Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

Chameleon Bugfix Requests
09-29-2015, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2016 01:30 PM by Willem55.)
Chameleon Bugfix Requests
Bugfix Requests
Lets try to maintain a list of confirmed bugs that we need to have fixed on the Chameleon.

Definition of a bug: A functionality that was in the feature list or can be reasonably expected to be, that fails.
Everyone with the same Chameleon with the same hardware configuration and setup should be able to reproduce the failure.(otherwise it's a defect that needs repair)

A bugfix request thread is for serious reports on functionalities that are failing.
A clear and detailed explanation of your hardware setup and system settings is useful.
A clear and detailed description of the fault and the way it can be replicated/confirmed by other users and Firmware developers should be part of the bug report.

List of user reported bugs: Minor -- Basic -- Major -- Fixed

1. 23.976 fps playback stutters
2. in native player AVR display switches between DTS-HD and PCM no audio on Pioneer VSX-920
3. in passthrough HD audio no audio signal is given over HDMI until plain DTS signal is given, after that any HD audio signal will work.
4. STR gets incorrect caracterset for Portuese ç, â, ã, etc.
5.[b] Playback of 24Bit FLAC audio is way to slow using the FLAC playback engine from the Openhour provided Rockchip custom Kodi.

[/b]

I will add the reported bugs to this list in post #1 so please check post #1 if your bug is already in here before posting... "me too" post will be removed...
If a listed bug does not manifests in your configuration please let us know.. it will help narrowing down the root cause.
Playback of downloaded content should be checked for "garbage in garbage out" before posting it here as a bug.... start a new thread if you need help.

Opinions on The Chameleon, Openhour and Firmware development should be posted elsewhere on this forum but will be removed if posted in this thread.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Willem55 for this post
09-29-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Chameleon Bugfix Requests
great idea!!!

1. 23.976 fps stutter free
2. HD Audio passthrough from Kodi
[+] 1 user says Thank You to djstx2003 for this post
09-29-2015, 12:41 PM
23.976 fps stutter added

HD Audio passthrough from Kodi is a feature request that actually belongs with Kodi development, Openhour might supply the fix in Kodi it but big chance that Kodi(™) won't like it.
Native player proved HD Audio passthrough is possible with this player.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-29-2015, 12:58 PM
(09-29-2015 12:41 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  23.976 fps stutter added

HD Audio passthrough from Kodi is a feature request that actually belongs with Kodi development, Openhour might supply the fix in Kodi it but big chance that Kodi(™) won't like it.

but we already see a video with HD Audio passthrough in Kodi.
i bought before almost 1 year Chameleon to work it with XBMC/Kodi as advertised.I think u should add it my friend. thank u.
09-29-2015, 01:22 PM
For some people (including me) HD Audio Passthrough is still an issue even with the native player.

This has only been fixed for certain AVR's...

OHC >> HDMI >> AVR Pioneer VSX-920 >> HDMI >> TV LG 55LE8500

8GB SD-Card
Firmware 1.0.33
Custom Kodi
Working DD, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD
Occasional audio drops (approx. once/twice in a movie duration)

16GB SD-Card
Firmware 1.0.40
Custom Kodi
Working DD, DTS, DTS-HD
09-29-2015, 01:46 PM
(09-29-2015 01:22 PM)Domi Wrote:  For some people (including me) HD Audio Passthrough is still an issue even with the native player.

please elaborate, I'm not going to do a guessing game here or 20 questions.

09-29-2015, 01:52 PM
(09-29-2015 12:58 PM)djstx2003 Wrote:  
(09-29-2015 12:41 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  23.976 fps stutter added

but we already see a video with HD Audio passthrough in Kodi.
i bought before almost 1 year Chameleon to work it with XBMC/Kodi as advertised.I think u should add it my friend. thank u.

Advertised as XBMC/Kodi ready... there are many XBMC/Kodi devices on the market that never do HD audio..
Before sales started Openhour said they were working with Rockchip and XBMC to deliver HD audio passthrough for XBMC..... work in progress.
So it's not a bug but an expectation waiting on delivery.. therefore not part of this list. sorry.

09-29-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 02:10 PM by tosh123.)
(09-29-2015 01:46 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  
(09-29-2015 01:22 PM)Domi Wrote:  For some people (including me) HD Audio Passthrough is still an issue even with the native player.

(Besides the issue, that only the Chameleon version prior HD audio playing are working likely with SPMC 14.2 or Kodi, so many people moving back .10)
Internal Player: In my case, often the Movie with HD audio starts without sound. If i stop it, and start a movie with "normal" DTS, it plays the DTS sound. After stopping that and restarting the first movie, the movie was also played with sound.

But anyway, nothing works right together with other features. If you install a firmware, that will decently run Kodi with DTS and Dolby (not HD variants), you get an internal Player without DTS-HD, without proper Subtitle switching, without NFS for proper ISO playing.
If you install the latest .25 or .27 firmwares, no incarnation of XBMC/KODI/SPMC will run without stuttering, Sound fading, Sound drops and so on.

So we can only choose: a Player wich runs decently Kodi not as good as a Raspberry, without resolution switching and so on, or you can have a Player with a poor mans videoplayer without settings, preferences for language and so on, with a miserable scanning of networks and a simple interface.
09-29-2015, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 02:15 PM by Willem55.)
(09-29-2015 02:00 PM)tosh123 Wrote:  (Besides the issue, that only the Chameleon version prior HD audio playing are working likely with SPMC 14.2 or Kodi, so many people moving back .10)
In my case, often the Movie with HD audio starts without sound. If i stop it, and start a movie with "normal" DTS, it plays the DTS sound. After stopping that and restarting the first movie, the movie was also played with sound.

OK.
in passthrough HD audio no audio signal is given over HDMI until plain DTS signal is given, after that any HD audio signal will work.

I assume this is using native player.

Not taking Kodi HD audio playback issues until that feature is in fact delivered and supported by Openhour....

this is a bug reporting thread keep opinions out of it or I will start removing posts

09-29-2015, 02:19 PM
(09-29-2015 01:46 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  

Sorry, I assumed this to be still a known issue. Here the details:

When I try to play videos with hd-audio (in native player) AVR display switches back and forth between DTS-HD and PCM but there is no audio at all.

AVR: Pioneer VSX-920

OHC >> HDMI >> AVR Pioneer VSX-920 >> HDMI >> TV LG 55LE8500

8GB SD-Card
Firmware 1.0.33
Custom Kodi
Working DD, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD
Occasional audio drops (approx. once/twice in a movie duration)

16GB SD-Card
Firmware 1.0.40
Custom Kodi
Working DD, DTS, DTS-HD
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Domi for this post
09-29-2015, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 05:03 PM by zark.)
1. Player can not restore network connection over Ethernet after loosing it. Reports lan not connected.

2. FileExplorer have some issues when connecting to SMB server (for me Synology NAS)

- can not force change connection using other account. It is possible after connection error by prompt for again login
- can not connect using characters others then letters and digits in password (SPMC can do it).
- on screen keyboard give no chance to confirm login using OK buton, must use mouse
09-29-2015, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 05:20 PM by Willem55.)
1. Player can not restore network connection over Ethernet after loosing it. Reports lan not connected.
What is the reason for the disconnect?... is this inside an application or inside it's own file browser?

2. FileExplorer have some issues when connecting to SMB server (for me Synology NAS)
Some issues... is too vague

- can not force change connection using other account. It is possible after connection error by prompt for again login
is this a feature request to solve issue 1 in your post

- can not connect using characters others then letters and digits in password (SPMC can do it).
Feature request not a bug

- on screen keyboard give no chance to confirm login using OK buton, must use mouse
you can navigate to OK button wit the remote.. and press enter

09-29-2015, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 06:38 PM by zark.)
(09-29-2015 05:19 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  1. Player can not restore network connection over Ethernet after loosing it. Reports lan not connected.
What is the reason for the disconnect?... is this inside an application or inside it's own file browser?

It occurs after power off lan switch OHC connected to by mistake.

(09-29-2015 05:19 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  2. FileExplorer have some issues when connecting to SMB server (for me Synology NAS)
Some issues... is too vague

Explained below.

(09-29-2015 05:19 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  - can not force change connection using other account. It is possible after connection error by prompt for again login
is this a feature request to solve issue 1 in your post

No. This occurs during proper lan working. If once connected to NAS no way to connect using another account. Try to rescan, delete resouce and still remember connection. Can not reset remote resources connections.

(09-29-2015 05:19 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  - can not connect using characters others then letters and digits in password (SPMC can do it).
Feature request not a bug

This is incompatibility with SMB that allows it. In my home network I can create new user specially for OHC with correct password but if NAS is outside my management?

(09-29-2015 05:19 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  - on screen keyboard give no chance to confirm login using OK buton, must use mouse
you can navigate to OK button wit the remote.. and press enter

I find only possibility to turn remote into mouse mode and then point OK buton to confirm.
09-29-2015, 06:46 PM
OK there is a difference between support request, unclear functionalities and bug fixes.

For these issues you should start a new thread and discuss it on the forum..
1 is normal behaviour if you teardown your network.
3 and 4 are inside Kodi not in firmware
5 if I can you can with the same remote.. try the navigation buttons.

09-29-2015, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015 07:45 AM by Willem55.)
For opinions start your own thread.
sorry guys.... posts deleted

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open Hour Chameleon seems to have died PJK 3 1,568 12-31-2015 07:53 AM
Last Post: PJK
  Chameleon is broken mojie126 8 4,570 03-04-2015 11:51 AM
Last Post: chris57
  Chameleon won't turn on purduethumbs 11 5,206 01-26-2015 09:13 AM
Last Post: Willem55
  Best way to turning off Chameleon properly denony 5 3,060 01-11-2015 01:07 AM
Last Post: AmigaWolf