Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Linux distributions?
10-31-2014, 06:38 AM
Linux distributions?
If you google "RK3288 Ubuntu" you'll get results for devices similar to the open hour that are apparently booting Ubuntu and other Linux distro's.

Does anyone know of any off hand that aren't too hard to setup and play with? Perhaps downloading a OS intended for those other RK3288 devices will work?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: Linux distributions?
I think we are all waiting on Rockchip to provide the drivers that will enable hardware acceleration for video playback..
11-01-2014, 06:09 AM
I noticed a "lubuntu" build was posted on the wiki today (sorry, I can't post url's yet)

I plan to test it tomorrow. Does anyone know what hardware features this build includes? I'm looking for HD Audio passthrough for starters...
11-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Don't expect much at the start I see a lot of work in progress on github regarding RK3288 and linux but no major breakthroughs... not to many devs with a RK3288 box at this time give it 2 months...
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
need me some hd audio passthrough. i cant not have it
11-02-2014, 11:39 PM
As this box was aimed at video/Audio Pro-summers and Hobbyists I am very surprised that it was released without HD audio passthrough, as this is a must. It won't even do 5.1 passthrough. Bit of a bait and switch on Cloud Media's part. Had I known of the multitude of limitations on this box I would have gone with something else.
11-02-2014, 11:42 PM
linux audio passthrough should work on most linux builds. As its achieved through alsa. Android HD audio passthrough is another beast that has to be custom made until possibly android 5.0. But if there is a linux build hd audio should be workable.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to halfelite for this post
11-03-2014, 11:15 AM
there is a MK902II LE (Linux Edition)

Quote:The MK902II LE is the first mini PC based on the powerful RK3288 quad core processor to run a full Linux desktop operating system.
11-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Can someone test xbmcbuntu? It's based off of lubuntu.
11-08-2014, 09:02 AM
But only made for x86 64bit with no GPU support and not ARM