Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

ip static setting
05-18-2016, 05:54 PM
ip static setting
have upgraded to 41 firmware (sdcard burn) and now i can't set static ip.
The static ip setting does not allow saving only cancel is allowed.

How can i set ip static in 41 fw?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: ip static setting
Go into your router admin and give it a static ip.

I'll test in the meantime if its possible on mine. Had to turn on mouse in remote and press advanced or a triangle after deselecting dhcp or auto.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

05-20-2016, 05:50 PM
(05-18-2016 06:02 PM)chris57 Wrote:  Go into your router admin and give it a static ip.

I'll test in the meantime if its possible on mine. Had to turn on mouse in remote and press advanced or a triangle after deselecting dhcp or auto.

I do not have dhcp server.
in advanced network i can't neither deselect dhcp nor auto because there is no such items.
If i load lubuntu i have no problem whith static ip.

May be there is a bug:
If you don't have an ip addres from a dhcp server you can't set static ip.
05-21-2016, 08:22 PM
I have installed a dhcp server on my pc

The chameleon get an ip address but there is no items for disabling dhcp.
and i can't save ip static setting.

Addrmac of chameleon changes at every boot so i can't fix ip address in my dhcp server.

My conclusion is ip static setting is impossible on chameleon firmware 41.

I have downgraded the firmware to the previous version and i have the same problem.
But previously with the same firmware i have ip static setting!

Great mystery !!!
05-21-2016, 08:35 PM
so I think you are not working with the SD card that came with the Chameleon but created your own and forgot the last step in the creation proces http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Bu...to_SD_Card

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Willem55 for this post
05-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Does this has to be done with every software release for the OpenHour, or just with every newly used SD card?
"Burn" suggests that you provide your OH with a permanent MAC address, but to my best knowledge I know that the MAC address comes every NIC adapter.

So, why the last process? Is that a typical Android related thing? Shouldn't there be a softwareplugin that reveales the MAC address of the OpenHour?
05-22-2016, 04:06 PM
the MAC address indeed comes with the NIC (read bottom of the box) and needs to be hard coded in the OS, if you make a new OS on a new SD card the MAC needs to be written again.
It's the OS that handles the DHCP IP request and not the NIC.

A software plugin so you don't need to read the bottom of the box....?

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
05-22-2016, 07:12 PM
I ment a softwareplugin in the OS that reveals/recognizes the MAC address. Like you mentione, the OS handles the ip strategy.
Or is it the independency of the (Android) OS, which uses different ways of communication with the different NIC's on cell-phones, Mediaplayers and tv's?

The OH is the first device I bought with this "behaviour". My opensource satellite receiver doesn't have this.

But thanks for the info.
05-22-2016, 08:36 PM
Firmware as a layer below the OS is also on the SD card.... that's why it's called Chameleon so you can load the LUbuntu on the next SD card

05-23-2016, 05:14 PM
(05-21-2016 08:35 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  so I think you are not working with the SD card that came with the Chameleon but created your own and forgot the last step in the creation proces

I don't have a window pc. Is there a linux tool for doing this ?
05-23-2016, 05:59 PM
A Linux tool? not that I'm aware of...

05-28-2016, 12:57 PM
every time you restart the ohc change the mac address. it is impossible to give a static ip .
I 'm wrong ?
thank you
05-28-2016, 07:15 PM
start reading from post #1

05-29-2016, 12:54 AM
I have to do this ?
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/Bu...to_SD_Card

there is no other way?
05-29-2016, 09:55 AM
use the original SD