Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

BBC Iplayer
10-05-2015, 06:56 PM
BBC Iplayer
Hi. On latest firmware version for ohc and I get a black screen on bbc Iplayer video playback. The sound is present and menu works ?

anybody else got this issue ?

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 01:30 PM by chris57.)
RE: BBC Iplayer
Hi Dave,

Being from the UK and based in the UK I thought I'd have a go at installing BBC iPlayer.

I installed and tried to play a file whereupon it told me I had to install BBC Media Player for playback on my device. So I installed BBC Media Player which you can see along with iPlayer does not get good comments:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ayer&hl=en
Most popular one is it does not work.

BBC Media Player seems to assume that because you are running android you are using a phone and on Wifi. It wont download episodes unless its via wifi for example.

I got audio only like you from the one file I tried to play.

Now I then thought that the same would be true on the Gecko, however being totally different chip it may do better. Indeed when I installed iplayer i then had to install Media Player however this time after quite a long time the file actually gave video aswell.

So the Gecko works but the OHC does not along with many other devices. My OHC is rooted and my Gecko not rooted. Wonder if there's a check for this in the BBC APP as there used to be?

Over to you Dave to check if your OHC is rooted, cpu-z app will confirm in settings.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

10-07-2015, 07:00 AM
My OHC is not rooted. I wonder if the BBC have screwed up playback support for rock chip in latest media player ?

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
10-07-2015, 07:04 PM
I was thinking about you Dave on the drive home from work.Smile

Grab a logcat from the OHC when it tries to launch the video and put a report in to CM via the Support site:
http://wiki.openhourlab.com/index.php/An...idge_(ADB)

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

10-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Ok dude.