Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Help me
12-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Help me
Happy holidays to all, I am writing because I am undecided on buying a player media player. I am undecided between the obersmart s92 and open hour Chameleon 4k. I wanted to know if they were doing the upscaling of a .vob file from 480p to 4K 60fps. And if you read the .ifo file. I also wanted to know if you kindly supported both of these specifications.
Supported video formats: AVI / VOB / ISO / MKV / MOV / MP4 / MPG / TS / WMV / IFO
Supported Subtitles: SRT, SSA, SMI, IDX + SUB
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2015, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2015 08:11 AM by nipponico.)
RE: Help me
None of you can help me holders. I apologize if I asked for a comparison. I could use the information on 'Chameleon. Thank you

Has output HDMI 2.0 required to use the 4K at 60 fps?
12-28-2015, 12:46 PM
buy nvidia shield Smile openhour still shuttering on 23,976 fps or try buy something with new s905 chipset

nvidia shield is most popular device on amazon and s905 is very cheap
[+] 1 user says Thank You to locki for this post
12-28-2015, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2015 01:24 PM by chris57.)
Nvidia Shield fanclub have arrived Big Grin

See here for a 23.976fps firmware for the OHC:
http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread.php?tid=1110

HDMI2.0 is required for 4K at 60fps for certain bitrates. For others not, here's a helpful rough guide:
[Image: hdmi%20limites_zpsfz6orutt.jpg]

If you have a test file I will give it a go. It's xmas so we are a little slower than usual.

Try to give us more information on exactly what you want to use the player for and your setup etc. Then we can test and confirm.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

[+] 1 user says Thank You to chris57 for this post
12-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately, here in Europe we will never come to that you wonder if the open hour ol orbsmart s92 do the upscaling to 4K 60fps
12-28-2015, 08:42 PM
@chris57 sorry but it still not working properly Sad yes after one year! and price is almost same like nvidia shield and there it works ... yes it is very sad but rockchip wasn't able to fix it, and i thing it will never be fixed, I still keep openhour for 1/2 year and then i will sell it ... it was my worst media player buy in my life... 3x more expensive than rest devices with same chipset and same problems just in nice aluminium box and OS on SD card nothing more

and I am not in nvidia fanclub, ... I hate nvidia graphic cards and theyr politics, but for mediacentre and kodi it works very nice also with HD audio and you cant say it about OHC

little compare:

nvidia shield console released: May 28, 2015 no 23,976 fps shuttering and all hd audio works in last kodi 16 beta 5
OHC relased year ago! 23,976 fps video shuttering and no hd audio output, just some beta and no proper information from openhour company ...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to locki for this post
12-29-2015, 04:21 AM
For my own experience I will not suggest you to buy OHC, I put it aside and give up , I have bought it for one year, only slow improvement on firmware, not did what it was said to be, the company will be abandoned too
[+] 1 user says Thank You to hinball for this post
12-29-2015, 06:40 AM
I wanted to know if they were doing the upscaling of a .vob file from 480p to 4K 60fps?Help me. Orbsmart s92 or other players?
12-29-2015, 08:25 AM
http://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supported_formats

3.2.2 Video player
XBMC/Kodi uses a video-player 'core' for video-playback called "DVDPlayer". This in-house developed cross-platform media player was originally designed to play back DVD-Video movies, and this includes support native for DVD-menus, (based on the free open source libraries code libdvdcss and libdvdnav). DVDPlayer is based on FFmpeg and today supports all widespread mainstream formats. One relatively unusual feature of this DVD-player core is the capability to on-the-fly pause and play DVD-Video movies that are stored in ISO and IMG DVD-images or DVD-Video (IFO/VOB/BUP) images (even directly from uncompressed RAR and ZIP archives), from either local harddrive storage or network-share storage.

and there will nto be any difference between 1080 a and 4K upscale when is source 480 crap Smile
12-29-2015, 08:31 AM
Thank you. And upscaling ?
12-29-2015, 10:00 AM
he said that already.. upscale 480p will look exactly the same in 4K... so why bother...

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
12-29-2015, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 10:09 AM by locki.)
there will not be any difference. it is still look like same terrible quality:

[Image: Luther-Resolution-Large.jpg]

if you have 480 video in dvd quality it will still look like 480 video
12-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Excuse me very warmly, but do not speak English, I'm using the google translator. Only answer me with a yes or no to these questions.
1) These media player make an upscaling to 4K and 60 fps for 480p a file (or open-hour orbsmart s92).
2) They read IFO file?
Sorry again for the heart
12-29-2015, 11:54 AM
yes it will upscale video from 480p to 4K - 2160p or 1080p but it will still looks totally same! it will be still blured like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdAg3AbVSw

i thing is time read what i posted there before!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Features_and_supported_formats

3.2.2 Video player
XBMC/Kodi uses a video-player 'core' for video-playback called "DVDPlayer". This in-house developed cross-platform media player was originally designed to play back DVD-Video movies, and this includes support native for DVD-menus, (based on the free open source libraries code libdvdcss and libdvdnav). DVDPlayer is based on FFmpeg and today supports all widespread mainstream formats. One relatively unusual feature of this DVD-player core is the capability to on-the-fly pause and play DVD-Video movies that are stored in ISO and IMG DVD-images or DVD-Video (IFO/VOB/BUP) images (even directly from uncompressed RAR and ZIP archives), from either local harddrive storage or network-share storage.
12-29-2015, 02:13 PM
(12-29-2015 10:10 AM)nipponico Wrote:  Excuse me very warmly, but do not speak English, I'm using the google translator. Only answer me with a yes or no to these questions.
1) These media player make an upscaling to 4K and 60 fps for 480p a file (or open-hour orbsmart s92).
2) They read IFO file?
Sorry again for the heart

1) yes
2) yes

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.