Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Firmware thread cleanup
12-01-2015, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 07:19 PM by MormoraDi.)
RE: 20151023 (1.0.33) - Beta Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware
Eloquently put and spot on, @GEFORCE100.

I also think that Cloud Media could have done more to have a system in place to consistently record and follow up on user detected bugs and feedback. As much as I appreciate the effort done by this community, I do think that Cloud Media would be better off, by far, to tap into the individuals who have invested their time and money to buy and help improve their product.

No thanks to the ones who's only contributions are general complaints, though.

My 1.2 cents, I guess
:-)
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to MormoraDi for this post
12-01-2015, 08:22 PM
(12-01-2015 07:18 PM)MormoraDi Wrote:  Eloquently put and spot on, @GEFORCE100.

I also think that Cloud Media could have done more to have a system in place to consistently record and follow up on user detected bugs and feedback. As much as I appreciate the effort done by this community, I do think that Cloud Media would be better off, by far, to tap into the individuals who have invested their time and money to buy and help improve their product.

No thanks to the ones who's only contributions are general complaints, though.

My 1.2 cents, I guess
:-)

@MormoraDi

Thanks for your thumbs up Smile Insofar as the issue you mention entailing a streamlined feedback and status system, which could be implemented by Cloud Media to enhance the firmware update process, I also believe (and this assumes I read you correctly) to have made reference to such idea in my thread on this forum, for which I make reference here. My thoughts are this could be achieved via the Wiki infrastructure already in place together with granting select user editing rights in order to keep it tidy and consistent. This would then equally act as a means through which Cloud Media could communicate their handling of reported bugs and suggestions alike.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to GFORCE100 for this post
12-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Do not shoot the messenger but you will not get a bug reporting system. We have had that before with the NMT and it was withdrawn some years ago. There are some windmills it is not worth taking a tilt at Don.

As far as a community WIKI we have that for the NMT. Unfortunately the community we not active and I update as and when I get free time:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/i.../Main_Page

What we need first are some helpful guides for new owners who are moving from say a standard media player like Realtek, NMT, etc. and get them up and runnign. Others tips/hints. Ive started one in the Kodi section but not had anyone else post anything.

With regards language changes please put them in a PM and I'll try to get answers as usually its an area that CM can look at although some things like branding the boot logo also should be easy to do. Removing the kitkat and put something else was one suggestion i recall. As I stated in the thread of yours we already have an existing thread diluting will do nthoing to assist in pushing things forward.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

12-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi...
I'm a long time user of OHC. I'm also now owner of an Shield TV.
I did a interesting fined when I used the Shield and HD sound. I get the same fault on that when the volume isn't at 100% as I get on OHC. Butt when I have it on 100% the sound is good.
I haven't tried it on the OHC yet. But I think it is something someone should look in to.
I hope this could help someone...
12-06-2015, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 09:44 PM by locki.)
I thing problem is somewhere in the middle of triangle, KODI Rockchip and Openhour ... http://www.vidon.me/support_vidon_xbmc/f...t/633.html

new Amlogic S905 have better support and should have also hd sound but also with external support and special edition of Kodi

if rockchip provide sdk with support + openhour implement it correctly + special version kodi = all works

but ball is still on Rockchip side Sad
[+] 1 user says Thank You to locki for this post
12-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Hello OHC team, please could you make an effort to release another beta before Christmas ?

Even if it is not a final release, any further improvements would be appreciated, so that we can enjoy the box over the holidays !

Thank you.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to afss for this post
12-10-2015, 09:52 PM
(12-09-2015 08:46 PM)afss Wrote:  Hello OHC team, please could you make an effort to release another beta before Christmas ?

Even if it is not a final release, any further improvements would be appreciated, so that we can enjoy the box over the holidays !

Thank you.

I wouldn't hold my breathe if I was you.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to GFORCE100 for this post
12-14-2015, 12:27 PM
I thought I would report an interesting finding with this beta firmware:

While Dolby Atmos is not stable using an external USB powered HDD in Kodi, when I tested a file via SMB share, it worked for the whole duration of the movie.

Pretty weird behavior, as I would think a local USB drive should be more stable than playing a file over the network.

Anyway, we are 10 days to Chrismas and I am still hopefull the development team could give us a better beta before the holidays !
12-15-2015, 11:42 AM
(12-14-2015 12:27 PM)afss Wrote:  I thought I would report an interesting finding with this beta firmware:

While Dolby Atmos is not stable using an external USB powered HDD in Kodi, when I tested a file via SMB share, it worked for the whole duration of the movie.

Pretty weird behavior, as I would think a local USB drive should be more stable than playing a file over the network.

Anyway, we are 10 days to Chrismas and I am still hopefull the development team could give us a better beta before the holidays !

If by local drive you mean a USB hard drive (2.5 inch) rather than a USB pen drive then I've also noticed issues. It's as if there's something wrong with reading files from a USB hard drive, i.e. Android, driver or power related. I've written about this too, though not from the angle you have (i.e. Dolby sound).

Don't let Cloud Media ruin your Xmas because it's highly likely they will. Best to not hope but be surprised if and when good things happen. With that said, such outcomes may not unfold until a change of management at Cloud Media. The current panel of people has a very inactive heartbeat shall we say. Even if you put the best developers in the world under the hands of such management, the former will come out mediocre at best. Even communicating with their customers (a task not requiring much effort or talent) isn't a job worth doing in their minds.

The countdown to Xmas is upon us Rolleyes
12-15-2015, 12:43 PM
(12-15-2015 11:42 AM)GFORCE100 Wrote:  
(12-14-2015 12:27 PM)afss Wrote:  I thought I would report an interesting finding with this beta firmware:

If by local drive you mean a USB hard drive (2.5 inch) rather than a USB pen drive then I've also noticed issues. It's as if there's something wrong with reading files from a USB hard drive, i.e. Android, driver or power related. I've written about this too, though not from the angle you have (i.e. Dolby sound).

Don't let Cloud Media ruin your Xmas because it's highly likely they will. Best to not hope but be surprised if and when good things happen. With that said, such outcomes may not unfold until a change of management at Cloud Media. The current panel of people has a very inactive heartbeat shall we say. Even if you put the best developers in the world under the hands of such management, the former will come out mediocre at best. Even communicating with their customers (a task not requiring much effort or talent) isn't a job worth doing in their minds.

The countdown to Xmas is upon us Rolleyes

Yes, I meant a USB hard drive (2.5 inch) - Initially I though it was power related, but I think is more driver related now (having placed a powered hub and a Y-splice USB cable for external power - it did not make a difference).

I am still optimistic on getting something before year end, but will not allow Cloud Media ruin my Christmas :-)
12-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Anybody there from Cloud Media ? Any news on new firmware ?
12-23-2015, 10:28 AM
(12-22-2015 06:53 PM)afss Wrote:  Anybody there from Cloud Media ? Any news on new firmware ?

As we have said many times this is not the place to ask questions of Cloud Media. It is our forum as owners to help one another. It is not CM support or customer service department, this is our forum.

Keep the threads clear so that issues are easily identifiable via Willems list.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

12-23-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2015 07:55 PM by Daveydguk.)
It's a one way street. Cloud Media advertise the products on the forum but don't want to take any interest in the customer on this forum. Sort of makes you wonder why the forum has the title openhourlab if they are not prepared to use it to have two way communication with their customers. Head in sand like an ostrich.

Resigned to being an owner's forum. Who's hosting it ?

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
12-31-2015, 01:56 AM
Frankly speaking, the OHC is the single biggest disappointment in AV-hardware I had.

I was hoping on this beta to clear out the issues with 23976, which it actually does. However, the audio dropouts even with DTS are unbearable (seem to happen after playing a DTS-HD file, only a reboot solves the issue).

If those problems aren't solved by the vendor, OHC2 will not be an option, this is killing their reputation.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to frustrated for this post
12-31-2015, 09:06 AM
(12-31-2015 01:56 AM)frustrated Wrote:  I was hoping on this beta to clear out the issues with 23976, which it actually does. However, the audio dropouts even with DTS are unbearable (seem to happen after playing a DTS-HD file, only a reboot solves the issue).

Hi this is my first post here. Hope U all have a happy new year..
i had the same problem before. i havent read the entire thread but yet, i solved the issue by only have
mediacodec and 23976 Rockchip codec activated in hardware acceleration.
DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD still working after this changes. At least it does for meBig Grin
Happy New Year
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Padawan for this post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] 20150601 (1.0.27) - Open Hour Chameleon Android Firmware jamaikajon 1 2,306 08-06-2015 03:13 PM
Last Post: chris57