Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Thread Closed 
BAD COMPANY CULTURE <= OpenHour
12-11-2014, 07:55 AM
BAD COMPANY CULTURE <= OpenHour
WARNING: must think several times before decide to buy OpenHour Chameleon.
The manufacturer is CloudMedia/ Syabas. Culture of this company is bad. They lack 'SENSE of RESPONSIBILITY' culture, especially for post-product. I have an PopCornHour C-200. This C-200 has several bugs with several certain type of media files. I complain to CloudMedia, and they tell me to ship the affected files to their HQ address in Malaysia. So I burnt the files to DVD and shipped it to CloudMedia HQ in Malaysia. Upon received the files, they examined it and admit that C-200 failed to process these files properly. And they email me, said "we don't have time and resource to fix the firmware". The problem is not about old processor issue because A400/A410 with newest processor failed, too. Surely they can fix the firmware to handle these files if they have 'sense of responsibility' to spent effort to do that.
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2014, 08:34 AM
RE: BAD COMPANY CULTURE <= OpenHour
and did you share those files on the networkmediatank forum?
Did they by any chance come out of you videocamera in a proprietary format that needed conversion?
What is your username on the networkmediatank forum so we can check this history?
Could you tell us what mediaplayer company has a better reputation for after sales support?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
12-11-2014, 08:47 AM
Below is my email thread about this:

To: Budiman Djaja Kusuma
Sent: Jumat, 13 September 2013 13:23

Hi Budiman,

Thanks for the message. Yes. Would appreciate if you send the files in DVD Media to our offices as below address

Syabas Technology Sdn Bhd
Suite 29A1, Gurney Tower
18 Persiaran Gurney. 10250 Penang. Malaysia
Tel: +604-371 2137
Please attention to Ms Jane Tan/ Ms. Eyvone Soo Hoo

I have informed your message to our engineering team. They are trying to reproduce the issues. If you have those test file ( especially the problematic MKV files), please send to us. We will look into it.

Once again, thanks for your value test effort to our products and the valued comments.

Regards
Jane
12-11-2014, 08:50 AM
OK I never said I don't believe you send the files, I asked did you share those files on the networkmediatank forum?
Did they by any chance come out of you videocamera in a proprietary format that needed conversion?
What is your username on the networkmediatank forum so we can check this history?
Could you tell us what mediaplayer company has a better reputation for after sales support?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
12-11-2014, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 09:02 AM by bottmann.)
And another email, reply from CloudMedia/ Syabas, October 23, 2013:

Hi Budiman,

Sorry for my late response as I was away for medical leave last week.

Our Engineering team (QA) had run thru your DVD files and had notified us the issues.
However, upon checking again with our engineering team, we apologize that, due to lack of time and resource, currently we have no plan to fix these problems. Hope you understand.

Thanks and Best Regards
Jane

(12-11-2014 08:50 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  OK I never said I don't believe you send the files, I asked did you share those files on the networkmediatank forum?

Due to big size of the files, i didn't share those files on the networkmediatank forum. Mostly, those files is not come from videocamera recording. Those files is ordinary mkv files that can be downloaded abundantly.
Beside, my forum member just active today. Back then, I shipped the dvd files directly to CloudMedia/ Syabas HQ, to make sure they handle it seriously, and I embarrassed.
12-11-2014, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 09:28 AM by chris57.)
So why are you posting here when this has nothing to do with this forum? Why would you not post on the NMT forum?

Post on the NMT forum and you could have got help with your files. You don't have to upload you can simply post the mediainfo output and that will usually tell us why the file is not playing.

Thread is totally off topic and has nothing to do with this forum. Start again on the right forum and read the rules as we do not allow posts quoting Customer Support as they do not read this forum and will not be able to explain or put in context their comments.
12-11-2014, 09:53 AM
this Chameleon forum is defensive, yet bureaucratic-style chit-chat. Similar to policemen response to help-request, they prefer to throw the problem to other area/ division if they can. Absolutely no goodwill to enhance PopCornHour post-sales support and no goodwill to enhance responsibility to PopCorn past owners.
12-11-2014, 10:05 AM
(12-11-2014 09:28 AM)chris57 Wrote:  So why are you posting here when this has nothing to do with this forum? Why would you not post on the NMT forum?

Post on the NMT forum and you could have got help with your files. You don't have to upload you can simply post the mediainfo output and that will usually tell us why the file is not playing.

Thread is totally off topic and has nothing to do with this forum. Start again on the right forum and read the rules as we do not allow posts quoting Customer Support as they do not read this forum and will not be able to explain or put in context their comments.

Dear bossy moderator. Can you, will you, guarantee that if I post it to NMT forum, the problems will be reviewed and handled properly ? I'm sure someone else (among thousands of PCH C200 owners) has experience similar problems and post it, but disappointed by CloudMedia/ Syabas/ PCH, as PCH ignore C200 owners. Last PCH C200 firmware update is July 2013 and almost no single fix about format compatibility.
12-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Hi,

If we are defensive and bureaucratic, your post will be deleted on first sight.

We welcome constructive feed back however your issue has nothing to do with this forum dedicated to supporting Open Hour customers.

Both willem and chris are experienced PCH users and they are moderators at NMT forum too. I am sure they are able to assist you.

Thread closed.
Thread Closed