Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Video issues with both xbmc ans Mx Player
10-31-2014, 05:21 PM
Video issues with both xbmc ans Mx Player
Hi, just got my open hour yeterday, configured it with Xbmc gotham and my NAS synology on SMB network.

Every video i play, from 1080p iso bluray to 720p mkv is laggy, not smooth at all, wih micro stutters. It worked fine on my A100.
I tried to turn pff hardware acceleration in xbmc, everything. But i guess the problem is from the hardware since this laggy problem comes in MX player too.

Am i the only one here ?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to VPparadise for this post
10-31-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: Video issues with both xbmc ans Mx Player
Are you using Gigabit network? Can you try this http://spmc.semperpax.com/ and let us know the results? Thanks.
10-31-2014, 05:46 PM
Thx for your answer. yes i'm using gygabit network, didn't change anything, and my popcorn hour worked perfectly. I tried SMP xbmc too, same problem, little stutters and lags, not smooth at all.
10-31-2014, 06:57 PM
(10-31-2014 05:37 PM)developer2 Wrote:  Are you using Gigabit network? Can you try this http://spmc.semperpax.com/ and let us know the results? Thanks.

even with this make no different at all.
10-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Same here, no luck so far Sad I had to switch back to my old Popbox V8. Also, if I I had known that the 24p framerate sync was not (yet?) possible, I wouldn't have bought this player Angry
11-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I'm using SPMC with only mediacodec hw acceleration enabled. It works fine and smooth with high bit rate mkv files coming from an nfs NAS.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to alexf1852 for this post
11-01-2014, 09:55 AM
this is pretty much my experience so far. I had the pch a200 for years and it works great. I literally unplugged it and hooked up my new chameleon in its place (so same network, network cables, hdmi cables etc). I haven't been able to play any 1080p video without jitter or audio drop outs.

currently debating wether to try and copy some files to a USB and try playing them via the native player (which is kind of pointless for my use since I have a nas for my media storage)

I'll get some mediainfo info logs but really I don't see why since the a200 plays all the files I tried without any problems (ie I know the issues arnt with the files, my network infrastructure or other AV equipment)

I'll keep testing though as I really want this to work! the prospect of xbmc and a more user-friendly interface are too tempting.

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Monza I like your Sig... bucket list... my bet is that we need to wait for Linux ubuntu/openelec for that to happen... but who know android might surprise us.
11-01-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 02:49 PM by monza.)
Smile it's an obsession!

had a bit of a mini "win" after playing around a bit this evening. although it may not be exactly what people want to hear, it's encouraging nonetheless.

From the main chameleon menu I went to "Tools" and then the "File Explorer" and had a poke around. In there is the ability to search a "network place" so I located my smb shares off my nas and browsed to some of the 1080p files. i selected a file and then used the "video" player (grey movie clapper icon with blue triangle) and low and behold they started playing much much better. still a little micro stuttering but nowhere near as a bad when via xbmc or kodi.

I also tried some bluray iso and those worked fairly well too, again much much better than when I tried in xbmc.

encouraging to know the hardware is potentially capable! a few issues still exist but hopefully they can be resolved:

- no nfs shares appear (I think this would help reduce the micro stutters since I always got better results on my a200 using nfs instead of smb)
- no hdaudio tracks (dtsHD / TrueHD) seem to work, although it does seem as though it's passing the audio through to the AV receiver (I only got the core dts track on the dtsHD stream)
- can't figure out how to turn off subtitles!
- random ordering of files in the listing
- Odd screen size used to play video (isn't using the full size of the screen and no way to adjust it as far as I can see)

As mentioned I'd like to keep chipping away at kodi and
I wanted to try a hacked kodi but this required me to replace the libmedia.so file in system/lib however I wasn't able to access the file (not rooted???) so failed at the first step. anyone know how to gain the appropriate system rights to replace the existing file with another one? (I tried via Es exploerer and the root option in that didn't work)

links for people interested (obviously use at your own risk!) :

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...ough/page5
(see post 66)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1494265

cheers

XMBC/KODI + Flawless BluRay ISO playback + Flawless Bitstreaming = I can die a happy man
11-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Add me to the list of disappointed buyers.Sad I've tried Gotham, night builds and Plex and nothing offers smooth playback. When I get an occasional smooth playing movie then the audio is out of sync. On top of that no HD audio. This box is not ready for retail. I also beta tested the A400 before it was ready so, I should've known better. I'll never learn I guess......
11-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Yes, we received a number of feedback about Samba playback performance problem last few days and we've verified and sent to engineering. So next week while engineers are in middle of adding in Samba functions to Native Video/Pictures/Music apps, they can also focus on this Samba problems and tune it at the same time.

Anyway, I hope someone can also try SAMBA with "Video Cache Settings" from http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/XBMC_/_Kodi

We already noticed cannot turn off subtitle problem, last I heard, the engineering should already did something on it for next firmware.

About replacing file, you can try ADB http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/An..._%28ADB%29
"adb remount" should remove the readonly. However, you need to be careful of what you are doing, one wrong move can be fatal.

DTS and Dolby passthrough already working in RockChip native player. Rockchip is currently working on HD Audio passthrough and 3D ISO (top of their list right now).

We tested Plex (not rigorously) quite a while ago on older engineering firmware and we didn't noticed stuttering. After the 1020 SDK that fix the Netflix playback and some other playback problems, we've somehow saw some other problems like XBMC/Kodi seek and crash, so, it may somehow also caused Plex to stutter which we need to double check.
11-01-2014, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2014 04:45 PM by F6B_Rider.)
(11-01-2014 08:14 AM)alexf1852 Wrote:  I'm using SPMC with only mediacodec hw acceleration enabled. It works fine and smooth with high bit rate mkv files coming from an nfs NAS.

I have SPMC downloaded and was thinking of trying it, I will now try it for sure, thanks for the heads up. It seems this box was not ready for prime time. I was a beta tester on both the Boxeebox and TLBB (still using). I have a feeling I will keep using TLBB on my main TV and hook this up to a spare Hi-Def I have in my Office for testing until most of the glitches get worked out.
11-01-2014, 04:59 PM
(11-01-2014 04:31 PM)F6B_Rider Wrote:  I have SPMC downloaded and was thinking of trying it, I will now try it for sure, thanks for the heads up. It seems this box was not ready for prime time. I was a beta tester on both the Boxeebox and TLBB (still using). I have a feeling I will keep using TLBB on my main TV and hook this up to a spare Hi-Def I have in my Office for testing until most of the glitches get worked out.

I should also add that I did the advancedsettings cache mod with 200MB of cache.
11-01-2014, 09:23 PM
For those who want to play outside xbmc/kodi... My best result for now are with MX Player Pro with ARMv7 driver this gives me the best HW playback support over network.. activate HW decoding and be surprised by the quality.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
jeez for a noob like me i get the feeling when i get back home to try this box its just not going to work for me, dont understand why a box has been released that has some many issues still?

Starting to wish i went down another route and just brought a box that had none of these current issues going on, i was just hoping to plug the thing in play movies over my smb and they would stream perfect however get the feeling this is not going to happen...

When all the glitches are ironed out etc how do we fix the issues is it with a ota update or something just getting myself prepared lol

thanks for any info

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video streaming app mmace999 4 1,165 04-14-2016 11:57 AM
Last Post: Willem55
  Can you play 10bit or Hi10 mkv's on this player? Bloodsack 20 20,669 04-25-2015 05:30 AM
Last Post: Wanbyn
  internet issues in apps djomo 2 1,378 04-05-2015 03:46 PM
Last Post: chris57
  No sounds when play with native player hkfires 2 1,613 01-21-2015 06:32 PM
Last Post: btezB
  "Video" Stutter and Audio effect AmigaWolf 4 3,300 01-20-2015 01:05 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf
  Fix Video Stuttering AmigaWolf 18 11,877 12-20-2014 05:14 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf
  Movie does not run smooth in XBMC Danboy 16 11,315 11-11-2014 06:30 PM
Last Post: developer2
  HDMI audio issues - anyone else? papahawaii 1 1,656 11-04-2014 05:15 AM