Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

OHC
02-25-2017, 05:56 PM
OHC
Can someone tell me wtf is going on cant install kodi 17.0 on this shit device.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2017, 06:57 PM
RE: OHC
No you can't the Hardware doesn't support Kodi 17 or the other way around which ever way you want to look at it.
This is all due to choices made at Google android, Kodi, Rockchip and Openhour.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
02-25-2017, 09:26 PM
firmware for Open Hour Chameleon is dead.
Like My Chameleon.

Devices:
TV: Samsung UE55ES8000 ; Media: Open Hour Chameleon, RaspBerryPI, PopCorn A210.

This is my repossitory for KODI / SPMC
http://reponickjack.zz.mu/rp

Firmware 1.0.27beta / SPMC 14.2
the best for me

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
03-06-2017, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 06:07 PM by alvoryx.)
(02-25-2017 05:56 PM)furqansaeed18 Wrote:  Can someone tell me wtf is going on cant install kodi 17.0 on this shit device.

Big Grin this makes my day ! LMAO ! kodi 17 on the OHC...

i got news for you : the OHC is terminated ! finito

with the latest beta firmware (only this is subject to Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin the product is terminated but still beta firmware Big Grin) I have no much issues...no more unsync between picture and sound, lag, stuttering or anything.

it's giving this actually truly genuine "Open Hour unfinished/home made product" feeling Big Grin I'm even starting to like it the way it is Big Grin It's a device you know where you went trough to be able to watch a movie Big Grin I'm remembering almost each time Big Grin like more than 1 year so that it only almost cleanly plays movies Big Grin

the only noticeable issue I'm encountering is the necessity to pay attention to properly exit Kodi after each movie and run a memory cleanup from android. doing this, i'm fine for more than a year by now.

it's ok if you play a few episodes of your favorite serie but that's it : don't try to let Kodi sleep for a few weeks and resume from where you left...your issues will begin from that point Wink

now I'm waiting that it breaks or fails playing new encoding's in order to look for a replacement Cool but never EVER this brand again Angel