Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

App to restart or shutdonw Chameleon
12-11-2014, 10:10 AM
App to restart or shutdonw Chameleon
Hi there,

i haven't found a possibility to shutdown or restart my box. Isn't there any?

Which Apps are good for fulfilling these tasks?

Thanking you in advance.

Greetings from Germany
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: App to restart or shutdonw Chameleon
Hi,

The power button on the remote does not do the job?
12-11-2014, 10:31 AM
(12-11-2014 10:10 AM)Turbo-Master Wrote:  i haven't found a possibility to shutdown or restart my box. Isn't there any?

This feature already in our plan.
12-11-2014, 10:34 AM
The power button on the remote is like a sleep mode for me... I'm saying this because i'm using a 2.5" external usb disk, and when i hit the power button, the led activity of my disk continues to blink, touching my disk I can see that he is spinning. So the power button don't fully turn of the OHC completly...
12-11-2014, 10:47 AM
(12-11-2014 10:34 AM)Brain_Killer Wrote:  The power button on the remote is like a sleep mode for me... I'm saying this because i'm using a 2.5" external usb disk, and when i hit the power button, the led activity of my disk continues to blink, touching my disk I can see that he is spinning. So the power button don't fully turn of the OHC completly...

Currently the Power button only put the device in Standby. We plan to implement press and hold the Power button to bring up option for user to Shutdown or Restart device.
[+] 5 users say Thank You to openhouradmin for this post
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
(12-11-2014 10:47 AM)openhouradmin Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 10:34 AM)Brain_Killer Wrote:  The power button on the remote is like a sleep mode for me... I'm saying this because i'm using a 2.5" external usb disk, and when i hit the power button, the led activity of my disk continues to blink, touching my disk I can see that he is spinning. So the power button don't fully turn of the OHC completly...

Currently the Power button only put the device in Standby. We plan to implement press and hold the Power button to bring up option for user to Shutdown or Restart device.

Great, Thanks for the feedback.
12-11-2014, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 11:50 AM by shark.)
and there is no app to do the job or a script ?
12-11-2014, 03:01 PM
(12-11-2014 11:49 AM)shark Wrote:  and there is no app to do the job or a script ?

If your device is rooted you can use for reboot a reboot app from play store. Just search for "reboot". It works. I haven't tried though to shut it down with such an app (I was afraid it wouldn't wake up anymore).
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dunneke for this post
12-11-2014, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 07:33 PM by shark.)
(12-11-2014 03:01 PM)dunneke Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 11:49 AM)shark Wrote:  and there is no app to do the job or a script ?

If your device is rooted you can use for reboot a reboot app from play store. Just search for "reboot". It works. I haven't tried though to shut it down with such an app (I was afraid it wouldn't wake up anymore).

can i root with 3288_ez_root(dot)zip
12-11-2014, 07:40 PM
(12-11-2014 07:32 PM)shark Wrote:  can i root with 3288_ez_root(dot)zip

I used the tool provided at freakshare forum: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...-Root-Tool
12-13-2014, 02:58 PM
(12-11-2014 03:01 PM)dunneke Wrote:  

all this app did not work no shutdown only reboot

i need help, PLEASE
12-14-2014, 01:29 AM
OH are bringing this feature to the next firmware release. So dont panic and await that is what I'd suggest as it can't be far away. A long press of the OFF button is what will turn OFF the player when its in the firmware.
12-14-2014, 02:01 AM
(12-14-2014 01:29 AM)chris57 Wrote:  OH are bringing this feature to the next firmware release. So dont panic and await that is what I'd suggest as it can't be far away. A long press of the OFF button is what will turn OFF the player when its in the firmware.

Thats good to hear, it's gone be the same as with Minix NEO devices.
12-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Why would you want to turn it off on a normal basis? In sleep mode it uses next to no power, and wakes up fast for use, if you turn it off every time you will have to wait through the long boot up process before you can use it.
12-15-2014, 03:23 PM
well for me is just because the USB Ports still have power when I put the OHC in standby. So the usb disk connected to the port continues working/spinning, and I simply want that when i turn off / standby my OHC the USB Disk connected stops working to...