Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

where to buy accessories?
09-11-2014, 10:38 AM
where to buy accessories?
keyboard+touchpads, gamepads on wireless USB dongle.... airmouse...
Will CM select good quality accessories and can these be bundled at purchase?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: where to buy accessories?
Looking at the CM website I got the impression that they were but until used cannot vouch for them obviously.

Also I'm thinking that there will be a lot fo third party Android hardware that will work and may be better.

They need to have a WIKI compatible hardware section with users adding their kits pros and cons.
10-05-2014, 11:53 AM
I hereby swear never to buy R****n products ever again.
10-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Glad I dont have to go through and delete spam posts here Angel

I have bought one of these :-
KP-810-10BTT
http://www.amazon.com/KP-810-10-BTT-Wire...03-5515838

Let you know what I think of it after testing.
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 06:25 PM by darucla.)
(10-05-2014 12:58 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Glad I dont have to go through and delete spam posts here Angel

I have bought one of these :-
KP-810-10BTT

Let you know what I think of it after testing.

I had a similar device (non bluetooth Pazzport) and it looked OK, but didn't work. So I sent it back to Amazon and they refunded. then I ordered a wireless trackball, as I already had a wireless keyboard (the matching mouse went missing when my new housemate had a cleaning fit), and that was delivered without the receiver. So I sent that back, and bought a Logitech K400, from John Lewis. That works fine. It's basically a grown-up version of the Pazzport.

Incidentally, that was for an MX2 Android box.

(10-05-2014 11:53 AM)darucla Wrote:  I hereby swear never to buy R****n products ever again.

Thanks for removing the offending post, although, my reply now looks a little random.
10-20-2014, 04:19 AM
I'll give it a go as I was first going to set up the Chameleon in the bedroom and move the A400 intothe living room. We watch for more TV in the bedroom on the Panasonic that we do on a LGTV in the lounge. Saving for a 4K set for the living room once early issues on 4k sets have been resolved.

So seeing the adopter issues I'm thinking of using the Chameleon in the living room now so having a small remote is not a requirement like before. I'll give the bluetooth ipazz a good go first but may move to the likes of this:-
IOGEAR Multi-Link Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad GKM611B (Black/Grey)
http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Link-Bluetoo...VNB2FRQKWQ

I see the K400 and the larger K830. I need backlit and the K400 looks similar in sized to the ipazz. Had a Logitech harmony so used to their products.
10-21-2014, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 12:46 PM by darucla.)
Have you received the OpenHour yet?

The K400 is about the size of a laptop keyboard. Very easy to use. The Pazzport I had was more RC sized. I think the other Logitech is backlit, the K400 isn't.

I do kind of wish that we could get the Logitech keyboard for the Ultimate Hub system, so that I could just have the one keyboard for everything. If that it how it works.

Just noted that the Iogear does have multi-link. Which sounds good.
10-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Yep got my openhour and the ipass bluetooth dongle doesn't work. You have to have an openhour Bluetooth dongle.
10-24-2014, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 07:07 PM by F6B_Rider.)
Not good, I sure hope my KeySonic 540RF keyboard/trackpad works with it, don't want to buy another one. I haven't used it since my Boxeebox went south. Have been using a Little Black Box but it has serious issues with Audio dropouts, although the Video is good.

*Follow up* The KeySonic USB mini keyboard and trackpad works just fine.
11-12-2014, 09:22 AM
(10-22-2014 01:04 AM)chris57 Wrote:  Yep got my openhour and the ipass bluetooth dongle doesn't work. You have to have an openhour Bluetooth dongle.

Bad news...
11-28-2014, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 02:25 PM by abacus.)
I tried FOUR WLAN Dongles and TWO Bluetooth Dongles. All didn't work - but they work with other boxes! It's a shame to pay a lot (+shipping) for OpenHour dongle!

Other (cheaper!) boxes have built-in WLAN & Bluetooth! I never ever would buy this Chameleon again! Angry
11-28-2014, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 02:38 PM by Willem55.)
And I don't use WiFi or Bluetooth on a fixed location box that needs a lot of bandwidth anyway.... so I'm glad I did not have to pay for that useless underpowered crap solution.
With anything you by check if it supports android 4.4...
11-28-2014, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2014 05:03 PM by Daveydguk.)
It's like Apple selling products which are not compatible with 3rd party products.

open hour is closed hour on this forcing you to buy it's products if you want this feature.

Reverse psychology is not an answer as to why I didn't need this in the first place.

P.S. cheap isn't always best including your recommendation for a euro plug adaptor.

When all the competition is giving this inclusive of the product this some how seems a shallow premise for a discussion.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
12-03-2014, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 01:31 PM by springtide9.)
Wink RE: where to buy accessories?
(11-28-2014 02:22 PM)abacus Wrote:  I tried FOUR WLAN Dongles and TWO Bluetooth Dongles. All didn't work - but they work with other boxes! It's a shame to pay a lot (+shipping) for OpenHour dongle!

Other (cheaper!) boxes have built-in WLAN & Bluetooth! I never ever would buy this Chameleon again! Angry

Maybe they should rename the device, the "ClosedHour" Smile
12-04-2014, 09:55 PM
The absence of WLAN is not a show stopper - never understood why a stationary media player needs this ... where WLAN does perform reasonable for HD streaming, you can always install an Ethernet cable.

Slightly different, Bluetooth (with some range) would be useful to pair with "standard" Android compatible devices like keyboards, keyboard/touchpad combos.

Last resort are the USB HID devices with typically proprietary radio protocols - ideally on 5 GHz.