Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

[Gecko]How to change default video player to DVD Player?
09-30-2015, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 12:07 PM by chris57.)
[Gecko]How to change default video player to DVD Player?
Ok, I just got a Gecko and found the default "hiplayer" will not play many of my files and will not play DVD ifo's, after lots of frustration I found that another player called "dvd player" is installed (but you have to enable an extra context menu to find it) and it does play all my files correctly (except for the highest bit-rate stuff which hiplayer works with ok). Now I need to figure out how to change the default player to dvdplayer???? Even better I need it to associate the correct player with the correct files? but I most likely am dreaming to actually have a one-stop player for all my stuff............................

Yes, I have already googled until my fingers bled.

Please help!
Jmayes
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: How to change default video player to DVD Player?
Are you talking about within Kodi? I ask as this is not in the Kodi section, if you are asking about Kodi then I'll move it and from now on add [OHC] or [Gecko] as a prefix.

Have you tried Kodi if you have not?

Why not install MXPlayer or another Android APP if you are not using Kodi for DVD?

If you are using Kodi then there's a setting for disc playback IIRC, otherwise you can use xml to specify which player for which type of files:
http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

09-30-2015, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 04:46 PM by Willem55.)
(09-30-2015 02:33 PM)jmayes Wrote:  Ok, I just got a Gecko and found the default "hiplayer" will not play many of my files and will not play DVD ifo's, after lots of frustration I found that another player called "dvd player" is installed (but you have to enable an extra context menu to find it) and it does play all my files correctly (except for the highest bit-rate stuff which hiplayer works with ok). Now I need to figure out how to change the default player to dvdplayer???? Even better I need it to associate the correct player with the correct files? but I most likely am dreaming to actually have a one-stop player for all my stuff............................

Yes, I have already googled until my fingers bled.

Please help!
Jmayes

it's fairly easy.... load SPMC next to Kodi.

The Gecko Kodi is configured to run the hiplayer, SPMC like the default Kodi run Kodi's playback engine.
So either download the Kodi from Kodi.tv or download SPMC if you want to maintain the capability to run the high bitrate stuff with the Gecko configured Kodi.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-30-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 06:05 PM by jmayes.)
I was hoping since it was already built in and configured (and available via sub menu within kodi) that it would be a simple thing to change the default without going to the trouble of changing builds, I did buy this device with the understanding it should play dvds and any other media I threw at it out of the box and now I find myself in the same position as if I bought some no name android core off ebay. Open hour designers, shame on you, I bought a chameleon and it's still unusable after a year and now I gave you another chance at a out of box solution and again you have failed me, there won't be a 3rd time. Thankx all for the advise, I will keep googling.

J

Ok, I just loaded spmc and it will play dvd's by default but the hi-bit rate stuff is jerky. I guess it's one or the other without rolling a custom solution/config, to all that have not bought yet - don't believe open hour advertising, their android stuff does not work as they say out of the box.

J
09-30-2015, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 06:46 PM by halfelite.)
Use the advanced player config inside the installed kodi. Point dvd iso to open with dvdplayer and everything else hiplayer

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>hiplayer</defaultplayer>
<defaultdvdplayer>hiplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Change to

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

and actually there is a rules system to setup if you need even more fine tuning the file is called

playcorefactory

looks like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultdvdplayer
    <player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="DVDPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->
  </players>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="hdhomerun/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
    <rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="videodefaultplayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- pvr radio channels should be played by dvdplayer because they need buffering -->
    <rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
[+] 2 users say Thank You to halfelite for this post
10-01-2015, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 04:27 PM by jmayes.)
(09-30-2015 06:42 PM)halfelite Wrote:  Use the advanced player config inside the installed kodi. Point dvd iso to open with dvdplayer and everything else hiplayer

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

This is perfect! Thank you very much halfelite! J
10-06-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: [Gecko]How to change default video player to DVD Player?
Thread moved and Halfelite's post added to the Kodi Tips thread.

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

12-08-2015, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 10:47 PM by laromz.)
RE: [Gecko]How to change default video player to DVD Player?
Hello,
I'm new in the forum.
Thanks for previous topics, It helps.
I'm running the optimised Kodi for Gecko and this is my problem :

I want to play some videos for my kids with dvdplayer because the "auto play next video" option is not working with the native hiplayer.

I tried the advancedsettings tips and it's not working for me.
I'd like to use the playercorefactory method cause i want to keep hiplayer for specifics videos (hevc, high bitrate).

I tried this but it's not working :

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   </player>
   <player name="dvdplayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    </players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename="*/kids_videos/*" player="dvdplayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I also tried with "DVDPlayer" instead of "dvdplayer"

I tried with
Code:
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
without success.

Finally, I tried the reverse solution (this time with dvdplayer in advancedsettings) :

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   </player>
   <player name="hiplayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    </players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="hiplayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

tried with "HiPlayer" instead of "hiplayer" too
Not working, dvdplayer stay the default player

Any ideas ?
Thank you guys

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation BUG: Doesn't recognize Gecko 3D hardware Auggie 1 897 01-09-2016 04:31 PM
Last Post: chris57
  KODI - Audio: only stereo - Video: scattering HD alice07 18 9,004 04-22-2015 07:19 PM
Last Post: alice07
  Kodi and SPMC forum board change chris57 0 3,791 04-21-2015 08:48 AM
Last Post: chris57
  External Player not starting dunneke 3 2,311 11-19-2014 11:08 AM
Last Post: pippobimbo