Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

OS A Piece Of Junk!!!!
12-06-2015, 05:49 PM
RE: OS A Piece Of Junk!!!!
And beating a dead horse is a waste of time, this box is dead, just needs to be buried, I as well as many others know this and have moved on, my OHC is a paperweight. I have had ZERO issues with my custom Chromebox, I admit it is some work to install the BIOS and OS but once done is just works like a dream, not one issue in months, I actually spend my time watching movies and shows instead of fiddling with it. I don't understand this dogged belief in a box that didn't live up to the hype and who's time is not only gone, but never really arrived.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
12-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi long time no see.
good to see you're happy with the Chromebox and have moved on.Cool

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
12-13-2015, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015 09:53 PM by Daveydguk.)
Sad thing Is people paid good money for something which was worse than the Xtreamer. All the Hype and bull of this product people are entitled to be pissed off. Cloud media don't appear to care anything about peoples remarks on this forum but they sure like to advertise on it when it suits them. It's a one way street run by people with invested interests.

My experience with cloud media products is the OTG port dropped off on OHC and it nearly screwed up a brand new 1TB hard drive due to poor power supply. Reminiscent of the Gecko power supply. Cheap Chinese crap with little or no quality control. The lack of customer support is legendary and the forum moderators are rambunctious, cantankerous quislings who only defend this debacle.

Strong words. But true.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
12-14-2015, 10:29 AM
you lost me at the "All the Hype and bull of this product" as I remember it on this forum even before sales started there where warning regarding the now still missing features.... yes there where promises of working with Rockchip to get the features delivered in a later firmware release but at the same time that was a declaration that it was out of their hands.
Even on the OHC website there where no claims regarding those features.... they were just assumed by customers and promised later on this forum..

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.