a NUC fanboy.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Willem55 for this post
09-22-2014, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 05:55 PM by Roby77.)
i asked something to cm and you reply

it's not my problem it's a problem of your super ego that think to be a cm developer

and read above another user asked the same thing
So stop again your cross post forum member war you are boring

we ? again you speak with plural id

And yes opinion can change, i know it's dfficult for old people like you

take care of your personal problem and don't care about my question

i will not care of your in the future, take a life

ps:you don't understand yet what dev on xbmc told almost three times to you about gpl and fork

amazing Big Grin

+1 for me
09-22-2014, 05:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 05:55 PM by Willem55.)
Well most of that is lost in translation...Tongue

You watched perry Mason and call me old?
09-22-2014, 05:58 PM
i am a younger boy that loves vintage , my wife too

and yes my english is terrible

ciao
09-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Hopefully we'll get a break from your bitter ramblings if she sees you posting that she's 'vintage'.
09-22-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 11:35 PM by Willem55.)
Point is Roby77.... it's an open system and you can load any xbmc.apk you like best for your usage...
Nobody is forcing a fork or the formal xbmc.... you choose...

now get your head around that concept...

So tough luck.... openhour is not shipping with any (forked)xbmc... just like they say in the WiKi.
09-23-2014, 07:08 AM
You know that for now that best 4k performance are not from original xbmc

btw i also asked for xbmc video to check if there are or not lag loading xbmc so window and loading time of a files

i would like to see also the performance with heavy skins

and i don't understand why you and other user of nmt.com stay always in defeat mode while nobody got a player to test it

if you want to reply about it send me a pm
09-23-2014, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2014 08:38 AM by Willem55.)
Again I have no content on 4K so I can wait on the compliant xbmc release for that..... BTW I don't have a 4K display eitherBig Grin

As for loading and running xbmc I have no worries at all... the benchmark tests of the boxes make it out perform any other SoC solution.
So to think xbmc would behave badly on a quad core ARM CORTEX-17 is nonsense... go ask team Kodi.

And what I don't understand is that some ex popcornhour users who switched to some DIY hardware xbmc solution are now attacking CM for supporting xbmc with their new box.

You have been digging up and throwing dirt at CM and me personally ever since they announced on xbmc forum even your post here were extremely negative and insulting.

Some manufactures that have come out with a RK3288 based box are clearly violating GPL, but others like openhour are waiting on a compliant solution to come out of xbmc.
If this solution does not arrive and sales are picking up even these good willing companies will be forced to supply a forked xbmc just to stay in business..... do you understand that?

Do you also understand that CM has little influence on what happens in this chain:
Rockchip RK3288 SoC--Firmware--Android--xbmc.
They can do a Android skin for TV display and that is about it, for everything else they need to work with others.

What they can do.. and do very well is hardware build quality.
Using the right board design, picking the right components, production quality control and functionality testing... that's what they are doing now and posted that they are not happy yet.
And last but not least they know what heat does to playback quality and MTBF, unlike the plastic boxes or even sticks... they come out with a heatsink design where the RK3288 can transfer its heat to a large metal box.
Having a strong user support and forum has always been there ambition.
On the NMT forum we are still supporting users who have a 7 year old box... you think any of the companies who are shipping RK3288 now will have these boxes running in 2020?

Like you see I did not reply in PM as I have no need to hide my response.

4 weeks to go.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
09-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Again i asked also as other user for xbmc demo interface not only 4k play

I don't ask you to reply for cm so don't care again for my post, you are not cm pr

I don't attack cm , i criticized support after sales aka firmware

And i'm not the only one so think about it and think about xbmc staff about your adv on xbmc forum

I'm happy for open hour solution but open btw need support

And now stop you are annoying me i will not reply to your flame post

>>byez<<
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open Hour Chameleon Unboxing Video OpenHourSupport 7 5,794 08-25-2015 12:55 AM
Last Post: haQQo
  Review of Open Hour Chameleon dunneke 0 2,965 12-03-2014 11:06 AM
Last Post: dunneke
Heart The Open Hour Chameleon is now available for sale! OpenHourSupport 27 18,994 10-24-2014 05:02 PM
Last Post: rvp819