Firmware: Chameleon (1.0.41) Firmware [18 APR 2016] | Gecko (20151106) Firmware [13 NOV 2015]

New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
09-22-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: New Product Launch - Open Hour Gecko
(09-22-2015 11:19 AM)Daveydguk Wrote:  Check this one out.

http://www.futeko.com/products/MP062.php

rockchip rk3368.

Lollipop and all the features we wanted from rk3288

HD passthrough only on pre installed application playback and not in Kodi.. so all the feature we got from the RK3266..

Which for me proves that lollipop won't be solving that issue...

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2015, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 02:39 PM by Daveydguk.)
Arm A9 is faster, both have Mali 450. Both only 4k 30fps.

what's different with chipset ? Image processing ?

The spec of himedia q5 is better and has better support. The Gecko can hide under the rock ?

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
09-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Hhmm. Am I right by saying with only 8gb nand anyone with large movie collection this box probably will not be of use? The micro sd card doesn't expand the nand so potentially you could be out of memory or am I wrong?
09-22-2015, 03:39 PM
(09-22-2015 02:34 PM)Daveydguk Wrote:  Arm A9 is faster, both have Mali 450. Both only 4k 30fps.

what's different with chipset ? Image processing ?

The spec of himedia q5 is better and has better support. The Gecko can hide under the rock ?

I think they are testing the Hisilicon water with a cheaper box at a lower price.. Hope it works out.

Some focus on problems and faults others on solutions and success... no question who is the happy one.

Chameleon 16GB SD 32GB micro SD <-->HDMIv1.3<-->Onkyo TX-NR1010<-->HDMIv1.3<-->Panasonic TX-P46S10 + 6 Bowers & Wilkins speakers.
10 NTFS 2TB USB drives on 3 hubs attached to a A400, 2 Seagate blackarmour NAS 3TB, 2 Seagate Central NAS 4TB.
09-22-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 03:42 PM by Willem55.)
(09-22-2015 02:51 PM)grimmace92 Wrote:  Hhmm. Am I right by saying with only 8gb nand anyone with large movie collection this box probably will not be of use? The micro sd card doesn't expand the nand so potentially you could be out of memory or am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong, media database can be stored elsewhere like external SD.

But for huge collections you might not want to use the cheapest box..

09-22-2015, 04:07 PM
I've bought a few Q5 players for friends.

Not a bad player at all. And plenty of firmware updates from chip supplier.

Y'know, I think, I think that a week from now, you'll be less in the mood for being amusing.
09-23-2015, 08:06 AM
(09-22-2015 09:34 AM)Daveydguk Wrote:  http://www.futeko.com/products/MP058.php

It's a wrapper. You can buy these devices from futeko.

Gecko custom Kodi is more than a wrapper. The wrapper approach will lost all the Kodi playback UI and playback directly with Hisilicon native player with Hisilicon player UI.
09-24-2015, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 07:21 AM by POPA110.)
Test 23.976 with my new Gecko Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTa1Gdtw_TI

Original file
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ei8el...77.MP4.mp4

OPEN HOUR GECKO test Audio HD Passthrough ISO BR 2D & 3D M2TS et MKV stream NAS Synology DS 1815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jPrC2Fb_X8

More test and pictures here
http://www.popcorn-hour-fr.com/forum/sho...8#pid57508

I cannot play my DVD files with Kodi and when i resume to play iso BR by example, the DTS-HD audio go to DTS core. You must restart the movie for HD audio.
If not for the rest he does what he is asked and it is already good news.
I use the network cable with switch gigabit and my Synology DS1815 NAS
[+] 1 user says Thank You to POPA110 for this post
09-24-2015, 08:54 AM
Is, or was this the Open Hour Chameleon forum ?

I don't want to read about the Gecko.

I WANT THEM F@@@@RS AT CM TO TELL US WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE HARDWARE THIS FORUM WAS SETUP FOR.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Daveydguk for this post
09-24-2015, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 09:05 AM by Willem55.)
Good morning Daveydguk.

This is the Openhour forum and it has two products. one is the Chameleon you have and the other is the Gecko both are Lizards I believe.

So if you don't want to read about Gecko then don't open threads about Gecko.

FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT CHAMELEON STICK TO THAT SECTION OF THE FORUM YOU m@##@N.Big Grin

peace

Grab a coffee and listen to this

09-24-2015, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 12:34 PM by lundman.)
I have my Gecko now Everything ok so far, good picture quality, jitter is infrequent (not perfect, but onpar with OHC). 23fps plays better. Pass-through audio also works, including the sample file that never worked on OHC. Can have infrequent audio drops. I think that too can be tweaked.

I am not experiencing any random reboots.

But, alas, Kodi will not play MKVs inside the RAR releases. Shows them, gets the preview image up, but fails to play. Plays the Sample mkv file though. So, for now, I will go back to OHC until this is fixed.

update:

Installed netflix, no issues there.
Installed SPMC to make sure things play from rar ok so that is an option, interestingly, passthrough audio was still working ok in SPMC. The built in Kodi can sometimes make the UI be unresponsive/lagged when playing high-bitrate content, which can be annoying (does not happen in SPMC).

But most of all, the small audio blips needs to be sorted, not often, but change in audio is very distracting. Most likely another thread taking priority.

The OHC case is nicer, and I think remote is too, but those things are just aesthetics. All remotes work interchangeably. It boots real fast compared to OHC.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to lundman for this post
09-24-2015, 11:56 AM
(09-22-2015 09:28 AM)Willem55 Wrote:  Ha.... the Oh So important difference between coding and configuration... changing a source code and compile vs change a few lines in a XML file for it to call a different playback engine..
That suggestion got me into some trouble on the Kodi forum 8 months ago.

so, Open Hour not release a this "change a few lines in a XML file"?
09-24-2015, 01:04 PM
A XML is readable text... and part of the Kodi release any user can adapt it to their own prefered usage...

like a configuration file..... or a startup batch file...

Well thanks for explaining your level of understanding what you are talking about.

09-24-2015, 01:54 PM
https://youtu.be/JibHpfeR3wY

09-24-2015, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 02:09 PM by looun.)
(09-24-2015 01:04 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  A XML is readable text... and part of the Kodi release any user can adapt it to their own prefered usage...

like a configuration file..... or a startup batch file...
a never hear before there is xml file kodi how can change playback engine,on Advancedsettings xml there are not.

there is other configuration file ???

(09-24-2015 01:04 PM)Willem55 Wrote:  Well thanks for explaining your level of understanding what you are talking about.

really??? you was banned on kodi form and you want do a lesson?