Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

ac3 support
12-18-2014, 04:00 PM
ac3 support
I've noticed that ac3 does not seem to be supported when playing videos when using the included video player. Has anyone worked out a solution.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: ac3 support
i dont seem to get any audio from any player with movies etc. when not using XBMC
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
I used Mizuu and MX Player with Arm7 Neon codec and got audio. Try changing from hardware to software decode for audio. Also remember to check the MX Player forum thread at XDA as the legal issues re codecs and playback seems lets say fluid. You may have to use a hacked ffmpeg.lib to get audio.
12-20-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 07:55 AM by AmigaWolf.)
(12-18-2014 04:00 PM)grabsch.adam Wrote:  I've noticed that ac3 does not seem to be supported when playing videos when using the included video player. Has anyone worked out a solution.

We need more info to help you:

1. Is your Open Hour Chameleon connected to a receiver?
2. What do you use for Audio, S/PDIF or HDMI?
3. When you use S/PDIF, go to Settings/Audio and set him on S/PDIF Passthrough.
4. When you use HDMI, go to Settings/Audio and set him on HDMI Bitstream.

Now you have 5.1 Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS in the Internal Video Players, and MX Player.

And i use MX Player, and i do NOT have to use Arm7 Neon codec to get 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS.
12-21-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 07:56 PM by chris57.)
Maybe because you have a AVR that can decode and dont require the APP via the codec to do it in software because you do have an AVR that decodes and no direct connection to your TV.Idea

As always the best place for the latest on MX Player is over at XDA whre the developer has his own forum section. The licensing issues remain fluid and you may even find some extras to make things work when there are problems with licensing Wink

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-...t-t2156254