Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Thread Closed 
Movie interrupting and black/grey image
12-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Movie interrupting and black/grey image
I have 2 problems which may be connected.

1. Sometimes a movie freezes for a millisecond or so every 10 seconds or so. It happens to that movie in the mediaplayer as wel as in Kodi. It plays perfectly fine on my PCH-A110. I have seen this in multiple movies.
2. Sometimes a movie shows a black/grey screen after resuming. After this happens, it does that in de mp as well as in Kodi. The audio plays normal and the subtitles go as normal, only the image stays. It is fixed after a reboot of the Gecko (only this issue, issue 1 is not fixed after reboot).
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Movie interrupting and black/grey image
I would suggest that it may be an older file that is more compatible with an older player than anew file using newer codecs that the newer player is setup for is having an issue.

I have not seen what you describe on either of my Android players. I have on my vten though after it uses a lot of psu and crashes. Are you using the player for a lot fo other things at the same time and the player is struggling. Can you close down the apps via some optimising app to see which causes the problem.

Finally see this and if you can repeat post it:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

12-28-2015, 02:25 PM
It happens with newly downloaded video's and movies. I do not use other apps, only Kodi and the Mediaplayer.
12-31-2015, 10:38 PM
Try a different SD card, the stock one if you've upgraded will do.

Watching movies and tv caps on the gecko most days. Happy to test one that causes you problems. Side issue but some of the recent dvdscr releases have some problems.

01-01-2016, 12:07 AM
I'm happy to send you my Gecko. I'm sorry to say it's a piece of crap. I have connected my PCH-A110 again. Works like a charm.
01-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Don't know why you want to send it to me I have one and I am very happy with it.

If yours does not work then contact here:-
https://support.cloudmedia.com/MyAccount...ofile.aspx

If you wanted a NMT replacement why did you not go with the vten? Then you dont have to rely on third party software like Kodi.

01-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Maybe I misunderstood, you said "happy to test one", what did you mean by that?

I thought Kodi was a good app for showing movie info. I don't know the vten. I had a A210 for a while and that one was also worse then the A110, so my confidence in the newer PCH products is not that high. Is the vten better than the A400 in your opinion? We're getting offtopic here ;-)
01-02-2016, 11:14 AM
I have a A110 somewhere and also a A210 and most NMT after that, now using a VTEN and a Gecko.
There is a big learning curve coming from a A110 to a Gecko and some changed network requirements.
If the move from A110 to A210 was cumbersome then I hope you'll have more success going to the Gecko because the difference is huge.
The Gecko on all levels is a superior player when compared to a A110 but it is different and needs to be in the right setup.
Don't expect a plug and play swap..... things have changed.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
01-02-2016, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 12:24 PM by Locutus75.)
Hi Willem. I am not a complete n00b here, but no one seems to be able to tell me how to configure the Gecko to play all movies without problems. I also completely disagree with you that the player is not expected to work without problems out of the box. It should! I have given the Gecko and this forum plenty of opportunity to not disappoint me, but it does. You say it is superiour to de PCH, but it definitely is not! Only the image output is better, but I can make you a long list why the PCH is far better than the Gecko. Not in the last place because of the issues as stated in this thread (and for which you also cannot give me a solution). I am not only talking about Kodi here, but also the built in mediplayer does not work properly most of the time. There aren't that many settings I can change also. You say the network requirements are higher, please tell me why a movie on the Gecko has stated problems and why it plays without any problems on the PCH. I play all my movies from my LAN.

I have posted other threads with other problems for which most also do not have solutions. There are more annoyances of the Gecko that I haven't stated yet, for instance I have a movie of which the Gecko player plays the subtitles out of sync. I can only change the offset 1 second forward and backward, what is up with that? The PCH plays the same movie without problems and subtitles in sync. Also the UX of the gecko is beyond crap. It shows a layout which is suitable for a phone, not a 65" tv. Furthermore, the bigger the movie (filesize), the worse the handeling of the Gecko is. If the movie plays, the Gecko has trouble recognizing (of doing somethinh with) the commands from the remote. Should I con on?

Willem55, the only thing you do is say "it must be the settings" or "it is the network" and "the gecko is superior". You don't offer any solutions or even suggestions what settings or network descrepancy it could be. You're no help at all, so it's best you shut up before you make yourself more gecko.
01-02-2016, 01:31 PM
the amount of setting mistakes you can make in a Gecko combined with Kodi is a multitude of those you can make with the A110.
The sheer fact that you state that there aren't many settings you can change proves to me you haven't discovered them at all.
But understand me well... we and this forum are not here to please or disappoint you.. so I'll shut up now and wish you well...

Thread closed

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movie interrupting and black/grey image (continued) Locutus75 0 572 01-02-2016 02:59 PM
Last Post: Locutus75