Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Netflix update, FYI
02-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Netflix update, FYI
For what's worth, I contacted Netflix last Thursday and asked them about the support for HD on my recently bought Chameleon.

Here a quote from a part of the conversation:

You
Despite my made setting to stream HD at my account settings, it doesn't stream HD to the Chameleon.

Netflix Sxxxxx
Oh well, the Android one is very similar to the iPhone application. I asked you on this because I can see our system detects it happens that way, and due to it being a "Cellphone" (As far as our system can tell) it is limited to a SD resolution, assuming cellphones do have small screens. Currently I my engineers said they are working with OpenHour on getting their device certified so it can enjoy of Full HD and even 4K resolutions, and that will be coming in a future update of the device.

Netflix Sxxxxx
Right now I'm passing your feedback about this matter, so they can get to work specifically on it. We do really appreciate the time you took on helping us gathering this information, now you can leave the rest to us Smile

You
Thank very much in advance! I will wait for the result. If this could be informed by mail, that would be fine (as probably the app needs to be upgraded)
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2016, 05:34 PM
RE: Netflix update, FYI
Thanks for sharing, Netflix are going to lose a lot of customers pretty soon through their decision to attack vpn users. Most in the UK use vpn to subscribe to Netflix USA rather than Netflix UK. So there will be loads of subscriptions cancelled soon.

Lets hope that they improve their non USA service and quality of their streams. These devices are aimed more at those that'll accept 4k streams rather than bluray bitrates and HD audio.

With regards Netflix offering certification so not restricted to sd output:
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theate...d-netflix/

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Netflix zeusau 2 1,107 12-25-2015 01:18 AM
Last Post: zeusau
  Firmware wont update mamadubb 9 5,318 06-17-2015 12:15 PM
Last Post: hujknm89
Information Why do the Android apps not update Blackhalo 3 2,071 05-17-2015 01:33 PM
Last Post: Willem55
  Update to 1.08 beta langejg 6 3,718 12-28-2014 08:58 PM
Last Post: chris57
  Problems with update 107 and SPMC nickjack-pt 15 11,373 11-24-2014 05:04 PM
Last Post: chris57