Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

HDMI in standby & behavior after power-loss
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
HDMI in standby & behavior after power-loss
1) What is the state of the HDMI port when Chameleon is in the stand-by mode?
Similar to A-400/410? (that is all HDMI switching capable equipment continue to recognize the HDMI port as active)

2) What is the state the Chameleon is put into when the power comes back after a power-loss?
Same state as during power-loss or stand-by? (like most AV equipment) Or like the A-400/410 that always boots into powered on?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: HDMI in standby & behavior after power-loss
(09-08-2014 09:56 AM)Diodato Wrote:  1) What is the state of the HDMI port when Chameleon is in the stand-by mode?
Similar to A-400/410? (that is all HDMI switching capable equipment continue to recognize the HDMI port as active)
We don't have HDMI switching capable equipment to verify the state. From the TV it shows "No Signal" when the device goes into Standby.

(09-08-2014 09:56 AM)Diodato Wrote:  2) What is the state the Chameleon is put into when the power comes back after a power-loss?
Same state as during power-loss or stand-by? (like most AV equipment) Or like the A-400/410 that always boots into powered on?
It will boots into powered on.
09-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Thank you for the info.
10-11-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 09:16 AM by Ptidav.)
Hi
Can we turn on/off (real on/off like on pch, not standby mode) the chameleon from Remote without having to use the power switch ?
Thanks
01-07-2015, 08:53 PM
(10-11-2014 09:15 AM)Ptidav Wrote:  Hi
Can we turn on/off (real on/off like on pch, not standby mode) the chameleon from Remote without having to use the power switch ?
Thanks

It would bi great when i can set it to Power off and not Standby.

My Problem is, when the OHC is in the Standby my HDMI ARC from the TV doesnt work. Only when i power off (power switch) my HDMI ARC it works.

I think when the OHC is in standby it send some signals over HDMI.

Hope its fixable
01-07-2015, 09:47 PM
(01-07-2015 08:53 PM)Skillphil Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:15 AM)Ptidav Wrote:  Hi
Thanks

It would bi great when i can set it to Power off and not Standby.

My Problem is, when the OHC is in the Standby my HDMI ARC from the TV doesnt work. Only when i power off (power switch) my HDMI ARC it works.

I think when the OHC is in standby it send some signals over HDMI.

Hope its fixable

Same problem here: after switching OHC to standby, the HDMI CEC communication for the complete equipment (Samsung HU8280, Panasonic Bluray, Googel Cromecast, Denon AVR) is broken. If i then remove the HDMI cable from the OHC then it starts working. Sometimes i have to power cycle my Denon X4000.
01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Try pressing the blue power button twice when in the standard UI. Therecare reports this turns the unit totally OFF rather than video OFF which is one press.
01-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Off topic, kind of... sorry
(01-08-2015 08:02 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Try pressing the blue power button twice when in the standard UI. Therecare reports this turns the unit totally OFF rather than video OFF which is one press.
That's an interesting one - can't see an obvious difference however, ie. the ubiquitous Android "Power off" pop-up triggering the software shutdown and soft power off.

Assuming you had a different experience - are you able to "power-up" it again using the remote power button from the status above?

The hard power switch is a strange concept somehow - as mentioned in a similar post - and should be substituted by a "soft" power button as we're used to in an Android phones/tablets if the above is feasible. Not a big problem - still convinced it's a good design for a first of kind by Cloud Media.
01-13-2015, 09:44 PM
No like you i see zero difference between pressing power once or twice quickly.

Those that see different please tell us what we are missing.
04-24-2015, 02:24 AM
Heya. Someone found a fix for this? When OHC goes to standby, ARC stops working. Tried OHC connected to TV or my reciever, same result. Another issue pointing to the HDMI is that the two external HDD's connected to OHC powers up (OHC still on standby), whenever I operate TV or reciever.
04-24-2015, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 06:43 PM by TBF.)
(04-24-2015 02:24 AM)Briffe Wrote:  Heya. Someone found a fix for this? When OHC goes to standby, ARC stops working. Tried OHC connected to TV or my reciever, same result. Another issue pointing to the HDMI is that the two external HDD's connected to OHC powers up (OHC still on standby), whenever I operate TV or reciever.

Yeah same here. When the OHC is in standby HDMI ARC und CEC does not function anymore. You need to kill the power with switch on the back or leave the OHC runing when you need ARC and CEC.
Its a damn annoying bug.
02-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Hello,

Old thread, but I can now confirm that the Chameleon's HDMI output remains ACTIVE, even when it is in standby and emits no image.

I have an HDFury 4K Integral matrix splitter which provides the above information.

It would be great to have the option to deactivate the HDMI output in standby, this would allow me to use the auto-switch option of the splitter: switch to the Chameleon input only when its HDMI port becomes active...

I wonder if there is any use in keeping the port always active?

I hope the developers can shed some light and accomodate those of us who need to have the port switched off.

Rgds,

W.
02-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Lots of users had problems with displays that didn't do a handshake when mediaplayers come out of standby.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Willem55,

Thanks for the prompt explanation.

In the meantime, I sent a suggestion to the HDFury guys, to enable auto-switching when a picture is sent from the concerned HDMI port, not only when it is active...

Their splitter lights-up when an image is emitted, so that might do the trick for people like me.

W.
06-21-2017, 06:33 AM
When A set the chameleon in stand-by hè boots up after 5 minutes?
Red led is on? But A have full controle over it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hdmi KristianDK 19 14,423 01-23-2015 01:07 PM
Last Post: Willem55