Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Remote learning issues & reboot command?
11-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Remote learning issues & reboot command?
Has anyone managed to successfully get the supplied remote to learn commands?
I cant get it to learn my Pioneer AV receiver's volume commands (and i've followed the instructions to the letter)

Also, is there a similar key sequence which reboots the chameleon (like on the PCH series if you press power toggle and eject in close succession on the remote it reboots/restarts the device). I find this really useful for a whole number of reasons (and yes I know i could get off my butt and toggle the physical switch on the device).

If this feature doesn't exist on the new remote, what is the best way of actually rebooting the device (or can we get a menu command to do that as I cant find one in the current menus or Android options)

cheers

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: Remote learning issues & reboot command?
(11-12-2014 11:58 AM)monza Wrote:  Has anyone managed to successfully get the supplied remote to learn commands?
I cant get it to learn my Pioneer AV receiver's volume commands (and i've followed the instructions to the letter)

You mean this instructions?
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Remote_Control

Your Pioneer AV's Remote Control is InfraRed?

(11-12-2014 11:58 AM)monza Wrote:  Also, is there a similar key sequence which reboots the chameleon (like on the PCH series if you press power toggle and eject in close succession on the remote it reboots/restarts the device). I find this really useful for a whole number of reasons (and yes I know i could get off my butt and toggle the physical switch on the device).

If this feature doesn't exist on the new remote, what is the best way of actually rebooting the device (or can we get a menu command to do that as I cant find one in the current menus or Android options)

Nope at this moment. Some android apps let you do all kind of system operations such as reboot, however the android need to be rooted.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to developer2 for this post
11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
I have had no issue with learning commands from my AVR, I would really like to teach my Harmony the OH remote's commands but it seems my Harmony has been dropped one to many times and the Ir receiver is trashed, it will no longer accept any commands. So I will have to wait for enough other users to upload the commands to Logitech for them to add it to their database. I could buy a new on but that's $250.... and Xmas is coming.
11-12-2014, 11:11 PM
hmmm I wonder if it's a Pioneer issue (and yes it's an ir remote developer2).

ill try with another brand remote to see if it works.

cheers

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-13-2014, 02:05 AM
I got my TV vol and off buttons learnt onto the new remote. Good wife acceptance factorSmile
11-13-2014, 04:00 AM
Yeah I have a Pioneer AMP and could not make it learn the volume buttons. It would take other buttons from the Pioneer, like the "function" (change input source). Just something special about the repeat keys like Volume
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lundman for this post
01-07-2015, 03:32 AM
Is there a way to assign "Info" (pressing I in SPMC to bring up movie info, elapse time etc) to OHC TV learning buttons?

I successfully assign volume up, down, mute for Yamaha A730.
01-08-2015, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 01:49 AM by AmigaWolf.)
(01-07-2015 03:32 AM)breonwei Wrote:  Is there a way to assign "Info" (pressing I in SPMC to bring up movie info, elapse time etc) to OHC TV learning buttons?

I successfully assign volume up, down, mute for Yamaha A730.

I successfully assign volume up, down, mute and Power with my Onkyo TX-NR609, now i don't have to
use my Onkyo TX-NR609 remote anymore, and that's also great because the volume button is busted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Issues with external HDD afss 6 3,674 06-13-2015 06:26 PM
Last Post: afss