Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
09-24-2015, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 07:42 PM by Willem55.)
RE: New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
they don't suggest.... they claim and that is the big difference.

Also it could be my English but they use the term "optimized" this sound to me like it's setup in an optimal way not that the code has been modified, changed or adapted.

Again for that to be true they could have used this feature in Kodi http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

when you're on the kodi forum say hi to looun for me. If he would have come out straight instead of the fools act he tried to pull this could have been resolved without his ban.
I've been reading Kodi forum too for some time now.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2015, 07:35 PM
(09-24-2015 07:16 PM)BigPines Wrote:  If the Gecko is in fact using an external player, I see no requirement to release any custom code. All they will have to do is point back to the official Kodi 15 source. I would like to hear an official response from Open Hour regarding their implementation.

I dont have a gecko yet. But watched the video that pop posted. isnt the pause of it switching switching video source then going back to the UI then jumping to playback almost the same thing the q5 does when launching external player.
09-24-2015, 07:49 PM
(09-24-2015 07:04 PM)BigPines Wrote:  I agree POPA110. If it is possible to implement these features in Kodi, I don't understand why these features haven't made it into the main branch of the Kodi code yet.

Well don't push them to hard on this subject, it's kinda religious.... and got me banned pushing for this solution on the kodi forum..
They feel they need total control over hardware playback and hate calling a playback engine that is not theirs..

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-24-2015, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 10:38 PM by chris57.)
I'm interested in this :
Quote:User also can use Hisilicon Media Center to mount their SAMBA/NFS and using Kodi to playback from the mount point which will gain better performance

Are they saying that the HMC is software that you can use to mount SMB shares and then if you use the HMC in Kodi it gives better performance than if you use Kodi with the native player, the 'optimised' kodi playback?

Anyone tested it to see if it resolves audio issues?

Anyone got any speed tests for SD cards and USB?

oGlad the fact that the Kodi UI on playback appears even when using the native player rather than a native player's UI which is where some of the optimisation as its named comes int play plus the clarification that it does not impinge it appears on anyones toes licensing or otherwise. Everyone is getting so touchy that the danger is that both sides of the coin begin to look the same to many.

When are we going to see a Lundman or POPA110 customised ROM? Are we rooting or not Big Grin

OHC > HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using standard Kodi(MC) 15.2 no hware/acc OK
Downmix stereo 1.0.40/RK Kodi(RKlib) 15.2 infrequent audio gaps hware/acc OK

No DTS downmix available for inbuilt eMC player

Gecko> HDMI > TV (Panasonic 42G20)
Downmix stereo using Gecko Kodi 15.0 OK
Downmix using inbuilt MediaCentre OK

09-24-2015, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 11:15 PM by BigPines.)
I tried to quote chris57 above and the forum won't let me because is says there is a URL in there. Man, that really needs to be fixed. It makes it impossible for a new user to do much communicating.

chris57 may be correct that an external player may be being used but with the Kodi UI. I just don't understand how that could be without modifying the Kodi source code. Either way, I like the experience and wish I had it on my Q5.
09-24-2015, 11:59 PM
I think I figured out the issue with the Gecko restarting constantly. I have a chameleon so I used that power supply and everything works now. Looks like faulty power supply for the Gecko.
09-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Great to hear that is sorted out! Sounds like an easy fix too. Smile
09-25-2015, 01:02 AM
Heh, I couldn't be bothered to find space for new power supply, so I stole all connections from OHC to test the Gecko. Besides, they keep sending me power supply with European plugs which is really annoying. Japan uses American style plugs. Smile
09-25-2015, 02:04 AM
So how do I go about moving the kodi database to the SD card instead of nand? Can't move the app so is there a way to make this happen?
09-25-2015, 04:31 AM
(09-25-2015 02:04 AM)grimmace92 Wrote:  So how do I go about moving the kodi database to the SD card instead of nand? Can't move the app so is there a way to make this happen?

** Oh baby figured it out. Finally the box we've all been waiting for **
09-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Still waiting for my box to be shipped..Rolleyes

09-25-2015, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 11:47 AM by Willem55.)
In this whole Kodi discussion regarding GPL the real question was never asked:

What happens with playback if you update Kodi from the Kodi.tv site?

Anyone try this with a nightly build beta?

09-25-2015, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 11:48 AM by Willem55.)
(09-25-2015 07:58 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  What happens with playback if you update Kodi from the Kodi.tv site?

Anyone try this with a nightly build beta?

Don't you think that Open Hour had to do this and give recommendation to satisfy their customers?
09-25-2015, 09:04 AM
(09-25-2015 12:01 AM)BigPines Wrote:  Great to hear that is sorted out! Sounds like an easy fix too.

Easy if you have another brick laying around.

Though this shouldn't be necessary, and if it's indeed the problem, OH should be addressing it by sending out power bricks that are sufficient to support the hardware. WTF do I have to go rummaging around for a brick that, a) meets the power specs and b) has the correct tip?

This is akin to selling a car that has a gas tank that the standard gas pump nozzle won't fit. Sorry, you'll have to go find a gas tank with the correct size opening so you can put gas in your car and use it.

PopcornHour A-100 | PopcornHour A-200 | OpenHour Gecko | WHS 2011 (10TB Storage)
09-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Nevermind that the gas pump nozzles are different, wrt to diesel and petrol....

The power bricks are both 2A out, so its not that its "too weak". Faulty is possible, but I didn't try mine yet.