Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Firmware Update News
12-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Firmware Update News
Hi,

Here is where we are at:

1. Last Friday Rockchip gave us a patch on HD Audio for native player. We tested DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD HDMI Bitstream already functioning with TS and MKV files. We noticed sometime the audio will drop during playback and already feedback to Rockchip and they are working hard to resolve this at this moment. Once they fix the audio drop, they will apply the patch to BDISO as well.
2. 3D BDISO is working much better now and render the 3D effect correctly.
3. We have implemented the NFS support in File Explorer and will include that into next firmware.
4. Rockchip told us they already released the pass though patch to Koying for him to integrate into SPMC but still pending on the release from Koying to enable that.
5. We also working with Rockchip on SAMBA performance issue.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users say Thank You to OpenHourSupport for this post
12-11-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Firmware Update News
HDCP handshake failure (which resolves in green/purple-ish images) ?

the problem of the green screen, making unusable the box with all your improvements? reminder, a raspberry does not have this problem and work better today .

can you tell if you work on it ?

thanks

TV : Philips 42PFL8404H 1080p (build in 2009) --- HDMI Cable : OHC inbox ---- Connection : HTPC to TV directly -- Nas Synology by NFS -- OPENHOUR : FW 1.0.11
12-11-2014, 03:01 PM
That sounds good. Smile

What about the menu in native player while playing 3D top bottom mkv files? It is completly unreadable.

Any rough date when it will be released?
12-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Quote:We already fixed the SAMBA video random stutters problem, so far didn't notice any stutters playing in 1080P60Hz (stream from our NAS) after applying the patch. We will test more clips these few days and plan to include the fix in next release which we target to release by end of this week. The next firmware also will support passthrough that enabled in SPMC 13.4.0 which Koying just released.

found in this thread from openhouradmin.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ndorphine for this post
12-16-2014, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 10:06 AM by chris57.)
Remember this is a NEWS thread from CM not a request or Q&A section.
12-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the firmware..
01-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Guys really, you got an update from Rockship for HD-Audio on 05.12.2014 with some problems.

"1. Last Friday Rockchip gave us a patch on HD Audio for native player. We tested DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD HDMI Bitstream already functioning with TS and MKV files. We noticed sometime the audio will drop during playback and already feedback to Rockchip and they are working hard to resolve this at this moment. Once they fix the audio drop, they will apply the patch to BDISO as well."

Now we have the 23.01.2015.

At least some update information about status of developing would be nice and really important for us customer.

Thank You!
[+] 3 users say Thank You to heinzd for this post
01-23-2015, 11:12 AM
(01-23-2015 09:45 AM)heinzd Wrote:  Guys really, you got an update from Rockship for HD-Audio on 05.12.2014 with some problems.

"1. Last Friday Rockchip gave us a patch on HD Audio for native player. We tested DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD HDMI Bitstream already functioning with TS and MKV files. We noticed sometime the audio will drop during playback and already feedback to Rockchip and they are working hard to resolve this at this moment. Once they fix the audio drop, they will apply the patch to BDISO as well."

At least some update information about status of developing would be nice and really important for us customer.

Thank You!

Lastest update from Rockchip is they are working with their HDMI IP block provider on HD Audio issues.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to openhouradmin for this post
01-23-2015, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 09:03 PM by AmigaWolf.)
(01-23-2015 11:12 AM)openhouradmin Wrote:  
(01-23-2015 09:45 AM)heinzd Wrote:  Guys really, you got an update from Rockship for HD-Audio on 05.12.2014 with some problems.

Thank You!

Lastest update from Rockchip is they are working with their HDMI IP block provider on HD Audio issues.

So any news when we get the new Firmware with HD audio and all the fixes.

And is also the problem been fixed with "Video" Stutter and Audio effect?

You know, it sounds like a turntable that is hanging.

I have it with all Video Apps, also YouTube and TV Apps.

And have sometimes that when the Open Hour Chameleon is in standby, and i hit the Power button on the Remote,
that he will reboot.

And sometimes i will loose video signal also.

And when do we get a 23.976fps video on 1080p-60Hz fix in Internal Player, also waiting for that a long time now?

Thanks.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to AmigaWolf for this post
01-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Im guessing we all need a fresh card install when we have the basic fictional firmware which fully supports media playback. Ha harrrrr..

its off the starboard bow captain in the distance.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
I am thinking they have given up on getting Kit Cat to work fully as it is just designed for mobile touch interface devices. I hope they are concentrating on getting Lollypop 5.0 working seamlessly. I will wait a couple more months before starting to look for a fully functional player. I don't seem to have most of the issues others are complaining about but I use a high end AVR to process both Audio/Video. No audio issues at all, no crashing, no loss of video. I only have occasional stuttering of video and no HD Audio. Most of my files are AC3 6 ch DD/DTS so I don't miss HD audio much, as for the stuttering I only get it on a few videos after the initial few seconds before sync lock.
01-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Yeah. Some news on this would give some bob hope.

Tar.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
01-25-2015, 12:21 AM
It's a disgrace ten working days and no new firmware Big Grin
01-25-2015, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 12:54 AM by Daveydguk.)
Design a chipset. Then spend the next 2 years + development on software. Doesn't help when new products appear and your sitting in an old bucket.

Chris57. 10 days. There is new firmware out from rockchip but not from open crack.

Chris57. 10 days. There is new firmware out from rockchip but not from open crack. So many times the excuse that you are a beta tester of new product when it doesn't work. Give us the Ferking beta firmware then.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
01-26-2015, 12:32 PM
(01-25-2015 12:50 AM)Daveydguk Wrote:  Design a chipset. Then spend the next 2 years + development on software. Doesn't help when new products appear and your sitting in an old bucket.
Reality in the SoC market? Design a new chipset version, take the previous SoC SDK available, fix basic driver issues, and hand out to the implementation companies. Most will never complain - because of most products built on SoC are fire and forget - in car manufacturing "technical status of when this car was specified and designed, similar in home appliance, home routers, wireless access points, ... most users don't realize it s***s or it's outdated.

Mobile phone and Android tablet makers want to sell new products every three to nine months, and many are locked in to what the SoC maker does provide as an SDK - here the Android build we have. I doubt OpenHour has access to the supposedly most Open Source Android code. Otherwise, they would had made it accessible to us already.

And that's why we will most likely see a next gen SoC - potentially long before we will get Lollipop (even if announced with bells and whistles by RockChip).
[+] 3 users say Thank You to schumaku for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  20160329 (1.0.41) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 37 29,965 06-04-2017 09:57 PM
Last Post: Willem55
  20150213 (1.0.13) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 169 142,479 02-24-2016 02:47 PM
Last Post: Bloodsack
  20150601 (1.0.27) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 120 95,426 11-20-2015 08:11 AM
Last Post: chris57
  20150420 (1.0.24) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 27 30,077 04-30-2015 12:49 PM
Last Post: openhouradmin
  20150401 (1.0.23) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 75 54,498 04-30-2015 12:49 PM
Last Post: openhouradmin
  20141231 (1.0.10) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware openhouradmin 142 123,616 02-13-2015 10:18 AM
Last Post: btezB
  20141119 (1.0.7) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware developer2 174 189,383 12-17-2014 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kyocero