Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Video issues with both xbmc ans Mx Player
11-02-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Video issues with both xbmc ans Mx Player
(11-01-2014 09:23 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  For those who want to play outside xbmc/kodi... My best result for now are with MX Player Pro with ARMv7 driver this gives me the best HW playback support over network.. activate HW decoding and be surprised by the quality.

How did you get MX player pro to see the network? Did you configure it as an external player for xmbc?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 12:56 AM
MX Pro has a option to select LAN and search for SMB server it found all the windows shares, 4 NAS boxes and my A400 with it's USB's in about 30 seconds.
I have not set it up as a playback engine in xbmc...
11-02-2014, 01:43 AM
(11-02-2014 12:56 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  MX Pro has a option to select LAN and search for SMB server it found all the windows shares, 4 NAS boxes and my A400 with it's USB's in about 30 seconds.

I don't see that option in any of the settings. This is the player that I purchased:
com mxtech videoplayer pro
11-02-2014, 03:59 AM
isn't it the one by j2interactive?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...player.pro

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-02-2014, 04:44 AM
(11-02-2014 03:59 AM)monza Wrote:  isn't it the one by j2interactive?

That's the one I have.
11-02-2014, 09:09 AM
(11-02-2014 01:43 AM)alexf1852 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 12:56 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  MX Pro has a option to select LAN and search for SMB server it found all the windows shares, 4 NAS boxes and my A400 with it's USB's in about 30 seconds.

I don't see that option in any of the settings. This is the player that I purchased:

Well it works for me same as it always did for my Samsung Note II android phone..
Do you see SMB network when using the Chameleon file manager?
11-02-2014, 10:12 AM
(11-01-2014 11:21 PM)mandinho Wrote:  When all the glitches are ironed out etc how do we fix the issues is it with a ota update or something just getting myself prepared lol

There are few ways to update firmware:
1. Offline update via USB.
2. Offline update via Micro SD.
3. Online (OTA) update via Easy Settings or Advanced Settings.
4. http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Bu...d_and_back
11-03-2014, 03:15 AM
(11-02-2014 09:09 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:43 AM)alexf1852 Wrote:  

Well it works for me same as it always did for my Samsung Note II android phone..
Do you see SMB network when using the Chameleon file manager?

I can see the SMB shares from the native file manager and play videos with MX Player. I must have misunderstood your original post. I thought that MX player had its own SMB browsing capability. But that doesn't appear to be so. In the MX Player forum, that is a feature that some have requested.
11-05-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 06:52 PM by chris57.)
A really nice jukebox to go with MX Player is Mizuu. Cost around £1.70 but it is dead easy to create a movie and tv jukebox and gives many options of display etc.

You can enter smb paths in MX Player, have a read of their site as I managed to get my NAS Music folder set as a SMB path. Think its the network stream setting and you have to have your SMB syntax end with a / and somehow have user/password incorporated. I know it took me a lot of reading over at XDA from memory. It still wont give you the jukebox easy of Mizuu which allows folder to be added and you can let it know if they are TV or Movie folders. It scrapes quick and gave good resuklts. It then had filters for last watched and also has a Trakt implementation.
11-06-2014, 02:06 AM
(11-05-2014 06:48 PM)chris57 Wrote:  A really nice jukebox to go with MX Player is Mizuu. Cost around £1.70 but it is dead easy to create a movie and tv jukebox and gives many options of display etc.

You can enter smb paths in MX Player, have a read of their site as I managed to get my NAS Music folder set as a SMB path. Think its the network stream setting and you have to have your SMB syntax end with a / and somehow have user/password incorporated. I know it took me a lot of reading over at XDA from memory. It still wont give you the jukebox easy of Mizuu which allows folder to be added and you can let it know if they are TV or Movie folders. It scrapes quick and gave good resuklts. It then had filters for last watched and also has a Trakt implementation.

no NFS support or external database is a dealbreaker for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Having played with the device last night, I made some initial observations.

Built in player (DLNA over nic)
* can indeed do passthrough with DTS etc, yay
* micro stutters
* no way to change from giant icons (makes browsing for what to watch horrible)
* crashes on ff, or jump forward.
* has occasionally large jerks, maybe once every 30 mins

kodi (SMB over nic)
* micro stutters
* no passthrough, sure you can turn it on, but if you play "channel test", you do not get rear or lfo.
* crashes on ff, or jump forward.
* can produce horrible static sound on jumps if "passthrough" is left on.

smbc (SMB over nic)
* micro stutters
* no passthrough, sure you can turn it on, but if you play "channel test", you do not get rear or lfo.
* better at ff and jump forward
* can produce horrible static sound on jumps if "passthrough" is left on.

Knowing it is still considered debug-build, I am not too concerned. It has real potential.

My biggest concerns are that the microstutters is from bad NIC driver, based on nothing
but past worries from other hardware like ouya and mele. I need to try local content to
see if this is the case (I wont use local contents normally, that's just insane).

At the moment it is a bit conflicting between using built in player, with passthrough but horrible interface, or
xbmc with acceptable interface but no passthrough.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to lundman for this post
11-06-2014, 03:21 AM
I spent a lot of time today re-creating your tests and got the exact same results -SURPISE-
The micro-stutters are the biggest item for me, my AVR will give my 7CH Stereo which sounds good,
so the video is my main issue. I cannot play ANY high bit rate video without stuttering, even some SD AVI
files stutter. I tested Avatar and The sound of Music and they are pretty much unwatchable due to the distraction
caused by the video blips. So tomorrow I will try to set up Mizuu with MX Player Pro and the ARM (neon) driver.
Hopefully that will work well enough to use this unit until the bugs get worked out. To keep the spouse happy I
will have to keep TLBB on the main TV until this one is ready for prime time, it plays big hi-def files well but I do
have the audio dropouts to contend with. Is it to much to ask that we get a streaming box that plays 1080P 5.1
surround sound without all of the drama.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to F6B_Rider for this post
11-06-2014, 05:23 AM
I was testing audio pass-through and had the volume up HIGH to check if anything was coming through my rear speakers and then I tried to change something in the XMBC UI and it went ballistic and I got the 'static' .... damn-well nearly crapped myself (and the missus wasn't too happy either) Blush

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Heh I just use something like "141642020 2013-12-23 10:27 ChannelCheck .m2ts"

but yeah, the static can be nasty.
11-06-2014, 08:16 AM
(11-06-2014 02:35 AM)lundman Wrote:  At the moment it is a bit conflicting between using built in player, with passthrough but horrible interface, or
xbmc with acceptable interface but no passthrough.

you could use mizuu as an interface/jukebox and point it to use the internal player.
Mizuu is faster and more versatile than xbmc.
For SMB playback I pointed Mizuu to my MX Pro player..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video streaming app mmace999 4 1,168 04-14-2016 11:57 AM
Last Post: Willem55
  Can you play 10bit or Hi10 mkv's on this player? Bloodsack 20 20,702 04-25-2015 05:30 AM
Last Post: Wanbyn
  internet issues in apps djomo 2 1,381 04-05-2015 03:46 PM
Last Post: chris57
  No sounds when play with native player hkfires 2 1,616 01-21-2015 06:32 PM
Last Post: btezB
  "Video" Stutter and Audio effect AmigaWolf 4 3,305 01-20-2015 01:05 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf
  Fix Video Stuttering AmigaWolf 18 11,901 12-20-2014 05:14 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf
  Movie does not run smooth in XBMC Danboy 16 11,333 11-11-2014 06:30 PM
Last Post: developer2
  HDMI audio issues - anyone else? papahawaii 1 1,656 11-04-2014 05:15 AM