Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Pointing client at Synology Mysql DB
10-31-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Pointing client at Synology Mysql DB
(10-27-2014 05:18 PM)skarg4 Wrote:  Hello,

One of the things I can do on the windows version of xbmc is to get it to connect my synology and maintain the xbmc database there.

Off the top of my head, I have an advancedsettings. xml file I drop in a specific directory. From my vague description, does anyone know if the same would be achievable on Android?

Hi skarg4,

I was also in trouble to connect my new Chameleon player with my Synology.
I succeeded using SPMC but it should be quite the same using XBMC.

Use the following steps from OpenHour WiKi:
1. Go to XBMC SYSTEM - File manager - Add source - None - key-in "special://userdata".
2. Copy the advancedsettings file to userdata.
3. Go back to XBMC Home UI and go to bottom Power button to EXIT properly.
4. Launch XBMC again for the advancedsettings to take effect.

Works like a charm for me.

++
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pippobimbo for this post
10-31-2014, 10:14 PM
(10-29-2014 08:06 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  The Easy solution would be for xbmc to change the install parameters in the xbmc to allow install on external memory or a setting that allows moving only the DB to external memory.

Alternative would be to install the 8GB NAND SD to a 32GB... I'm asking CM to make the Image file available.

People that move to mysql is not space reasons. they do it to sync multiple xbmc instances. Just moving the db to external storage does nothing to help this.
10-31-2014, 10:44 PM
the DB filled up the rest of the SD partition.. that's why i asked the option to move to the external SD.
10-04-2015, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 11:51 AM by Flausch.)
RE: Pointing client at Mysql DB
(10-31-2014 09:38 PM)pippobimbo Wrote:  I succeeded using SPMC but it should be quite the same using XBMC.

Use the following steps from OpenHour WiKi:
1. Go to XBMC SYSTEM - File manager - Add source - None - key-in "special: userdata".
2. Copy the advancedsettings file to userdata.
3. Go back to XBMC Home UI and go to bottom Power button to EXIT properly.
4. Launch XBMC again for the advancedsettings to take effect.

Works like a charm for me.

++

Tried this on my new Gecko, but it did not work on neither Kodi nor SPMC. I used the same advancedsettings file I use on my other Kodi devices (Raspi 2 and Intel NUC).

Either it doesn't wait for network to load or the file (or settings) is ignored by Kodi.
- I tried with static IP, which should speed up network loading at startup.
- I tried the advancedsettings file with windows and unix eol file settings.

Kodi Wiki says
"Sometimes it takes your dhcp too long before an ip-address is assigned to the local machine and the mysql driver are therefore not loaded. In this case the library will appear empty and will not show resumepoints and watchedstates. In that case run sudo systemctl enable connman-wait-for-network service on the shell or look for the option "wait for a network connection before loading" in the network options"

But how do I do this on Gecko? OpenElec's Kodi has these options in Kodi, Gecko doesn't.

Is this a bug?
If this does not work, I will return the device, because the shared library with my other devices is one of the main reasons to exchange my A300 with a Gecko.

PS: This URL limit for new users is driving me mad! It has false positives as soon you post slashes or doublepoints... Angry
10-05-2015, 03:56 AM
Don't get angry for the fact that like on many forums you have to make 10 posts before you can post URL's. It's anti spammer.

The solution is to simply place a couple of spaces in between and then ask one of us to edit.

As far as the A300 and Gecko not sure of the correlation as the A300 cannot run Kodi. The A300 is an entirely different machine and i cannot understand why people move from an NMT to an Android Kodi device and expect parallels.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

10-05-2015, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 02:34 PM by chris57.)
(10-05-2015 03:56 AM)chris57 Wrote:  Don't get angry for the fact that like on many forums you have to make 10 posts before you can post URL's. It's anti spammer.
I know it is an antispam thingy, but it even recognizes URLs, when there aren't any URLs at all...
It is a bit annoying, since I am a long time NMT user and active user at the NMT forums (started as a very early A100 beta tester), but can't describe my problem here completely, because I am "new" to this extra forum.
But never mind... Wink

(10-05-2015 03:56 AM)chris57 Wrote:  As far as the A300 and Gecko not sure of the correlation as the A300 cannot run Kodi. The A300 is an entirely different machine and i cannot understand why people move from an NMT to an Android Kodi device and expect parallels.

I didn't not expect any parallels to an A300! Where did you read that? Huh

The reason I bought a Gecko was:

1. I am generating a lot of 4K content with my camcorder and have a 4K TV to watch it. So I need my mediaplayers being able to do that.
2. I am already using two openelec based Kodi machines in living and bedroom. So I wanted to get an affordable third mediaplayer for my dedicated home cinema, which should also be able to play 4K and should be Kodi based, because I wanted to use the same shared library for every player I have.

These lead me to the conclusion that Gecko could be the right machine for that:
- Kodi
- low price

I did not expect Gecko to be anything like an A300!
What I did expect, was Kodi on Gecko having the same features as Kodi on my other machines.

Getting back to topic:

I had the same problem with my other Openelec based players. They started Kodi too quick, not waiting for the connection to mysql being established.
But Openelec has a setting in Kodi preferences, where you can define a delay for network start. By this, you can make sure, that Kodi can connect to the machine running the mysql instance with the library. This setting is called "wait for network" and is defined in seconds.

Here comes a picture:
[Image: The-OpenELEC-menu-with-the-wait-for-netw...24x576.png]

Gecko starts Kodi within two seconds, which seems to quick. This lead me to the conclusion, that this might be the problem. So my question is: How can I enable this option?
Here comes the wiki url (please edit):
http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_K...ttings.xml

Maybe this is not even the problem at all. But I do not know how to narrow it down further...
10-05-2015, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 02:57 PM by chris57.)
(10-05-2015 01:50 PM)Flausch Wrote:  I had the same problem with my other Openelec based players. They started Kodi too quick, not waiting for the connection to mysql being established.
But Openelec has a setting in Kodi preferences, where you can define a delay for network start. By this, you can make sure, that Kodi can connect to the machine running the mysql instance with the library. This setting is called "wait for network" and is defined in seconds.

Here comes a picture:
[Image: The-OpenELEC-menu-with-the-wait-for-netw...24x576.png]

Gecko starts Kodi within two seconds, which seems to quick. This lead me to the conclusion, that this might be the problem. So my question is: How can I enable this option?
Here comes the wiki url (please edit):
http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_K...ttings.xml

Maybe this is not even the problem at all. But I do not know how to narrow it down further...

Hhhmm....I'm having trouble with this too. Can't get it to read the database. Hope there is an easy fix.
10-05-2015, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 05:10 PM by chris57.)
I think there's a few things to add/discuss to try to get this moving:

1. Is is resolved on the OHC via the Advanced settings route?
2. From memory when there was the usual 'you've violated GPL' clamour upon launch of 'customised Kodi for Gecko', the APK for the Gecko Kodi version was unpacked. From memory, only .xml files were edited/added so would it be possible to the required code, for the wait for network from the openelec .xml files, and edit the Gecko ones?
3. Can the Kodi or Openelec forum assist re this being a potential omitted option? I mention this as SPMC had some Kodi features 'missing' that as soon as mentioned koying he implemented to SPMC.
4. If we can get the code then happy to try to email/push to see if its possible with OH.
5. Are there other ways of doing this within Kodi? I bet there is more than one within Kodi but it'll take someone with the know how.
6. I also bet there's a way to do it via the likes of the xposed framework addons/extns as well.
7. If its possible in SPMC and not Kodi on the OHC then what's SPMC doing that Kodi is not on android?

edit:
Did you read the other page of the thread like I've just done.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

10-05-2015, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 11:29 AM by chris57.)
I can't answer these questions, but I did dedicate my whole evening to search the net and tried different solutions:

1. There is a workaround in SPMC since Version 13.3.2: see http://spmc.semperpax.com
"Add option to wait for network (via xbmc_env.properties)".

http://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/How-t...ng-SPMC%3F

"SPMC supports a backdoor to wait for network before starting.
To do so, create a file name xbmc_env.properties (if not existing) in the root of your external storage (normally, "/sdcard"). Add:
xbmc.waitnetwork=yes"

So I did put that file in sdcard (and a lot of other possible directories)

-> No success!

2. creating an wakeonlan.xml with the right parameter should do exactly what we want: see kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan

The parameter waitservices should do this:
"waitservices [secs] additional time to wait after ping response, to allow server daemons to startup"

I tried a lot of different settings, but nothing happened at all.

-> No success!

3. There is an addon under system, addons, programm addons called "advanced wake on lan".

It has the right parameters, even for scanning the library with a delay after restart.
When you start it manually, it seems to sent a WOL signal to my server and waiting with configured delay. But at initial Kodi startup nothing happens.

-> No success!

Whatever you do, Kodi and SPMC start within two seconds.

Conclusion: Either additional xml files are ignored or there is something within Geckos system or its special Kodi version that prevents any of the above solutions. Sad
10-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know of a solution for this? The Gecko creates a new database instead of using the existing one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?