Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

A great Movie app
11-03-2014, 01:04 AM
A great Movie app
Been using this Movie/TV app similar to YAMJ.
Get it from the Google app store. Its called Mizuu.
Lots of setting for scrappers etc.
Check it out.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to Schrooms for this post
11-03-2014, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 10:44 AM by Willem55.)
RE: A great Movie app
look promising and it's cheap and opensource...

Testing it right now and I'm impressed.
Set MX player Pro as default playback engine and after running through the settings it plays better than xbmc.
Scraping from my NAS boxes is going very fast.
List display options and filters are way more usable than any I seen before.

Got to do a lot more testing but I think we have a winner..
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
11-03-2014, 07:50 PM
It's way more functional than kodi it works perfect with MC player Pro with the ARM7(NEON) driver.
Scraping covers and fanart is superfast and it stores it on the second SD.
It's playing from the 10 drives attached to my A400 an 4 NAS boxes.
Scraped 2349 movies in 3 hours with 12 manual corrections needed.
40 TV series scraped flawless.
It has a huge amount of extra info... select one actors from a movie it gives the bio move right it gives all the posters of movies he/she played in.... select one movie you get the full info of that movie...

It does trailers for the next two months or so.

best jukebox I've seen in a long time.
11-03-2014, 09:56 PM
(11-03-2014 07:50 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  It's way more functional than kodi it works perfect with MC player Pro with the ARM7(NEON) driver.
Scraping covers and fanart is superfast and it stores it on the second SD.
It's playing from the 10 drives attached to my A400 an 4 NAS boxes.
Scraped 2349 movies in 3 hours with 12 manual corrections needed.
40 TV series scraped flawless.
It has a huge amount of extra info... select one actors from a movie it gives the bio move right it gives all the posters of movies he/she played in.... select one movie you get the full info of that movie...

It does trailers for the next two months or so.

best jukebox I've seen in a long time.

I am truly impressed also. Did not hesitate to purchase the program.
Had some contact with the owner and was very responsive.

Also check out "Apex" launcher to replace the current home screen. Also one of my favorites and "Twisted Home Manager" to switch between home screens.
11-04-2014, 01:07 AM
I also had a play around with this yesterday and was very impressed as well! Thanks for the tip Schrooms (is the name as in mush"schrooms"? Tongue)

I'd love for this jukebox to support a remote app which I think would then make it even more awesome. I found the navigation with the chameleon remote a bit clunky and using the mouse is all well and good, but nothing would beat having something like Yatse controlling it from a tablet with the media library replicated to just point and touch to control. Alas a remote app is not something currently supported by the developer (its previously been asked as a product enhancement). Fingers crossed it gets some traction as I think this feature would be a great media jukebox. Ill more than likely purchase the pay app and reach out to the dev to get their thoughts

cheers

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-04-2014, 05:58 AM
what is mc player pro and where do i get it from, you mean MX Player pro?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2014, 06:23 AM
i think he meant MX Player Pro
11-04-2014, 07:34 AM
mizuu would be great if it had external database support :-(
11-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Darn yes I meant MX player Pro..

Database runs on the second SD I think...

@monza do try the remote app from Rockchip http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/RK_Remote_Control
11-05-2014, 12:54 AM
Can you get 5.1 audio out of MX player pro?

Nothing seems to be able to output 5.1 passthrough to AVR.

Also, if i try to seek it kills MX Player on most files.
11-05-2014, 01:10 AM
(11-04-2014 08:11 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  Darn yes I meant MX player Pro..

Database runs on the second SD I think...

@monza do try the remote app from Rockchip http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/RK_Remote_Control

Yeah but what I mean is I can have multiple XBMC clients all connecting to the same mysql server, and this way if I watch a movie on 1 device, it will be marked as "watched" on all devices.
11-05-2014, 05:05 PM
This looks great but does mizuu support NFS servers? Or only smb??
11-05-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 08:29 PM by cbr 900.)
Mizuu is a very interesting app. I used on my tablet to access contents on NAS. The only limitation I see is about music. AFAIK Mizuu is focused only on video content. Kodi, when better adapted to Rockchip, would be a one-stop-shop for both video and music. I have an A300 and I like to have NMJ for both music and video.
I'm looking for replicate a similar user experience on Android.

Regards, Enzo.

(11-05-2014 05:05 PM)leolopezdo Wrote:  This looks great but does mizuu support NFS servers? Or only smb??
NFS is actually not supported.

Regards, Enzo.
11-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Dolby Labs make most of their income by licensing their technologies. Despite the way that the company has transformed the cinema going experience, it is still not huge, and we have all benefited. Consider the amount of money made by the films using their technology. We could still be listening to single channel sound in the cinema, with the Academy Curve (and yes, I know that Stereo Sound has been around in cinemas since the 40s in one form or other and since the 50s as an often unused add-on to widescreen, but it was largely confined to big city cinemas with 70mm capability until the advent of Dolby Stereo in the 70s). Since going public less than 10 years ago, they have to answer to shareholders. I'd still say they are not exactly greedy. Perhaps people who wish to make money from using the technology at no cost to themselves could be considered greedy.

Pass-through is the way forward anyway, especially with licensed decoding available on some very inexpensive AVRs these days. This is why I still use my PCH-A410.

I have no connection with Dolby or any related industry, but had occasion some years ago to research the company first when I worked with a Japanese multi-national. and again later in an academic context.
11-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Please don't make the mistake of lumping Dolby in with the likes of Sony and Microsoft, both of which are much MUCH larger companies. DTS is partly funded by companies in the film industry as I understand it, but Dolby made its money, which is still not huge by some standards, from the licensing of their technology. Really, nobody gave a damn about sound quality in the movies until Dolby came along.

I am in no position to say whether the licensing fees are reasonable or not, but you can get TrueHD decoders in a £150 receiver these days.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to darucla for this post