Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

MediaCenter now seems to lockup after exiting a video
01-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Exclamation MediaCenter now seems to lockup after exiting a video
This just started happening: Play a video (located on an external USB 3 drive dock) through MediaCenter but when I exit the video and press the Return button to get me back to the main media selection tile window, it then no longer responds to the remote's buttons, except the Web and Power buttons.

Powering off then on usually resolves this issue, but it may again appear later on. It's happened to me three times already during one session.

This didn't happen before, but then again, I hadn't really used nor setup any other apps on the device.

I've been exploring the Gecko's other apps, finally connected my Google Play to my gmail account, and added videos to Kodi's library and trying out Kodi (which I discovered doesn't recognize the Gecko's 3D capabilities), then went back to MediaCenter to compare video playback experiences.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2016, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2016 04:34 PM by chris57.)
RE: MediaCenter now seems to lockup after exiting a video
I skip backwards and forwards between Kodi and the Mediacentre app without problems. However I'm playing material located on a network not a USB3 USB HDD.

I've noticed that you have to full exit Kodi before attempting to play form the same network location, do you fully shutdown Kodi before playing from the MediaCentre? See if that helps. In Kodi Power > Exit on Homescreen.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply