Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Movies won't load sometimes
01-16-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: Movies won't load sometimes
Forget homegroups.

You will be using user accounts and login details you will not be using password protected so turn that off. You also wont be using streaming using windows software so turn that off.

Change your Control Panel > Network and Sharing setting to match those in the Wiki ive already linked to. Then share the folders, then go into each and set permissions. Finally remember to use the user/login that you use when login to w8.1 when using Local Account.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2015, 11:31 PM
JayMarks whats the point of streaming from your PC to you Android TV BOX, why not only use the PC then?

I use a Android TV BOX because it only uses about 5W, and my PC uses 135W when i look at a movie and such, and
my NAS also only uses MAX 38W.
01-16-2015, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2015 11:51 PM by JayMarks.)
Amiga, there are many ways to get the movies from the computer to the screen. This is just how I am doing it. I now have established the smb share. I had everything correct except I had to change (let Windows manage network connections for homegroup to the other choice with users and password logins.) Then I had to add a password to the user account. Is there any way around this? Can I turn off the guest account? The Chameleon using file manager found my 3 movie folders under samba and connected after I entered the user and password. The Minix already has sbmc installed and I had to manually enter path but it worked. I am good now on the Minix and playing with sbmc. On my Chameleon, I looked in the playstore but didn't didn't find xbmc or sbmc that looked like the actual app? What is the best xbmc version to use on the Chameleon and where do I get it.
01-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Follow SPMC development in this thread:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?8363-SPMC/page17
beta2:
http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/public....e65bec3c3d
01-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Thank you. Spmc working on Chameleon now also.
01-18-2015, 02:31 PM
After using both the Minix and the Chameleon with sbmc now for a few days, I can say that they are both great boxes. I don't really see any performance difference. Neither box can instantly display all the movie fanart/covers when scrolling quickly thru them. (1087 movie library) Overall the performance is great and I am happy with both.
08-21-2015, 01:14 PM
How do these spam posts get past the filters> I am talking about the one about brands, which may well be deleted soon, I hope. I just don't see how they continuously get posted, when legitimate posters cannot put up a link before they have 10 posts.